72 demon 340 resto

-
my first resto was my other demon about 10 years ago. thanks guys.

finally got the old quarter off and had to replace part of the outer wheel house lip, lower part of the striker post, and the whole corner of the inner rocker. cleaned everything up and it was ready for the new quarter.

more pics

Attachments

• 100_2231.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 100_2232.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,555
here s the quarter s test fit. fits pretty good. all the body lines look good, but i had to trim and tuck in a bunch of spots. its all welded on, but i got a little more fab work to make it fit perfect. AMD quarter. kinda expensive, but what else are u gonna do? i might not ever find a used one that was usable. i m taking a little break from the quarter right now and workin on some smaller parts. i bought a sandblast cabinet from harbor freight and love it so i had to break it in!!

Attachments

• 100_2233.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,523
  • 100_2234.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,531
i got a few more things done this week. like i said...i had to break that sandblast cabinet in! i got most of the brake parts cleaned up and painted this week. the rearend, springs & shackles, horns, tank straps, and wiper motor are all cleaned up.
i ve got a small assembly line for nuts and bolts set up. i spent over 60 bucks on the last car just on bolts. so i figured i d save all the bolts i could this time round. so i took 3 plastic coffee cans and made an assembly line to clean the rusty bolts. super easy.
1 st can has muratic acid( also has a lid. nasty stuff)
2 nd can has soapy water with baking soda in it.
3 rd can has a 20-1 solution of water-"Rust-Ban"(keeps metal from flash rusting) in it.
takes about 1/2 hour to clean bolts, but all u have to do is dunk and walk away. i figured some guys would like to know more about this whole process, so i ll start a new thread on it.
i also finished the mods to the bottom of my AMD quarter panel yesterday.
fits a lot better now.

Attachments

• 100_2297.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 100_2296.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,425
  • 100_2288.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 100_2293.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 100_2294.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 100_2263.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,455
Awesome work man. You definitely have some skills. I love how your building it the way you would have ordered it back in the day that's really cool. My dad is doing the same with his plum crazy demon. He wanted a plum crazy with white interior when he returned from vietnam but couldn't wait for it lol. He settled on a ev2 orange 72 340 demon with a black bench seat, not quite the same lol. Anyways great work man!

thanks guys. badass....i was checkin out the plum crazy resto. looks sweet. looks like one heck of a nice resto.

Also lets see some pictures of that supercharger you have=P~ And heres one I wish I bought 2 years ago. '72 Demon /6, 3 speed manual, blue with blue interior, Already converted to a 4 speed with an 8 3/4 rear and NOS quarter. Car was solid and I could have gotten it for $2,000](*,)

I bought that car! It's waiting it's turn here, although i don't have nor can I get a title for it, so not sure what I'm gonna do now.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread here. Project looks great!

3 more small patches and all the metal is ready for beauty work. can t wait. tired of welding. lol

1 more tiny patch in the passenger wheel well and all the metal is patched. thank god. i m ready to do something else now. got the new drums for the rear. probably paint those tomorrow.

Attachments

• 100_2307.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,476
  • 100_2309.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,464
finally found a guy with a set of upper and lower control arms. also got a new set of struts. got the arms and struts painted, rear drums, and some misc. brackets and junk. i ll post some pics once i shovel myself out to the shop. lol

Nice work! Wish I had the tools and knowledge to do metal work......

I'm always so impressed with all the knowledge and capabilities of the members I see on this website! On a very good day I couldn't do 1/8 of what some of you guys are able to do. Hats off to you all! =D>

Oh well, someone has to buy these cars when the owner gets bored and wants to tackle something new.

Dan
72_340_Demon
:snakeman:

here s a couple pics of the control arms, and the rearend parts ready to assemble. took me awhile to get the right look for the lowers. turned out good though. i just figured i d let everyone know that POR-15 is awesome. the control arms i got from another member were blasted and painted with por-15 gloss black. i wanted to go for a natural look, so i figured i d throw them in the blast cabinet and strip em down to bare metal again. WRONG. i used fresh glass bead and high pressure, and it was damn near indestructable. it would have taken me all day to completely strip them. i ve been using POR-15 for a long time, i just never had to strip it off. WOW. no wonder my hands are black for a couple weeks when i get it on me. LOL. i ended up sand blasting them just to etch them well enough for the silver POR-15 to bond. turned out good.
anyway. now i m on to the bottom of the car again. i ve got most of the first coats of primer blocked down and the small pits filled. i hate sanding.lol probably won t hear from me for awhile. lol

Attachments

• 100_2312.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 100_2316.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,377
  • 100_2317.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,374
done with the bottom. one more sand job and the belly of the beast will be ready for paint. need to let my finger tips heal up a little before they disappear. lol. started on the inside trunk floor this morning. plan on getting that in final primer, and starting on the lead work this coming week. after that. it ll be body work time.

Attachments

• 100_2321.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 100_2325.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,313
-
Back