72 demon 340 resto

-
man..do those upper control arms look as good in person as they do in the photo?....Hate to sound like a rookie...but how did you get such a great finish on them? lowers look better than "factory'' also

Do you think that I could buy some seeds from you? You know..The ones from that Money tree you have in the back yard!! LOL. Just kidding with you! Nice work!! I'm jealous..:notworth:

sure. they are 100 bucks a seed, or 5 seeds for 300. can t guarantee they ll grow, though.
i m not even to the point where i am spending a lot of money yet. this thread will probably have some cob webs on it when that time comes.

Just joking with ya!! I wish I had that talent! First of all,we can't find a good starter car up here.We would have to come down and stay with you while we hunt for one in the good old U.S. of A!! lol.. Keep up the good work!

Awesome...very impressive. You are gonna be so proud when you are done. Thanks for sharing your dream.

sure. they are 100 bucks a seed, or 5 seeds for 300. can t guarantee they ll grow, though.
i m not even to the point where i am spending a lot of money yet. this thread will probably have some cob webs on it when that time comes.

Looking good ! I like it..... are the uppers sprayed or brushed?

i spray just about everything. por-15 goes a lot farther if you spray it. i use 2 coats. i like it cause it dries rock hard. even when my shop is cool. the next day its rock hard and it s hard as hell to get off. i mix different ratios of semi gloss black and silver to get the different types of metal finishes. the only down side is that it s shiny. but i figured thats an ok trade for durability. thanks for all the good words guys.

i spray just about everything. por-15 goes a lot farther if you spray it. i use 2 coats. i like it cause it dries rock hard. even when my shop is cool. the next day its rock hard and it s hard as hell to get off. i mix different ratios of semi gloss black and silver to get the different types of metal finishes. the only down side is that it s shiny. but i figured thats an ok trade for durability. thanks for all the good words guys.

:thumbup:

got the mirrors tore down today and ready to blast. and got 3/4 of the lead work done today. had a good friend and the guy who showed me how to do bodywork come give me a hand with the lead work. He s almost 70 and is one of the most picky restoration guys i ve ever met. it s cool to learn how to do something from and old-time craftsman. those are the guys who used to build **** with their bare hands. thanks for the help Mr. Sampsel

got the lead all done and cleaned up. turned out good. once i get the inside of the trunk floor in primer...i ll be starting the rest of the bodywork. i m getting excited now.

Attachments

• 100_2333.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 100_2334.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,571
  • 100_2335.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,562
i got the trunk floor in primer, the mirrors blasted and primed, the inner doors blasted and primed, and cleaned up the shop yesterday, since it was so nice outside.

Attachments

• 100_2338.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,543
got the hood back on her tonight. starting to get all the panels tweaked so the body work will be easy. everything fits pretty good. thanks to the wife for helping me put the hood on. i m thinking about hacking the holes in the hood tomorrow for the scoop. the original hood had the scoop, but no fresh air holes. NOT FOR LONG.

Attachments

• 100_2341.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,515
thanks. i wish i could move faster. i wanna drive this thing. or at least get it done so i can stare at it awhile. lol

i ve been kinda busy lately, but got out to do some work tonight. i got the hood pins mocked up and got the hood scoop and fresh air holes buttoned up. thanks to 7demon2 for starting the scoop thread a long time ago. the original hood was kinda toast and i didn t get it with the car, so i had to do a lot of measuring.

Attachments

• 100_2345.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,496
Sweet build, wish I had to space you have to work in. Maybe then I'd get something done ? ? ?

Subscribed

Great progress! That is goona look awesome when its painted!!
Did you build your rotissiere? If so how do you have in it?

thanks guys.
i got the rotisserie plans online, for free. i had my local fab shop order the metal, cut it, and drill it. i welded it all together. took about 2 days. all together i have around 470 bucks into it. the only thing i would change is the vertical pivot points. it needs to be a little taller to make the car rotate completely over. it will turn 90 degrees, but it would be nice to have the option to fully rotate.

well i ve been busy. just at work, not workin on the demon. i started the body work about a week ago. not much accomplished lately tho. i should have about half of the beast in primer this weekend. after the other half i ll be paintin. yee-haa
my other car was feeling neglected, so i washed it this weekend for a show at the shop i work at, so i figured i d get a pic of it since it was clean for once. lol

Attachments

• 100_2347.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,368
well. i got the passenger side straightened out and in its first coats of high build primer. i ve got a little work left to do on the very bottom of the rocker, but she s gettin straight. it doesn t look much different cause the high-build is black like the epoxy currently on the car. i started the other side, but forgot to bring my big d.a. home from work, so i gave up. once the driver side is done. its all down hill from there.

Attachments

• 100_2350.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,303
  • 100_2349.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,311
-
Back