72 demon 340 resto

-
thanks yall.
i got the inside of the car covered in sound deadener for the second time. originally i sprayed truck bed liner inside, but i was worried that wouldn t be quiet or cool enough, so i opted to go the peel n seel route. it seems to make the inside more solid than it was before.
i took the doors and fenders to work this morning and painted them. turned out good. next i plan on cleaning up the latches and window tracks. i need to get new glass. anyone out there buy amd glass before? i think that s the route i m gonna go.
i ll post some pics soon.

got the doors hung and fit. undercoated the backs of the fenders and got them loose hung for now, til i get the hood painted and put on to line up the fenders. my garage isn t big enough anymore. i remember when it was... before i brought 2 more home. lol couple weeks and i ll sand and rub the doors and fenders. got the decklid and nose cones at work right now to paint.
also got most of the sound deadener in the cabin. still have to do the firewall, insides of doors, and finish up the inside of the sail panels.

Attachments

• 102_2501.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 963
  • 102_2505.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 952
  • 102_2503.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 944
Man is that thing turning out nice....Love the Black !! Can't wait to see more pics. Also like the Power Wagon.

Just checkin in on your build, hope all is well with you. If your fingertips have healed from all the sanding, upload a few more pics of that beast.

Later...

bought some mirror glass and shaved it down to fit. what a pain in the ***. took forever. bought some rubber to make the mirror base gaskets.
bought some material to make the trunk to cabin divider. gotta paint it black yet.
painted the rims.
gotta get some tires.
rubbed the fenders and doors
got the decklid painted. gots to rub it yet.
this week i m hoping to get the rearend all put together and detaild so i can put it back in.
gotta get the original 340 off the k-member to blast it and paint it.
its time to get it down off the rotisserie.
been slowly plugging away at it. only things left to paint body wise are the gas cap and the hood-and scoop.
i need to get the tires and then i can get it rolling and start on the interior. i have just about everything to finish the inside, but it ll take some time to rip the dash apart and get everything plated, painted and put back together.

Attachments

• 102_2516.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 838
  • 102_2515.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 829
  • 102_2514.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 851
  • 102_2513.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 834
question for you i know a carter thermoquad 4 down draft carb came on the 340 demon but i cant find the model number any ideas or where i might find the information thanks

6138s is 72 340 manual. Thermoquad
6139s is 72 340 automatic. Thermoquad

got the rear end parts all together. waiting on the pinion and rear bearing to finish it up. i got the breaks rebuilt, and the inspection marks put back on. some wouldn t put the factory marks back on, but i think it just adds some detail to the assembly. i didn t get crazy with the white paint like the factory did, but i did put the main markings back on. it looked like someone dumped a pint of white paint on the housing. 3/4 of the sucker was white. that was just too much for me. i ll post a pick of all the markings and finished rear once i get it done.
forgot to mention...i picked up some spare supercharger parts at the nats and an n.o.s. set of paxton supercharger gauges. the yre not what would have originally been in the gss demons, but they ll look cool in the cockpit.

thanks everyone for the kind words. i appreciate it, and i hope my progress inspires others to get theirs done.

Attachments

• 102_2535.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 773
  • 102_2524.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 750
got the rearend done and detailed. i got the tank in, and started the puzzle of putting the firewall insulation in.

Attachments

• 103_2992.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 693
  • 103_2994.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 713
couple more pics

Attachments

• 103_3000.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 719
  • 103_2986.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 681
Nothing much. Got k member and some suspension painted. Tryin to save up and buy parts. I need tires and glass to progress.

i took the center console to a chromer this week. can t wait to see how much that is...it wasn t that bad..just a little bit of pits, but we all know pits mean $$$$

thanks hemimark. i m still pluggin. just might take awhile

-
Back