72 demon 340 resto

-
Been slowly creeping on it but still moving.

Attachments

• 20140331_201519.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 850
Got the engine outside and cleaned it a little. Started refinishing brackets and pulleys. Gotta take the block down and get it machine when I get some coin saved up. Kinda thinking stroker. Hughes has some lower compression stroker kits that d mate ok with the blower. I m not as mechanically intelligent as I wish I was so I ll have to get my machine guyto help me decide. He s got a good rep so that makes me feel better.

Thanks john.
Some pics of my crappy engine. Someone thought it would be awesome to paint the front of the engine the same color as the original yellow paint. Either that or somebody that repainted the outside of the car didn't believe in masking tape. Lol

Ok. I can t post pics all the sudden.
Sounds good zombie. If you're coming from cali....bring me a trunk full of oranges.

wow......great progress Evil, your obviously a man who works much more than he talks. That thing is looking sick. I love the black on black hood , can't wait to see the engine all done up and in. Looks awesome man.....Thx for updating us.

By the By, where did you get the replacement foam and covers for the seats. They look like they turned out real nice.

Thanks evil, I will check them out online. My seats are trashed, I will see if they carry the foam as well. Take care.....

I just went through this build thread for the first time. WOW! What an incredible car you are building. It's going to be even cooler than YOU imagined! Awesome!

Thanks 57. I love this car. But I swear it hates me. It seems like it doesn't want to be put back together. Lol. Sometimes when I get really pissed off at it I tell it I should have left it to rot away in Nebraska. Lol

Thanks. I used a single stage black from ppg. It lays down nice and uniform. You could also use sem hot rod black. Its a little bit shinier but looks good and doesn't look blotchy when it dries. I didn't use a stripe kit. I layed all the stripes out with fine line tape. I don t like the look of the painted center with the vinyl tape stripes. It never looks right to me. I just layed them out with tape and painted them so all the flat black would look consistent.

Thanks. I used a single stage black from ppg. It lays down nice and uniform. You could also use sem hot rod black. Its a little bit shinier but looks good and doesn't look blotchy when it dries. I didn't use a stripe kit. I layed all the stripes out with fine line tape. I don t like the look of the painted center with the vinyl tape stripes. It never looks right to me. I just layed them out with tape and painted them so all the flat black would look consistent.

Wow, that's why the scoop and stripes match so well. It definitely makes a difference. Thx. Excellent work.

Pics are loading for me again. This was the first time the demons been outside in years. I changed the backing plates and everything seems good now.

Attachments

• 20140607_125904.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 556
Got my supercharger box all refinished and crammed full of a new high performance filter. Bought a lot of stuff at the mopar nats. Still getting parts in the mail.

Attachments

• 20140820_191817.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 479
Finally found a nice pair of these stewart warner gauges like the gss cars had.
I ordered door glass from amd. Interested to see how that s gonna work out.

Attachments

• 20140706_183212.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 475
Finally found a nice pair of these stewart warner gauges like the gss cars had.
I ordered door glass from amd. Interested to see how that s gonna work out.

good luck with AMD. They must of had a bad run. I got 3 different drivers doors glass, all bent out of shape...

....This is one piece of tape on the belt molding.. look toward the front. The gap is large!

Attachments

• bent%20glass.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 456
Oh boy. I can t wait now. It won t b the first time i had to rumble with them guys. Thanks for the info.

New door glass. Amd. A little bit better than i expected but far from perfect. Small chip like blems along the edges in places. Too much curve front to back along the belt moulding. Not as bad as hemimarks. I m still happy with it because i think scratches look really shitty . just traded one evil for another.
I had a hell of a time with the mechanism on the driver side. Couldn t get the window to roll all the way up. I even tried the original glass. I finally just replaced all the guts . something must have been bent. Goes up fine now.

Attachments

• 20140907_170557.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 20140907_170609.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 373
-
Back