72 Swinger Project

-
Looked back over this thread and had to laugh at myself. Said the 74 was just about finished in June so I was getting started on this...well I stopped on this as the 74 **** the bed on wiring. Motor and trans is under the car and I am trying to figure out front coil-overs, brakes, rims and tires. Stuck.

Thanks Denny. I am headed up next week to get the 74. Will drop off rims. Out of curiosity what size fronts do you run on the hemi demon? I have stock 15 x 7 steelies for front and may put a Wider rim and tire on rear.

Ok, motor is in. Need to address some steering bits. And secure the radiator. On track. Front brakes next week. then fitment for tires and coil-overs. A roller again by mid January.

Attachments

• PB240144 (4).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,024
Going to have to consider changing valve covers for clearance issues. Wasn't planning on heat but the brake master cylinder might not make it.

Attachments

• PB240138 (4).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,023
Just mocked in, but will need to adjust alternator bracket. Water pump was a good deal..thanks Dart540 for that again.

Attachments

• PB240140 (3).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Had to stop work on this one for a bit while I messed around on the 74. Weather here has been crappy with rain so getting anything done outside is out. I just relaxed. Now there is an unfamiliar undertaking...sit on my *** and do nothing.

Thanks Denny. Going to order the Wilwood brakes we talked about this week. Was trying to figure out the correct manual master cylinder and pro pro portioning valve to go with set up.

Thanks Denny. Called Mancini and ordered offset adapter, master cylinder, proportioning valve, and push rod assembly. Brakes are on the way. 12 inch strut mock up should give me idea of where I should be with springs for front coil overs. I have set of 205/60s for the 15x7 steelies but something tells me that will look small on the HDK front.

Man I don't know how I missed this one. Looks great. I used the Wilwood brake system on mine also with the Mustang spindles. The only problem i ran into was the fitment of the front tires but I used the RMS Alter-K-tion front clip so you might not run into this problem.

I will let you know, but I am predicting no issues with the HDK set up. I worked on the 74 Hard and have been slow and deliberate on this car. A huge learning experience with the BB project. I wanted to all fit in and appear stock or fairly close on the outside but be a bit of a monster under the hood...we'll a budget monster...

New fuel tank and sender etc in place. Finally figured out how to re-size pics. Been cropping the hell out of everything!

Attachments

• PB240137 (800x508).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 931
Ok Wilwood brakes on. Mancini racing provided master cylinder, offset adapter, and proportioning valve. Just about ready to measure ride height and order front coil overs. Progress.

Spent this weekend and last week working on the 74 so no real progress on this one. I would really like to get this one done for Mopars at the Rock in the spring. Just not sure I am going to get there. Need to address ride height in the next month and complete front suspension. Need to cut a driveshaft. I am considering moving the car closer to me after it is rolling to try to finish by spring.

Ok. Another week of getting nothing done on this. I hoped to have it rolling by now, but no go. I honestly think the one thing I suck at is timing the progress on these builds. Reality is that I should just add 1 month to every guess I have.

I have gotten nowhere with this build as the 74 and my learning to build a motor (318) has kept me busy. Trying to get all the minor bugs worked out of the 74 and wanted to have both of these cars done by April for Mopars at the Rock. Weather is shitty so a trip to go and get this one is out.

I know what you mean Dartn440. If you look at the start of my build I was thinking 3 months that turned into 2 years and I'm still working on it.
Well as I have always said "It's a work in progress"........Just hang in there.

In the interests of keeping with changing the end product once again I began to do some more planning on the interior of the car. Current debate...car is to have the black vinyl top. Thoughts on a white interior?

Ok. Not been a whole lot of anything done on this in some time. QA1 Front coil overs ordered and on its way to being a roller once again. Pics to update when I can!

In the interests of keeping with changing the end product once again I began to do some more planning on the interior of the car. Current debate...car is to have the black vinyl top. Thoughts on a white interior?

Mmm... Maybe black and white? Or white and body color?

Keep at it progress might be slower than you wanted but that's how it always goes.

Well missed Mopars at the Rock. Driving kids and doing foundation work. Have to get my wife's car going and then back to this!

-
Back