72 Swinger Project

-
Yeah. I am organized as hell and have my stuff separated and in bins. I lay everything out on assembly etc. That works if I am going after something, but if one of my buddy’s helpers is doing something somehow that system goes to shut. Lol

So I literally told the machine shop three separate times about how 440 source recommends 10 degree locks with this cam and they did not use them when installing new valves. Part of me wants to run it and part of me wants to put a new set of heads on it.

Ok. Fixed retainers on heads in lieu of a $2800 investment in aftermarket CNC heads. I don’t need 700hp....yet. Got a pile of parts in to finish rocker assembly build and reassemble. Mounts from Denny (Thank You).

3D1EFEF4-EFB9-441D-9146-886905033C75.jpeg

So, what did you have to do to fix it? Just swap out the retainers and locks? It would have been nice if they had listened the 3 times you told them! :realcrazy:

Yes. That is what I had to do. Since o am not racing this it was the logical choice. Putting their cnc stealth heads on would have been overkill. Maybe I’ll do that on the Tasmanian Devil......

Ok. Was going with a fan but decided to keep the dual electric set up, high flow water pump instead of electric. She is running, just need to connect a few things back up and done.

405F70CE-DEAC-4581-95D8-D23ACC06BD14.jpeg

Thanks! Medium Charcoal Grey I believe. I used to think grey and brown were old man colors, but this has a nice amount of silver pearl in it.

Ok. Just a few things and we are done. Installed a fan relay to turn on fans with key in on position versus a manual switch I had before.
Running now and super happy.

Last edited:
Me: Son did you hit something with the mower?
Son: Not that I know of, why?
Me: Well I started it to cut the grass and it was vibrating so bad I had to shut it off. You sure you didn’t hit something?
Son: Not really sure.
Me: You should remember. Look at the blade.
Son: Wow. Maybe I did?

0E992608-F89B-4246-8847-BD85A2C13C62.jpeg

Me: Son did you hit something with the mower?
Son: Not that I know of, why?
Me: Well I started it to cut the grass and it was vibrating so bad I had to shut it off. You sure you didn’t hit something?
Son: Not really sure.
Me: You should remember. Look at the blade.
Son: Wow. Maybe I did?

0BD88E73-1C46-4F3F-9F7B-3C62D6241CE6.jpeg

I swear. My boys will be the death of me. They lack what we refer to as common sense. If you start the mower and your teeth rattle, turn it off, something is wrong. Lol Not my kid....he will just keep mowing and tell me **** like, you need to buy a new mower, ours doesn’t cut the grass well. Just think, I have 3 more boys to do this with.

Ok so I got this thing dialed in on temp, idle, timing, etc. it likes wind in it’s nose. Does not like to sit in traffic for long periods. In trying to keep it looking like grandpa’s car I stayed away from scoops. I think I am going there....thoughts?

-
Back