A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
anything new happening with the silver Duster, or the other Duster? driving season came early this year, have you had it out yet?

No...still tucked away.....I do need to get it back to the shop and measure the rear end width for a replacement. I am going to scavenge the one that is in it for the brown car.

I built many a K frame packages over the winter.....just not for me. A couple of updates were incorporated into the package.

Maybe Ross will post some pictures of the sway bar update......being close by, he is always willing to let me experiment on his ride......with a major plus being a great road trip to bs with Dave, Ross , Mark, Donnie, and Big Jim....and whoever else we can get to stop by. I love my job.

Hopefully get the brown car out of storage and over to Mark (the fab / welder) for chassis construction. I need to complete my new shop so it has a home once started. The shop is going slow because the rental house on the property had priority. ....but now the house for the most part in in the hands of the subs, and I can move forward on the shop..

Thanks for asking......you continue to climb on my favorite FABO member meter.

I built many a K frame packages over the winter.....just not for me. A couple of updates were incorporated into the package.

Maybe Ross will post some pictures of the sway bar update......being close by, he is always willing to let me experiment on his ride......with a major plus being a great road trip to bs with Dave, Ross , Mark, Donnie, and Big Jim....and whoever else we can get to stop by. I love my job.

Here you go... I was just waiting for the green light so I didn't hear from anybody legal team...you know Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 001.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 011.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 417
  • 010.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 372
  • 003.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 401
You are confused....those are my accountants.

My legal team is ...Shiester, Schiester, and Schiester.

no problem....they are in the same building.

BTW...thanks for posting the pics.....looks great.

no problem....they are in the same building.

BTW...thanks for posting the pics.....looks great.
I figure I would try the new site upgrades and see if I can get the pictures bigger.
004.JPG

Parked next to Steve Atwell at the Chrysler CEMA show at the Walter P. Chrysler
museum in Auburn Hills, MI last Saturday.

CEMA%202016-1%20lg%20c_zpseihjohhs.jpg

Sweet. If I could keep mine moving long enough I would be happy and would put the suspension to the test. The car just did not perform as it should. Had some wiring issues with the neutral safety switch and the trans shifter linkage and header interference that were finally sorted out. TTI makes a piece for B and E body big blocks, but not for column shift A bodies. Working now. However the car just seemed to drag so we looked at the rear. It was set up by someone else and bottom line the 11 inch rotors were not centered on the axles creating drag. Sent chunk out to be inspected. Will surely get it to the tent when I get back from my little "beach trip."

image.jpg

Don't ask me how but somehow, between building and shipping suspensions, finishing the complete remodel of the rental house on the HDK property (still all to be paved), getting the Leal car disassembled and in the shop for floor and firewall replacement, framing in the new HDK headquarters, sourcing parts for the California Flash restoration and making arrangements to accommodate as many as 20 cars in the HDK Nat's tent (with hotel rooms for everybody).......Denny managed to spend some time to trial fit the new headers and steering box in the mock-up so they're ready to slide effortlessly into the B/MP Duster when it's ready for them.

HDK-in-the-box_zpsugcjhfh1.jpg

HDK%20072116%20032_zpsp9y4jjum.jpg

Leal%20062916%20064_zpsqgpdi0y4.jpg

HDK%20shop%20072716%20026_zpsawdp2jwj.jpg

HDK%20shop%20072716%20006_zpsvqbqqnox.jpg

Leal%20Intake_zpsowiazgjf.jpg

2015%20Nats%20Tent%20lg%20c_zpshy8nzs7s.jpg

Leal%20072916%20003_zpstw41lhel.jpg

hey Denny, do you have a thread on the Cal Flash resto ? also, what about the wire car tribute, is that still in the works or on one of the other back burners?

Old Man Mopar (older brother John) is my partner on the Flash and he has a thread started already.
Turning back the clock

on the wire car....still in the works, but AFTER the Flash is completed. Be a lot easier when everything is in the new shop. It is stored for now....but the build (in my mind) is on-going.

Last edited:
Don't ask me how but somehow, between building and shipping suspensions, finishing the complete remodel of the rental house on the HDK property (still all to be paved), getting the Leal car disassembled and in the shop for floor and firewall replacement, framing in the new HDK headquarters, sourcing parts for the California Flash restoration and making arrangements to accommodate as many as 20 cars in the HDK Nat's tent (with hotel rooms for everybody).......Denny managed to spend some time to trial fit the new headers and steering box in the mock-up so they're ready to slide effortlessly into the B/MP Duster when it's ready for them.

HDK-in-the-box_zpsugcjhfh1.jpg

HDK%20072116%20032_zpsp9y4jjum.jpg

Leal%20062916%20064_zpsqgpdi0y4.jpg

HDK%20shop%20072716%20026_zpsawdp2jwj.jpg

HDK%20shop%20072716%20006_zpsvqbqqnox.jpg

Leal%20Intake_zpsowiazgjf.jpg

2015%20Nats%20Tent%20lg%20c_zpshy8nzs7s.jpg

Leal%20072916%20003_zpstw41lhel.jpg
Mission statement......
the hard stuff gets done immediately....the impossible takes a day or two.

Mission statement......
the hard stuff gets done immediately....the impossible takes a day or two.
I already quote your one saying in the shop all the time " perfection is not our goal, it's our standard" now I have another appropriate saying to use. When I make something in the shop for people they say if the quality is something I'd put on my car then its good enough for me.

having a fun life is all about attitude.....keep grinning, no matter how deep the BS.

Last edited:
I already quote your one saying in the shop all the time " perfection is not our goal, it's our standard" now I have another appropriate saying to use. When I make something in the shop for people they say if the quality is something I'd put on my car then its good enough for me.

Small Potatoes

Denny,
It was nice to meet you in person and all the other members under the tent. Seeing your car in person finally, was awesome! I love this car, so tastefully done. Hopefully we can get the SS Barracuda their next year.

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

same here.....

I got a spot in the FRONT ROW for you !!!.....maybe if you talk right, we will let you apprentice the searing of the brats on the grill.

thanks for the tent pics

-
Back