Anyone out there use a nitrous six pack set up?

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
I have a nitrous six pack setup on my 340 duster. I have finally got the carbs dialed in where I don't have any bog or hesitation. I have the nitrous micro switch on the outboard carb linkage where it will only spray when the outboards are fully open. I have a light on the dash to tell me when the solenoids would be getting power

Problem is I tried just a fuel run bottle off. Going through the gears pretty hard and the micro switch never tripped and light never came on. Meaning my outboards are not opening fully at all. If I put lighter springs in I will get the bog. Right now I have yellow short springs(one step up from white) with my 3.55 4 speed and works very well.

Not sure what to really do to get it to work right. All my other cars with nitrous have mechanical secondary 4 barrels and I have no issues.

I don't think I could run the switch on the center since it would spray with the outboard carbs still closed some.

Anyone have suggestions or have run a six pack with nitrous

Are you running plates or nozzles or what and how many? For your solution how about a cam similar to a accelerator pump cam combined with a vacuum switch to trip the micro switch? That way a partial opening can trigger it and stay activated through the rest of the travel. I collected some 2bbl plates pondering the use of NO2 on my six packs but I run mechanical carbs....

It is a nos brand set up.. It uses a spray bar plate under the outboard carbs and the center carb is just a spacer. It uses one fuel and one nitrous solenoid teed to run both plates.

I just had it out for another ride and I bent the micro switch so it would come on a bit sooner, right under 3/4 of the travel for the outboard carbs(also limits the carbs from opening anymore).. The micro switch trips right around 3000 rpm and stays on until I shift each gear.

So at 3000 rpm the outboard car travel is right under 3/4. I think I am going to put a micro switch with a 2 inch lever and lower the bracket. It should trip the same way it is setup now but the lever should bow some to let the carbs finish there travel. Basically working like accelerator pump as you stated. Allow nitrous to come on a bit earlier and run through

Disconnect the center vacuum line and apply a vacuum. If one or both diaphragms are bad, the outboard carbs won't open. Oh yeah, make sure the center carb in propped open while you do it.

If they open correctly, you might have a blockage that prevents the venturi vacuum from getting to the diaphragms.

The outside carbs are opening for sure and car pulls great. Like stated above just wasn't tripping the micro switch in time. If anything the outboard are just about fully open at 5200ish and by that time I am getting ready to shift. I know another 1000 rpm left but I have the rev limiter set low for the time being. Just need to figure out a micro switch that will bring the nitrous on around 3000 with the outboard are 3/4 on the way to full.

I watched a few youtube videos on board with six packs and you can see linkage work slowly to full open especially on a 4 speed car. On the auto car you see the linkage go full and stay but not letting off to shift

The outside carbs are opening for sure and car pulls great. Like stated above just wasn't tripping the micro switch in time. If anything the outboard are just about fully open at 5200ish and by that time I am getting ready to shift. I know another 1000 rpm left but I have the rev limiter set low for the time being. Just need to figure out a micro switch that will bring the nitrous on around 3000 with the outboard are 3/4 on the way to full.

I watched a few youtube videos on board with six packs and you can see linkage work slowly to full open especially on a 4 speed car. On the auto car you see the linkage go full and stay but not letting off to shift

Lighter diaphragm springs???

-
Back