ATTENTION 318 owners: any interest???

-
Well damn, like a fantasy racing deal with real cars.

I'm in but how bad you going to beat me up for a 340 with a SD and Slide-A-Link?

EDIT: and an X block. I don't want to grind the numbers off. 4.04 bore.
Yeah, like a fantasy race with real cars... LOL
Sorry, gotta have a 318. I don't want to try and handi-cap, or make a penalty box for 340's, 360's, 440's, New Hemi challengers, etc etc. That would eat a lot of time. I would, however, give you the formula I'm using and you could alter it for a simular 340 race....???....... :realcrazy:

The "IN's" so far:
318willrun
Ottmundr
Shamrock--WV2NC
SSG_Karg
Rainy Day Auto
MJLR
Mopar Tim

Remember, it needs to be a 318 street vehicle on pump gas (93 octane or less), and left that way on the track.

Last edited:
1/2 hour on the highway? How about 15 minutes. 4.88 gears with 4000 stall its a little rough to run 30 minutes at 55.

1/2 hour on the highway? How about 15 minutes. 4.88 gears with 4000 stall its a little rough to run 30 minutes at 55.
It's a 318, right? It is street legal? It runs off pump gas? I guess I'll see what the folks that have entered say, leave it up to them. Problem is, if we get away from "true street cars", it makes it very difficult to draw the penalty box. I'll post the penalty box that I've started on so you and others can see the thought process.

Here is the mock-up of the penalty box. If you are IN the race, or seriously considering entering the race, then feel free to discuss what you would like to see different. If you have no intentions on entering, Please refrain from input on the Penalty box.
Here it is, Ask Questions. Post #3 is an example of how it works

DSCN0844.JPG

Last edited:
It's a 318, right? It is street legal? It runs off pump gas? I guess I'll see what the folks that have entered say, leave it up to them. Problem is, if we get away from "true street cars", it makes it very difficult to draw the penalty box. I'll post the penalty box that I've started on so you and others can see the thought process.
Yup...doesn't sound like a real street car...

Jeff

I would love to enter, BUT there is no where to race in So Cal anymore, other then the 1/8 mile setup at Qualcom.

Please feel free to comment if you are "in", or considering joining.
NOTES:
1). Car must be 100% street and remain that way at time trial. No open headers/slicks
2). No Power adders (boost/NOS/high octane fuel)
3). Worked heads means milling over .010, any porting/gasket matching or larger valves
4). traction devices including DOT drag tires are ok. No penalty
5). hood scoops, fresh air, ok. No penalty
6). Any ignition upgrades ok, no penalty (MSD, Dual point, recurved timing)
7). Honesty, just be honest. No purse, so keep your integrity :)

my entry is not exactly my own car but it is in the family and the family don't mind me doing this since I am the family mechanic.

It is a 1968 Sport Satellite wagon that is original and documented down to us having the original dealer window sticker. The car has 55K miles and no where in the documents is any reason to believe the engine has ever even been out of the car.

318 2 bbl. with original single exhaust and a receipt from 1990 from Meineke for a new muffler.
Car has an 8 3/4 with unknown gears but I would assume 2.76 and it has its original 904 transmission.

The only thing I am going to do to it in the coming month is convert it to electronic ignition with a mopar kit (O.E. ) parts ONLY and tune it up.

This is as street car as it gets, just like it was in fall of 1967 when it was ordered at a local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer.

CIMG0023.JPG

CIMG0024.JPG

my entry is not exactly my own car but it is in the family and the family don't mind me doing this since I am the family mechanic.

It is a 1968 Sport Satellite wagon that is original and documented down to us having the original dealer window sticker. The car has 55K miles and no where in the documents is any reason to believe the engine has ever even been out of the car.

318 2 bbl. with original single exhaust and a receipt from 1990 from Meineke for a new muffler.
Car has an 8 3/4 with unknown gears but I would assume 2.76 and it has its original 904 transmission.

The only thing I am going to do to it in the coming month is convert it to electronic ignition with a mopar kit (O.E. ) parts ONLY and tune it up.

This is as street car as gets, just like it was in fall of 1967 when it was ordered at a local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer.

View attachment 1715019367

View attachment 1715019368
That is AWESOME! This is going to be a great event :) Thanks for sharing

Not sure I agree with the .3 penalty for the stick cars (yes mine is stick). Maybe it should be a .3 addition.

This is as street car as it gets, just like it was in fall of 1967 when it was ordered at a local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer.

View attachment 1715019367

View attachment 1715019368
Cool boat! :thumbsup:

Not sure I agree with the .3 penalty for the stick cars (yes mine is stick). Maybe it should be a .3 addition.
My thinking was, in close to stock form, a stick would be an advantage in the "stall" area. A stock 318, especially in a pickup or such, has anywhere from a 1600 stall to maybe a 2000 stall in a 904 Duster. A stick car can come out of the hole had 4000 grand, and if you have DOT drag tires, the stick car will hole shot every time. Plus, if it's a 4 speed, it will have an advantage in gearing.
Now, if you noticed, the automatics begin to have a greater penalty for an upgraded stall. So a "super street" stall has a .7 penalty, giving almost a half second to a manual.

But I'm open to the others opinions...... chime in :)

-
Back