ATTENTION 318 owners: any interest???

-
I think I may want to be included. My only penalty is a 4bbl carb.
All I need to do is to find a dragstrip.

So are we agreed and official on all the penalties?
I could make a form with check boxes etc to make it simpler.....

Jeff

So are we agreed and official on all the penalties?
I could make a form with check boxes etc to make it simpler.....

Jeff
Thanks for bringing it up.
I was thinking, maybe we should give .2 tenths back for those that have 727's. The "TDC" car at 15.9's would have been 318 2bbl with a 904, 2.76 gears at 3300 no driver. Any thoughts?

By the way, Jeff, thanks for offering! A form with check boxes would be great!

Thanks for bringing it up.
I was thinking, maybe we should give .2 tenths back for those that have 727's. The "TDC" car at 15.9's would have been 318 2bbl with a 904, 2.76 gears at 3300 no driver. Any thoughts?

By the way, Jeff, thanks for offering! A form with check boxes would be great!

I agree the 727 is a hp pig....I have one.....
I'll be weighing my car without my 175lb *** in it!

Jeff

Glad to have you in !!!!!!!!!!
I can not seem to locate a dragstrip here in Phoenix. there is thunderbird raceway but I do not know or can not find out if and when they have a time for racing that is not sponsored

I'll be getting a weight on mine also (without my 200+ lbs in it).
I can not seem to locate a dragstrip here in Phoenix. there is thunderbird raceway but I do not know or can not find out if and when they have a time for racing that is not sponsored
i'm from Illinois, but isn't Mel Larson Dragway right there in Phoenix??
Wittman, AZ.... ???

Last edited:
Revised - added a line on 727's and O.D./998/999 trannies. This seem fair?

DSCN0853.JPG

DSCN0854.JPG

thought it would be good to post this under the penalty box again
Please feel free to comment if you are "in", or considering joining.
NOTES:
1). Car must be 100% street and remain that way at time trial. No open headers/slicks
2). No Power adders (boost/NOS/high octane fuel)
3). Worked heads means milling over .010, any porting/gasket matching or larger valves
4). traction devices including DOT drag tires are ok. No penalty
5). hood scoops, fresh air, ok. No penalty
6). Any ignition upgrades ok, no penalty (MSD, Dual point, recurved timing)
7). Honesty, just be honest. No purse to win, so don't lose your integrity :)

I'll be getting a weight on mine also (without my 200+ lbs in it).

i'm from Illinois, but isn't Mel Larson Dragway right there in Phoenix??
Wittman, AZ.... ???
There was some dragway up in Whittman but I think it closed in 2013.

Can I let my wife go up the street 1/4 miles, fire a gun and then time me with her phone?
:eek:)

There was some dragway up in Whittman but I think it closed in 2013.

Can I let my wife go up the street 1/4 miles, fire a gun and then time me with her phone?
:eek:)
Gotta be a dragstrip somewhere around there, Phoenix is huge! Must be a lot of drag racers there taking their cars somewhere......
your wife, gun, phone, your car might make a good utube clip :D

I was going to get my car to a scale, but snowing now and salt trucks are out, guess it will be a little longer....

Chandler, Az. Isn't that real close to Phoenix? "Wild horse pass race park"

Headed to the drag strip today. Not taking the Dart. I think I got some rotors that need turned. I am taking my 2016 Ram single cab. If time allows I'll see what it can do in the 1/8. But there's a swap meet there. Maybe I'll find something.

Headed to the drag strip today. Not taking the Dart. I think I got some rotors that need turned. I am taking my 2016 Ram single cab. If time allows I'll see what it can do in the 1/8. But there's a swap meet there. Maybe I'll find something.
Rub it in, woke up to snow covered ground, and salt trucks a plowing ...
V6 truck??

What if I show up with an X block and have the X removed? Stock stroke, but at minimum a 4.03 bore?

How would you police that?
Well damn, like a fantasy racing deal with real cars.

I'm in but how bad you going to beat me up for a 340 with a SD and Slide-A-Link?

EDIT: and an X block. I don't want to grind the numbers off. 4.04 bore.
I wouldn't penalize you, I'd give ya .5:thumbsup:
Anyone else wanna see that ?

Chandler, Az. Isn't that real close to Phoenix? "Wild horse pass race park"
That is the Thunderbird race track. I could not find a time that it was open to the public to just come and run. Seems,to me, all their time is taken up by sponsored events. I am on the North edge of the Valley and they are on the far south end of the valley

I'm in. Motivate me to get my vacuum advance and mechanical advance zeroed in.

Thank you, I just buttoned up the car and came in. You reminded me that I forgot to reconnect the vacuum advance

The "IN" list so far:
318willrun
Ottmundr
Shamrock--WV2NC
SSG_Karg
Rainy Day Auto
MrJLR
Mopar Tim
moparenthuz
65Vsignet
Pawned
CudaDust
J par

Last edited:
Bone stock 98 Durango ? I think it may have 355 in the rear end likely but good Lord the size of the tires!

-
Back