ATTENTION 318 owners: any interest???

-
Speaking of Jpar's Durango, I was thinking of adding .2 tenths for 4x4 vehicles. They are turning more and most don't have lock-out hubs anymore.....
I'm not worried about the weight because they get that back by .1 for every 100 lbs. But 4x4 Durango's, Dakota's, Ram 1500's & 2500's are turning an extra differential and drive shaft. I think .2 tenths is reasonable??

REVISED --- Added "4x4" line. If no loc-out hubs, add .2 tenths. Durango, Dakota, Ram 1500 & 2500 or older Ramchargers is what I was thinking. Thoughts?

DSCN0855.JPG

I wouldn't penalize you, I'd give ya .5:thumbsup:
Anyone else wanna see that ?

Wait wait wait. You saying I can run it as it sits and you GIVE me .5????????????????????

Hell yes I'm in like flint on that deal. What do you think 318WR? You down for that handicap for me?

Wait wait wait. You saying I can run it as it sits and you GIVE me .5????????????????????

Hell yes I'm in like flint on that deal. What do you think 318WR? You down for that handicap for me?
I think J par was think'n a grudge match between you and him personally :D
Yellow rose, love to have you in, but ya need a 318. It would take a lot of effort to expand to 340's, 360's, and stroker 390's, 408's, 410's, and try to do a penalty box on all of that. Then along comes the new hemi chally's, and SRT -neons, you see where it would go??

Naw, we are going to keep it true street 318's......

I think J par was think'n a grudge match between you and him personally :D
Yellow rose, love to have you in, but ya need a 318. It would take a lot of effort to expand to 340's, 360's, and stroker 390's, 408's, 410's, and try to do a penalty box on all of that. Then along comes the new hemi chally's, and SRT -neons, you see where it would go??

Naw, we are going to keep it true street 318's......

Well, he needs to drag his mossy *** over hear because I'm not dragging my dusty *** over there. I detest where he lives and only go there because my doc is there. And my family. Or I'd let that moldy assed place fade from my dwindling memory.

Plus, I don't even have a 318 here. I do have access to an R block and 3.79 stroke crank tho.................and I have my W-2 heads........

Well, he needs to drag his mossy *** over hear because I'm not dragging my dusty *** over there. I detest where he lives and only go there because my doc is there. And my family. Or I'd let that moldy assed place fade from my dwindling memory.

Plus, I don't even have a 318 here. I do have access to an R block and 3.79 stroke crank tho.................and I have my W-2 heads........
Where and when ?

Actually I started a whole thread for this argument about yr and I, 340 x head versus 410 Stroker? I'm calculating the Durango right now and my next post will continue on my 318 and this threat thank you
(Two for one - I'll use the Durango to pull the race car trailer to drag yr's dusty *** down the track get a time slip for this race from the Durango and hook it back up to the trailer and take the car home):thumbsup:

Actually I started a whole thread for this argument about yr and I, 340 x head versus 410 Stroker? I'm calculating the Durango right now and my next post will continue on my 318 and this threat thank you
(Two for one - I'll use the Durango to pull the race car trailer to drag yr's dusty *** down the track get a time slip for this race from the Durango and hook it back up to the trailer and take the car home):thumbsup:

Plus, you may never know when I drop the W-2's on.

Personally I'll take what I can get I added it in my calculations here now so are we going to like have are calculated time posted by our name so we should be running or is that the big secret? Or should we kind of make a post with are calculated time kind of giving what we came up with and how? Or was this all covered in a post I didn't see?
Speaking of Jpar's Durango, I was thinking of adding .2 tenths for 4x4 vehicles. They are turning more and most don't have lock-out hubs anymore.....
I'm not worried about the weight because they get that back by .1 for every 100 lbs. But 4x4 Durango's, Dakota's, Ram 1500's & 2500's are turning an extra differential and drive shaft. I think .2 tenths is reasonable??

Personally I'll take what I can get I added it in my calculations here now so are we going to like have are calculated time posted by our name so we should be running or is that the big secret? Or should we kind of make a post with are calculated time kind of giving what we came up with and how? Or was this all covered in a post I didn't see?
Soon I will post the "318 race" in the racers forum. I'll post a list of the racers name, post # of car, and dial index (their time according to box). Post number of car will be when you post your car against the penalty box, taken the subtractions/additions to the 15.9 time. this way others may have questions and learn from others experience :)

Post number 3 of this thread is a good example of how it will work.

Then readers/racers can go to post number and read about Mopar Tim's car or go to post number and read about your car. If changes are made to the car, just edit the post. Or, post a new post and that post will become your new post number.
I'll keep a spreadsheet and post any changes as racers make passes. Hope this clarifies. If not, ask all the questions needed to clarify.
This thread is already on page 5, so it would be hard to make the chart visible here. I figured questions, comments will take place here to be sure everyone is in agreement.

Last edited:
Ooookey anyways here's what I got- basically a stock 98 Durango...
4700 lb's +1.4
Tires 31's. +.2
Gears 355's? -.5
Van/truck-wind +.2
4×4 +.2
Fuel injection -.4
Mag. Heads -.4
Mag. Block -.3
16.3 ?

Ooookey anyways here's what I got- basically a stock 98 Durango...
4700 lb's +1.4
Tires 31's. +.2
Gears 355's? -.5
Van/truck-wind +.2
4×4 +.2
Fuel injection -.4
Mag. Heads -.4
Mag. Block -.3
16.3 ?
yeah, that looks about right. I didn't go through and do all the math, but that would be close. You might loose your Van/Truck wind due to a durango not being full size. That might put you at a 16.1 I'm going to weigh my car at a scale so I know for sure.

Goonness! LOL leave it to me to open up the first question? Now that would make any truck of that error not full size also ? I mean when you're saying full-size you mean the older tracks?

I guess since you're taking suggestions Maybe .1 for the new or mid sizes? I know it's not as big as the old full size but it's still pretty tall and up there in the air catching wind up in the atmosphere ? just sayin....
your rule though - I just want to join in the reindeer games :D

Goonness! LOL leave it to me to open up the first question? Now that would make any truck of that error not full size also ? I mean when you're saying full-size you mean the older tracks?
Full size trucks would be Ram/Van 1500/2500/3500, or D150/250.... as they are taller, wider than a Dakota/Durango....... like these

Tall pickup.jpg

tall van.jpg

tall 85 Ram.jpg

tall ramcharger.jpg

I guess since you're taking suggestions Maybe .1 for the new or mid sizes? I know it's not as big as the old full size but it's still pretty tall and up there in the air catching wind up in the atmosphere ? just sayin....
your rule though - I just want to join in the reindeer games :D
I just want to be fair to the B and C bodies.... they get nothin' for the wind. Maybe we should give a .1 to any mid size truck (Dakota/Durango), and B/C bodies.????????

I just want to be fair to the B and C bodies.... they get nothin' for the wind. Maybe we should give a .1 to any mid size truck (Dakota/Durango), and B/C bodies.????????

Is my 4.7 going to be legal? Or are you going to make me use my truck? It's the only 318 I have.

Is my 4.7 going to be legal? Or are you going to make me use my truck? It's the only 318 I have.
You have a truck with a 318? By George, why didn't you say so! If you have a truck with a 318 that goes on the street, your in!!!!!

Here is a format that will be posted in the new thread of the racers forum. It will be the 1st post when I create the thread so it will be very easy to find, and update.
1st place will be up top, 2nd place and on down..... Right now they are just in the order that they signed up. Once folks make a pass, they'll be placed accordingly. We will be able to fill in everything but the "Actual E.T" until they make a pass.

DSCN0856.JPG

Please explain like you are talking to a 6 year old. As I have not raced since August of 1972. Dial index is what?
I am able to race on March 17, April 7 or May 12. Is there any problem with this schedule? Or must I go sooner

-
Back