ATTENTION 318 owners: any interest???

-
Thanks bud! Like
I said, it may be possible BUT I don't want to commit and never show.

I'm nearly finished with the wife's Cuda.
My son (14) wants "In" to learn how this stuff works. So I though about 2 birds with 1 stone.

Thanks bud! Like
I said, it may be possible BUT I don't want to commit and never show.

I'm nearly finished with the wife's Cuda.
My son (14) wants "In" to learn how this stuff works. So I though about 2 birds with 1 stone.

Good plan. 2 for 1 is always more cost effective. I'm still thinking about counting up my penalties and seeing if I can make this work. My 318 is all 100% 318 except for a .130 overbore. Hell, I'd take my hits.

But if 318WR wants to keep it pure I don't blame him. Hell, if I had a 318 I'd stuff that pig in there and kick carcuss. I'd have to take a bunch of hits on my factor. I have been the red headed stepchild before. What say you think 318willrun?

It's a bit removed don't ya think at a 4.04 bore now?

3.31 X 4.04 and not the 3.91 or 3.94 bore size.

Come on now!!!
LOL

Good plan. 2 for 1 is always more cost effective. I'm still thinking about counting up my penalties and seeing if I can make this work. My 318 is all 100% 318 except for a .130 overbore. Hell, I'd take my hits.

But if 318WR wants to keep it pure I don't blame him. Hell, if I had a 318 I'd stuff that pig in there and kick carcuss. I'd have to take a bunch of hits on my factor. I have been the red headed stepchild before. What say you think 318willrun?
I've stated already, 318 with max bore of .060. It's in the penalty box. Needs to be a true street car, means it runs off of pump gas, can cruise 55 mph for 1/2 hour on summer day, and raced in street form. No open exhaust, no slicks, no racing fuel.
Again, i'm not making a penalty box for 440's, 410's, 340's, 360's.
I don't think we need to address this again, thanks friend. :)

Here are the entrees and the Penalty Box . I expect it to grow, as folks can enter anytime in 2017. Anyways, as we are now in March, are we ok with the Penalty Box as it's written?

upload_2017-3-2_9-41-20.png

upload_2017-3-2_9-42-27.png

Please feel free to comment if you are "in", or considering joining.
NOTES:
1). Car must be 100% street and remain that way at time trial. No open headers/slicks
2). No Power adders (boost/NOS/high octane fuel)
3). Worked heads means milling over .010, any porting/gasket matching or larger valves
4). traction devices including DOT drag tires are ok. No penalty
5). hood scoops, fresh air, ok. No penalty
6). Any ignition upgrades ok, no penalty (MSD, Dual point, recurved timing)
7). Honesty, just be honest. No purse, so keep your integrity :)

7 notes to keep in mind.....

A person can enter multiple entree's :D
I'm thinking on pulling the factory 360 out of the wife's '77 Ramcharger, and putting in a stone stock 318 2bbl I have sitting on the engine stand that came out of a Dodge pickup... :realcrazy:
LOL.... that would give me a lot of time... Full size, 4x4, 727, heavy, tall tires.......

I seen crazier. Not much. But still crazier things have been done.

I seen crazier. Not much. But still crazier things have been done.
Ok, don't right me off to "Singer" yet.... LOL
Planning on pullin' the 360 sometime this summer to do a little work to it anyway. Might as well drop the 318 in it I got on a trade/deal. Suppose to be a good motor.... :realcrazy: Maybe it will win the 318 race :D

Well!!! , I'll tell you what there buddy!
I'll call singer tomorrow and I'll have him put a bed across from mine with a HEMI night light so we can chat all night!!!!
P.S. Light switch is next to your bed! MoPar mags under the night stand.

:rofl:

I'll try to get a weight on my car this week and post the time it's supposed to run against the penalty box (weather has been CRAZY... ). When I weigh the car, it will be as I race it. No spare, jack, just under 1/2 tank of gas (without me in it). Then I'll start a new thread for posting the cars (I'll post mine 1st for an example), with this thread as a reference.
Track opens here the end of next month.... Hope to make a pass :steering:

Well the tracks around here open this last weekend but weather is still not cooperating...

Well the tracks around here open this last weekend but weather is still not cooperating...

Unless you like to ride a SNOWMOBILE.

Then it's been pretty damn nice. I like snow as much as the next normal guy. I've had enough for the season.

I know our love fest seems to distract from the actual subject of the thread but I will address this one last time and I promise that I'll keep on the subject matter of this thread. Anyways the snowmobile is a direct combat to our long grey rainy Winters. I cannot understand why so many more oregonians don't figure this out. Most of them go skiing and stuff like that but to figure out a fun activity to do in the winter time especially one with a lot of horsepower like we like. YR I thought I heard you talk about two strokes and dirt bikes and such? I'm sure you try to snowmobile once or twice? It would be quite easy for anybody to understand how someone could like 160 + warrantied horsepower in a 500 pound machine !? I have a lot of fun on my old YZ250 1 cylinder 2 stroke but give me twin two stroke fuel injected 800 and I'm loving life! can you say wheelie?
Unless you like to ride a SNOWMOBILE.

Then it's been pretty damn nice. I like snow as much as the next normal guy. I've had enough for the season.
I

I know our love fest seems to distract from the actual subject of the thread but I will address this one last time and I promise that I'll keep on the subject matter of this thread. Anyways the snowmobile is a direct combat to our long grey rainy Winters. I cannot understand why so many more oregonians don't figure this out. Most of them go skiing and stuff like that but to figure out a fun activity to do in the winter time especially one with a lot of horsepower like we like. YR I thought I heard you talk about two strokes and dirt bikes and such? I'm sure you try to snowmobile once or twice? It would be quite easy for anybody to understand how someone could like 160 + warrantied horsepower in a 500 pound machine !? I have a lot of fun on my old YZ250 1 cylinder 2 stroke but give me twin two stroke fuel injected 800 and I'm loving life! can you say wheelie?
I

I did the dirt bike thing. Even rode in the snow a few times. Easter Sunday 2006. We went to prison camp to unload and there was 14 inches of snow on the ground and still falling. We rode to Jordan creek and back. Fun ride but I had blue nuts for several days. Damn it was cold.

I almost thought about starting to think about buying a snowmobile in 2004. Then I bought a Maico 500 instead.

Count me in.
Im at a dial index of 12.5 right now...only running 13.8s :wtf:

Weight: unknown
3.91 gear: -0.5
4 Barrel: -0.4
Headers: -0.4
340 Heads: -0.4
Cam: -0.4
0.030 Over: -0.4
3500 stall: -0.7
manual valve body: -0.2

13.8s before the 3500 stall and fresh trans rebuild.

image1.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Count me in.
Im at a dial index of 12.5 right now...only running 13.8s :wtf:

Weight: unknown
3.91 gear: -0.5
4 Barrel: -0.4
Headers: -0.4
340 Heads: -0.4
Cam: -0.4
0.030 Over: -0.4
3500 stall: -0.7
manual valve body: -0.2

13.8s before the 3500 stall and fresh trans rebuild.

View attachment 1715025809
View attachment 1715025810
Well, you've already made improvements with the stall and tranny, so keep a whittling away!
And welcome to the race! you are "in" :welcome:

Last edited:
Tell them you'll make a pass with your Durango in 4WD and lock it in.... :D

Finally, with the snow gone and temperatures climbing in the 50's-60's, and a mere month until the drag way will be open...........
It's time for me to think about sharpening up the low dollar 318
:thumbsup:

-
Back