ATTENTION 318 owners: any interest???

-
And the race is under way, 65Vsignet broke the silence recording our 1st pass :thumbsup:
I hope to record my own in a couple of weeks

12.2.....wow!

Jeff
Yeah, and I like his car. By the way, the penalty box "pinned it" for him dead on, for now. He may push past it if he goes back. I hope I can get the box E.T...... :D

J par, here ya go, man. :) Sorry the links don't work on your phone.
upload_2017-4-7_0-7-21.png

upload_2017-4-7_0-9-44.png

I bolted on a 750 Holley double pumper I've had but never tried. Didn't hook it up yet. No time, schedules, blah blah blah....
Isn't that about right? a 750 dp sitting on top of a 318 ????? Especially with 2.76 gears, stock converter? No headers should help, wouldn't ya say?.....:realcrazy:

Until you put a dual quad tunnel ram on a 318 your not in my league :poke:
Go for it!

I bolted on a 750 Holley double pumper I've had but never tried. Didn't hook it up yet. No time, schedules, blah blah blah....
Isn't that about right? a 750 dp sitting on top of a 318 ????? Especially with 2.76 gears, stock converter? No headers should help, wouldn't ya say?.....:realcrazy:

Until you put a dual quad tunnel ram on a 318 your not in my league :poke:
Go for it!
you could bolt your dual quad on the 318 your building, that way your throttle cable set up wouldn't have to be altered :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the throttle cable was the original /6 one. BUT I am thinking about using the back carburetor to get things going. It would have the choke and cable bracket.

you could bolt your dual quad on the 318 your building, that way your throttle cable set up wouldn't have to be altered :D

I think a 150 shot should do it? Running the manual fuel pump leaves the electric one and it's regulator open for???
be a nice cheap platform for learning about nitrous ?

So this is what I come up with for the duster? 12.9? NO WAY!!
View attachment 1715040505
That is what I'd expect to run if I had your car and set up..... very low 13's or very high 12's..... I think the penalty box has it close. It will take some test-n-tune to get it there. Ya don't know till ya run it.
  • Penalty box nailed the first guy to run to the "T"... he needed 12.2 and ran 12.2 :D

No, I'm saying I "WILL" blowit up trying ! :elmer:
Blow it up?? LOL..... I don't think so. You'll have a shift point where it performs the best, probably around 5500 rpm's. To rev it higher than the "peak power point" will not result in faster E.T.

Blow it up?? LOL..... I don't think so. You'll have a shift point where it performs the best, probably around 5500 rpm's. To rev it higher than the "peak power point" will not result in faster E.T.
Yup....318s don't blow up easy..!
Part of why I love me a 318.

Jeff

Well I held third gear to the Finish Line with my first day 318 one time and that did it in....

I'd just like to mention to folks that the deductions should make sense IF they are fully utilized.
  • Example: I have to deduct .4 for worked 318 heads, but all that I did is home porting. I could install larger valves, and cut them .040 and both of these modifications would show up on the E.T. slip, but I would not have to deduct any more than the .4.

Well I held third gear to the Finish Line with my first day 318 one time and that did it in....
Two things:
  1. your wife driving will be getting it done right...:p
  2. Something must've been close to going anyways, because I know folks that have spun stock crank teeners over 7000 rpm's in bracket cars every weekend for a few years and she held together.

I think it is possible to have bad luck and just over the line on a lot of deductions and not have the full effect of any? Of course this is just for conversation sake ...

I'd just like to mention to folks that the deductions should make sense IF they are fully utilized.
  • Example: I have to deduct .4 for worked 318 heads, but all that I did is home porting. I could install larger valves, and cut them .040 and both of these modifications would show up on the E.T. slip, but I would not have to deduct any more than the .4.

-
Back