Been uncomfortable for lil while....

-

Dodge33

Reaction score
Well, I know I did the right thing today.... after being slightly uncomfortable since
before the Chryslers at Carlisle show, and even a few weeks before then, I had enough,
and told my brother earlier this morning I was heading back up to the house to get cleaned up, and wanted him to drop me off at the trauma/ emergency entrance. So, I get inside, get called back to the ER dept, nurse asked me many questions, took all vitals, put an IV in my
hand, then the Doc came in and talked to me, ordered some tests, blood, urine, EKG, CT scan, etc. to finally get the answer I somewhat needed, I have a smaller gall stone in the gall bladder, but the bigger problem is that I have a 9mm kidney stone in my left kidney. He said you don't want to urinate THIS THING!!!! I am calling the Urologist Center tomorrow morning, to get this taken care of ASAP!! I am thanking God, it was nothing worse! Everyone, take care of yourself! Dodge33 (Jerry)

9 mil, wow that is a big one. Some of the worst pain a man can go through. Had one that had to be taken out but not that big. Good luck with it.

Jerry, hope everything comes out well. Maybe they can crush it into smaller pieces. Enjoyed talking with you at Carlisle. Saying a prayer for you, Joe

I passed a 5mm one. I thought I was dying. 25 minutes to the hospital, another 15 to get a scan and finally Morphine. By now it was 6AM, so I passed out on a gurney til 8. Went for a whiz and plop there it was in the strainer. A couple of months later repeat. This time just 3mm.Same amount of pain,dogone-it. It rattled around in my bladder for several weeks, before getting stuck in my tool. My wife worked it out tho.....
But 9! I dunno that would probly kill me.
All the best to you

I had a kidney stone the docs sonic blasted into tiny tiny sand. It came out no problem there after. But the pain of the procedure was to be honest, brutal.

This is the pain you want to give your enemy.

Doc gave me 750 Vike's which helped but I thought were not enough. Walking helped A LOT! Paced the house like crazy for a couple of days.

To help ease the pain, a teaming hot shower helped in a huge way.

Never had one myself, but from people Ive talked to that passed much smaller ones, you would be as likely to pass a watermelon. Wife had one like that. They tried to do some 'basket' thing. Didn't work. Took it through an incision in her back with no problem.

Good luck... I hope they can get it taken care of with minimal pain for you...

Gall and kidney stone... I guess we can say that you're "stoned".... (A little humor to lighten the mood...)

It's been said that passing a kidney stone is the worse pain a man will ever go through that's similar to a woman giving birth. I had a 5mm one. Didn't know I had it and drove myself to the ER, I do not remember the drive. Worse pain ever. Good luck!!!

Praying that this will be a quick and painless procedure and that you will be back to your old jolly self soon!!

It's been said that passing a kidney stone is the worse pain a man will ever go through that's similar to a woman giving birth. I had a 5mm one. Didn't know I had it and drove myself to the ER, I do not remember the drive. Worse pain ever. Good luck!!!
I had some arrogant snotty female practically spit venom at me saying I deserved it because women give birth and I should be great up and man up.

The two women that were listening in flew to my defense in a huge way berating the other women into not just submission but into a retreat of leaving the doctors office in tears.

Both women said they would rather give birth again (one said to a Rhino) without drugs rather than ever go through kidney stones ever again with laughter of ease of birth over kidney stones.

9mm, just under 3/8"! Yeah, you'd know when that boulder started moving.
Hope they can blast it to dust for you.
Good luck!!!

I had a 9mm kidney stone back in 2013. My urologist busted it with the shock wave thingy, and I passed it in little pieces for a while. I can tolerate a lot of pain, but that thing passing from my kidney to my uritor (sp?) about killed me! Like Rumble Fish said, a good dose of pain meds, and get into a tub of water as hot as you can possibly stand it to make the pain go away. I drink a lot of water with lemon in it now, and my last x ray at the urologist showed I am free of kidney stones. Good luck to you.

I feel for you! I pass one about every two years it seems. Never that big, but big enough to get my attention.
Wow, 9mm! that's a bullet!
Everyone is right, the sonic thing works, it'll bust the stone up into coffee grounds but it's no walk in the park.
Good luck man!

Yikes! Convert it to SAE - .357in sounds smaller than 9mm ;-)

Best wishes in getting this over with in a minimally painful way!

I had a kidney stone the docs sonic blasted into tiny tiny sand. It came out no problem there after. But the pain of the procedure was to be honest, brutal.

This is the pain you want to give your enemy.

Doc gave me 750 Vike's which helped but I thought were not enough. Walking helped A LOT! Paced the house like crazy for a couple of days.

To help ease the pain, a teaming hot shower helped in a huge way.
Paw, a guy I worked with, his family all had kidney stones, several times. Dave had to have several of them blasted. He told me if I ever go thru this to turn the temperature of the water heater up and take as hot of a shower as I can stand. He told me, thru the tears from laughing, about his brother passing out from the pain while trying to pass a stone. When his brother went down he hit his head on the tub, giving himself a concussion. He also took out a freestanding cabinet on the way down...
Good luck Sir...

Docs also gave me an injection of some kind of relaxer. Not muscle kind, but something that worked on the urethra. That was the one thing that worked instantly when it was pushed through the IV. It wasn't a narcotic cause I was given the ok to drive. But whatever it was it worked!!! Saved me a lot of pain.

-
Back