Bit chilly

-
Texas is closed today..everyone is looking for their heavy jacket.
Wife is native Texan, tough as nails eve if she does only weigh 130 soaking wet. She aid she rather be sunburnt like a prune by a lake, chased all day by a horde of mosquitoe (skeeters), bit and stung by red wasps, chiggars, ticks, sand fleas, and have to kill a damn copperhead with a worout flipflop than fight the cold. Windchill this AM was minus 10. BUT, it will be about 65 by Thusday.

It's no where near as bad as it's made up to be. Glaciers melt every few years and then refreeze. It's a cycle that's been going on for centuries, nothing new
You can't even get an A body Mopar on a Mopar a body forum and I'm supposed to take global warming advice from you?...
Anyways back to the subject of it being cold out.
It's about 20° here (and a record 116° the last summer) and we lost power last night at 8:30 and it finally came on just a couple hours ago. Luckily I have a fireplace and got another half cord of wood just last week... And oddly enough I never behind me is on a different electrical grid and shut me a cord this morning so I could make a pot of coffee and plug my refrigerator back in and get our phones charged...
I think a few years back the opposite happened and we had to stretch them out of cord for half a day...

You can't even get an A body Mopar on a Mopar a body forum and I'm supposed to take global warming advice from you?...
Anyways back to the subject of it being cold out.
It's about 20° here (and a record 116° the last summer) and we lost power last night at 8:30 and it finally came on just a couple hours ago. Luckily I have a fireplace and got another half cord of wood just last week... And oddly enough I never behind me is on a different electrical grid and shut me a cord this morning so I could make a pot of coffee and plug my refrigerator back in and get our phones charged...
I think a few years back the opposite happened and we had to stretch them out of cord for half a day...
Ruffing it, wait a minute I'll grab the violin. lol
We were without power for 10 days during ice storm 96.
I think we're global cooling. lol nature at it's finest.

Meh, it gets cold in the winter...sometimes real cold. It gets hot in the summer...sometimes real hot. Been that way for a long time.

Ruffing it, wait a minute I'll grab the violin. lol
We were without power for 10 days during ice storm 96.
I think we're global cooling. lol nature at it's finest.
I'm not even in the ballpark of claiming roughing it! LOL we were just slightly inconvenience for a few hours at the best..
It's just our homes weren't really built for these extremes. 30 years ago if you would have told the AC heat pump man/woman that we needed to keep the house cool on 116° day here in Portland they would have thought you'd lost your marbles...
My biggest concern was just my pipes freezing under the house. They're not protected like yours are..
As far as the other subject let's let dead dogs lie because either you believe it or you don't and I was just saying my opinion on it..

-
Back