Georgia Smooth (white lightning)

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Back in my days growing up in the '80s and '90s the peach flavored Georgia smooth(peach) White Lightning out of Macon Georgia seemed to be some of the best white lightning I ever tried...I started seeing other flavors and never changed from peach till I gave up the spirits in 97'....wish I still had a little for hot Totti

Under the weather? I like to drink teas for this myself.
When I had the COVID, I couldn’t sleep worth a dang. My daughter gave me two bags of the sleepytyme tea and said take to sleeping pills.

And I was then given a mild but authoritative Mike Tyson punch into a 14 hour sleep.

Never had designer flavored hooch. Plain old lightning, burnt on the way down and after a half pint I was drunk for 14 hours. I’ve been blasted on beer countless times, but this is different. Never been drunk like that before.

Kind of like seeing a top fuel car run for the first time ten feet away. A totally different and unexplainable experience.

I like the apple moonshine spirit's myself, just preference since apples are my favorite fruit. 65'

While vacationing in Brasstown NC on the little Hiawassee this summer we collected some black walnuts which are native to the area. A dozed or so cut in half while still green in a quart jar topped up with Everclear. The combination turns black with age.

We cracked this open on Thanksgiving between the four of us. I thought it was smooth an tasty with a little rip but not overwhelming.

ooohhhh bringing back some memories of cherry bounce. both good and bad memories!

If you remember it, then you didn't have enough! :lol:
I used to have to check the morning newspaper to see what kind of trouble I got into the night before...
Everclear and Coke- baaaad news.
(Coca-Cola, that is)

Last edited:
If you remember it, then you didn't have enough! :lol:
I used to have to check the morning newspaper to see what kind of trouble I got into the night before...
Everclear and Coke- baaaad news.
i didn't say i remember it clearly... just that i remembered it.

had a co-worker and all he drank was diesel (budget everclear) and orange faygo. interesting fellow.

Everclear = moonshine. Not sold in Wisconsin, but conveniently sold across the border in Illinois.

My buddy PBR makes the peach all the time, and my brother makes the white, I usually bolster the peach with about 20% white, just to bring up the property values. It’s made for many a great jam session at the work weekends up at Wheatland!

B34DEAB5-B2D3-4A16-8D4F-0462071BC9B2.jpeg

i live 35ish minutes south of rocky mount va, moonshine capital of the world, look it up!! good still run peach or apple brandy is hard to come by now days and is in my opinion the best youll ever get, and dont have apple or peach slices in it! lotta legal shine in abc stores but it ant the same as what the old timers up on the mountain made!! good likker ant sposed to burn,..and is meant to be sipped not drank, cause ya to fall offt the mountain!! but them old mountain men gettin old and die'in off so home cooked likker becoming a lost art! ive dabbled at it on a hobby level and found old cars wild women and drugs are cheaper,...and its illegal!! but if some one wanted to learn......

Home Distiller - Index page

If you want some peach, join the Blackberry Smoke fans page and get ready to hit one of their concerts. PBR goes to every show, and makes a batch for every concert to offer to “friends and family”.
The bunch we run with always brings a variety of different flavors, and there’s always plenty of the white. The stuff my brother makes is so smooth, it’s easy to lose track of just how much sippin’ y’all have done!

After finishing a few jars of the peach, I keep all the peaches and take that jar to wheatland. After the jar is gone, I slice up all the peaches and pass around the plate at the jam circle, and everybody eats a slice and passes it on until they’re gone, usually a couple times a round the circle. About 5 minutes later, the music gets a little….well, spirited!

Good times!

Under the weather? I like to drink teas for this myself.
When I had the COVID, I couldn’t sleep worth a dang. My daughter gave me two bags of the sleepytyme tea and said take to sleeping pills.

And I was then given a mild but authoritative Mike Tyson punch into a 14 hour sleep.
Not a terribly big fan of sweet tea (long Island or other) but there are times I get a migraine and at those times, a sweet tea from macdonalds really hits the spot

My grandfather built a home here in the 30's. Yes it's NJ. Growing up we were known as the Montana Mountain boys.
1702471922950.png

1702471788519.png

Back when I was more involved with the Audiophile insanity, a very close and dear friend of mine (RIP, Mikee) used to hold an annual ribs and bbq event at his home in Chambersburg, PA, and people from all over the States would show-up. One year a couple Boys from the Charlotte area brought some of Popcorn Sutton's last batch of Apple Pie up with them, and even though we sipped it, some of the memories of that evening have mysteriously been deleted from the File Folder in my head!

However, I do remember putting a half-jar in the chest freezer in the garage....as a "test", you understand. Really odd seeing a fluid, and something you can drink, with a 0* temperature.

Good times!

Last edited:
Not a terribly big fan of sweet tea (long Island or other) but there are times I get a migraine and at those times, a sweet tea from macdonalds really hits the spot
I like an alcoholic “Long Island Iced Tea”,

MADE PROPERLY!!!!!

It will contain only alcohol, no mixed, bottled, homemade or actual tea or any sort.

Moscow Mules are good served in a brass mug....

i live 35ish minutes south of rocky mount va, moonshine capital of the world, look it up!! good still run peach or apple brandy is hard to come by now days and is in my opinion the best youll ever get, and dont have apple or peach slices in it! lotta legal shine in abc stores but it ant the same as what the old timers up on the mountain made!! good likker ant sposed to burn,..and is meant to be sipped not drank, cause ya to fall offt the mountain!! but them old mountain men gettin old and die'in off so home cooked likker becoming a lost art! ive dabbled at it on a hobby level and found old cars wild women and drugs are cheaper,...and its illegal!! but if some one wanted to learn......

Home Distiller - Index page
Yep, I drank it. That’s a damn yankee fer ya.

-
Back