Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Wow! You clean up purty good! Clearly you have some kind of color blind issue, as that is in wrong color! Gray for the win!

Gotcha covered

CVG Private reduced.JPG

NEW MEMBER HERE
Welcome, as the title suggests it is guns dogs and blades. Politics is a different thread. We have been very fortunate that we for the most part Dona darn good job of not discussing politics, especially given its ties to the 2A subject. The moderators here are merciless ( but we love them) HAH. One sniff of political posts and the thread gets moved and dumped Into Political forum. Are you a collector, competitive shooter, hunter, reloader or do you just plain enjoy the deeply sarcastic wit and wisdom these guys dish out!

Welcome, as the title suggests it is guns dogs and blades. Politics is a different thread. We have been very fortunate that we for the most part Dona darn good job of not discussing politics, especially given its ties to the 2A subject. The moderators here are merciless ( but we love them) HAH. One sniff of political posts and the thread gets moved and dumped Into Political forum. Are you a collector, competitive shooter, hunter, reloader or do you just plain enjoy the deeply sarcastic wit and wisdom these guys dish out!
I marked that guy as spam and he's gone.

Well dang it, that looks even better! Now you are back in good graces! I watch you guys do battle here at our National battlefield in high summer, dressed out in wool and running, canteens a flopping across the field. You can always tell the new guys they start running too early and poop out. The cagey veterans hold till they must! I would die just running in all that wool in a hundred degrees. When they are in formation or muster I swear I can feel the sweat running down my back and my legs from all the pomp and circumstance memories in Marine Corps.

Well I am about to bounce and head to Little Rock to train a large church safety team. They have two Sunday morning services one early one later. Both are North of 2,000 attendees. We train their safety team. The church is huge and has about a million doors. Very difficult AO for security. Typically in our force on force training I am the bad guy. Given the new shoulder I will be keeping gear squared away and pistols loaded and gassed up. We utilize airsoft as our primary teaching tool. While I may prefer some alternative equipment, none of the schools or churches will tolerate any property damage as a result of training. Thus the more realistic tools are verboten. Airsoft it is.

Well dang it, that looks even better! Now you are back in good graces! I watch you guys do battle here at our National battlefield in high summer, dressed out in wool and running, canteens a flopping across the field. You can always tell the new guys they start running too early and poop out. The cagey veterans hold till they must! I would die just running in all that wool in a hundred degrees. When they are in formation or muster I swear I can feel the sweat running down my back and my legs from all the pomp and circumstance memories in Marine Corps.

Yup... did 150th Gettysburg. Hot as Hades but it was back then as well.

(This was a Culp's Hill evening- night adjunct )

gettysburg-reenactment.jpg

They just look like a lot of work! (Cleaning after using)!
Always clean after using!
I cant help it now. Ingrained in me.
OK I didn't do that when I was kid shooting bolt action .22 LOL
But then I moved onto black powder!
WW2 guns aint much better with all using corrosive at least sometimes, .30 carbine being the exception but also builds up fouling in little parts so worth cleaning.

"Before reporting to company headquarters, I carefully clean my carbine. ‘I want to go up and try to get that sniper,’ I say....There is a rustle. My eyes snap forward. The branches of a bush move. I drop to one knee. We see each other simultaneously. His face is a black as a rotting corpse; and his cold eyes are filled with evil. As he frantically reaches for the safety of his rifle, I fire twice. He crashes backwards....At headquarters I make my report. Then I go to the room that serves as a kitchen, take my carbine apart, and start cleaning it."
Audie Murphy To Hell and Back (Chapter 17)

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I am looking at getting a kel tec sub2000

There are 2 different listings, one with a glock 17 magazine, and one with a glock 19 magazine

Other then capacity is there a difference between the two?

I like the idea of the kel-tech 2000 but I dont see great reviews.
I think a couple of members have got them, I haven't heard anything too bad about them yet (except for the exploding barrels, but there is a recall out on those)

Since we need to see more dogs on here, this is a slice of what passes for normal around my place...

Me: I'll just clean up all these leaves into a nice neat pile.

Dog: Thanks for the brand new place I can flop down into and get filthy!

20231012_160404[1].jpg

Neighbors new pup. They wanted a male but the little only had one male and the breeder kept it. 6 females and one male. She's already had a bladder infection.

20230919_142622.jpg

I like the idea of the kel-tech 2000 but I dont see great reviews.
I have one in 9mm, I love mine, folded it fits in my BOB just fine, their customer service was impeccable when I had to deal with them on a recall. Regularly hit steel at 100 yards, I have rung the bell at 200 a couple times. Easy to take apart and clean. I bought mine NIB for a tad over 300 a few years back, I see they have gone up significantly

Nice

I just dropped the order for the sub2000
After transfer and rebate, it should come in right at $310
I'd say you did good. I think mine was about 340 or so, I'd have to look in my file.

Nice, at least they got the direction of fold right so you can mount an optic an not have to take it off each time. I wish my KelTec folded that way

except for the exploding barrels, but there is a recall out on those)
The place that heat treats their barrels sent them back a ton of bad barrels. Mine was under recall, Kel Tec was great about the whole thing, they paid for shipping and insurance both ways , replaced the barrel, test fired it, cleaned it and sent it back. They even tossed in a free mag for my inconvenience., I talked to a gal down there when I sent mine in, she said they had about 22,000 barrels to change out at that time.

Oh, and get at least one 33 round glock mag (happy stick) for a little added fun, it's nothing to go through a couple hundred rounds just plinking around with it, lol. If you do get the larger mag, do yourself a favor and get one of these(Maglula Uplula), your thumbs will thank you.

Best Pistol Magazine Speed Loaders [Hands-On Tested]

I have had several students run these in carbine class. They can be very quiet! My only gripe, and it is not valid if you are the consumer, is when I walk down the line there is virtually no way for me to verify safety status on or off as I walk by. I have to stop, and shooter has to roll it a bit for me to verify due to the physical location of the safety. Very un handy at first but we got it sorted out. On plus side everyone that has brought one to class has had absolutely zero issues with it other than heat. Glove is good. Keep in mind the complaint is from a instructors point of view and not the shooters. Keep in mind running that class it is nothing for the student to burn 400 rounds by lunch. We get em hot!

-
Back