Heater control pin, ideas?

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
One of my plastic pins in the heater controls is broke, anyone have any ideas where I could find a replacements or a substitute?
Heres a picture

Thanks
Aaron

You can buy a new control unit @ Year One. I did the same thing. I tried to repair it, but in the end I replaced it.

Tom

Most all break the same pin, what I did was got another out of a yard and actually took it apart removed the good pin and then took my control apart. Make sure the doors open freely before hooking up the cables. Lastly, don't push or pull to far and it should function fine.

I also tried fixing the broken pin and yeah It didn't work.

Did you have any luck locating these, or did you replace the control unit? I made some that are very sturdy. I haven't put the car on the road yet, but in assembly and adjusting the cables, they seem to work just fine. I tried to break them on purpose to see how they'd hold up, and I'm pretty sure they're stronger than the original parts. So far, so good. I wouldn't want to try to make them to sell, have to warranty them, etc., but if you still need them I can send you a piece of the material I used. I'm not even sure what the material is - maybe fiberglass.

I drilled 1/8 through the round center part so the posts disappeared. 10-24 tap through the plastic made only 2 threads at best. Long brass screw through it and a drop or 3 of super glue. Screw head cut off, done.
You need to find out what caused it to break in the first place. I suspect a door not moving as it should, this kinks the cable, the plastic breaks as it is the weakest link.

Here are the pics I promised. All of the parts where bought at a local hardware store.
First pic is the materials, if I remember right the bolts are M5 metric bolts, I didn't use all of them that are pictured but bought a selection of different lengths.

The rest of the pics are disassembly/reassembly

Aaron

-
Back