-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparvinny

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a heater delete vent box for a 1970 Dart or Duster. This is the vent box that is installed on the RHS when there is no heater box present. Please PM me if you have one available for sale.

Good luck with that. Those are hard to find and bring 150.00 when you do find one. I took and cut the original heater box just past the original vent door and boxed in the open end to make my own on my 68 Barracuda.

Like said above, good luck with that Vinny! I have been in search of one since I bought my Hemi Dart with no luck. I do know where there is one in your town of Macomb, MI but I haven't been able to get him to sell it to me...

Like said above, good luck with that Vinny! I have been in search of one since I bought my Hemi Dart with no luck. I do know where there is one in your town of Macomb, MI but I haven't been able to get him to sell it to me...
Last one offered to me about 2 years ago was on here and the guy wanted 150.00, which he did sell. Mine was a case of no heater box so I had to come up with a substitution.

Last one offered to me about 2 years ago was on here and the guy wanted 150.00, which he did sell. Mine was a case of no heater box so I had to come up with a substitution.

Thank you for the feedback... I figured it would be tough. The local restoration shop mentioned that I should install a metal plate (with gasket) and be done.

Thank you for the feedback... I figured it would be tough. The local restoration shop mentioned that I should install a metal plate (with gasket) and be done.
find a drivers side air box and modify it a little and use it, the hardest part will be getting it hung because the hanger doesn`t match up right. it will work, got it on mine >------bob

Dumb question perhaps, but why would you want to remove the heater?

Dumb question perhaps, but why would you want to remove the heater?

Originally, the 70 Duster was equipped with an A/C system and I do not want to re-install all the A/C parts back in. I'm told the hole position in the firewall will not accept a heat only heater box, so I want to install the heater delete vent box instead. Worst case block off the hole.

I did not install the heater box back in my 69 Dart and it's nice on warm days to have air blowing into the car. However, on cold mornings/fall days is in Michigan it's a bit cool.

find a drivers side air box and modify it a little and use it, the hardest part will be getting it hung because the hanger doesn`t match up right. it will work, got it on mine >------bob

Yes. That will work and it's not very hard to do. The round cowl opening is the same size. The door just opens up on the kick panel side. So when you open it your hand rubs against the kick panel and it's not very ergo correct (if you are not running a heater you're far past this minor inconvenience)

Last one I bought I paid 500.00 last year. They are not cheap and hard to find. You should make one your self.

Sorry to Hijack, but does anyone have a picture of this heater delete vent box? I have never even seen one.

here you go

IMG_4941.JPG

Vinny I have an extra one that I modified like I mentioned above. I'm not home right now, But I can take a picture of it when I get home so you see how I did mine in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back