How many CURRENT owners of real '74 360 Duster 4 speed cars on here?

-
From what I can remember the fronts never had the shock absorber style until like 1975/76. Of the 10 or so 1974 Dusters/Dart Sports I have had none of them ever had them.

Mine does. I thought they were universal in 1974 until my buddy bought his. Don't know.

All I know for certain is that mine has the shock absorbers on the front. And before you ask, it is an late '73 build (Nov 21). Plant code is "G" (don't know the plant codes). Maybe it is related to the plant.

I found this one and I'm waiting for more info and pics to see how bad it is of a project and if it is something I will not buy I will pass the info on to you guys.

74 Dart Sport 360 HP Console AT, no motor or tranny, has fender tag, pwr disc brakes, maroon on blk and white VIN# LM29L4G149729

Its not a 4spd but its another to keep in a registery if you are keeping up with both of them.

Its perfect for me not being a 4spd since having a stroke and muscle problems so it may be a car I make an offer on.

Will post an update.

Not a Duster but mine is an original 74 Dart Sport 360 4-Speed Car with 360 engine,hood scoop, AC and sunroof with fold down rear seat car- Black stripe, black vinyl top, black interior and Russet paint

Not a Duster but mine is an original 74 Dart Sport 360 4-Speed Car with 360 engine,hood scoop, AC and sunroof with fold down rear seat car- Black stripe, black vinyl top, black interior and Russet paint

Love Dart Sports ! Is the fender tag coded for the hood scoop ?

Very cool. I know there is some debating over if it was available in 74. Does the hood have holes under the scoop ?

The fender tag does not show the J54 Sport Hood Scoop option but it does show up on the Broadcast sheet and the Dealers window suggested retail price label.

Love Dart Sports ! Is the fender tag coded for the hood scoop ?

Just checked the fender tag.....i was wrong, it does show the J54 option....it was on the second tag.

Wish I could be counted it was my second car I was18 only had it a few months then got pulled over in Oregon with out insurance and it was towed was numbers matching and the yard owner still has it as as I know still seen it in the yard last year in seaside tried to buy it back he won't sell but it just sits the *** lol

Wish I could be counted it was my second car I was18 only had it a few months then got pulled over in Oregon with out insurance and it was towed was numbers matching and the yard owner still has it as as I know still seen it in the yard last year in seaside tried to buy it back he won't sell but it just sits the *** lol

do you have a title for it or proof its yours ? Sounds to me like hes refusing to give you your property back which is stealing

Im 29 now it was ten years ago I didn't have the money to pay the impound fee so I lost it I think I still have the title I keep allot of the mopar titles from past cars just for memories

im sure they did its probley in his name already even if not then they would try to charge storage for 10 years lol sucks but o well it happens my fault for not having insurance

All I know for certain is that mine has the shock absorbers on the front. And before you ask, it is an late '73 build (Nov 21). Plant code is "G" (don't know the plant codes).

Mine has a January 1974 build date & has rear shock absorbers & front mounting brackets.
In the past, I owned another 74 Duster that had both front & rear shock absorbers.
-Lou

This is very interesting.
DionR you may be onto something with it being a production plant discrepancy...

My 1974 Plymouth Duster 360 4-speed (a good photo of the fender tag is posted in this very thread) was built on December 7th 1973 ('C07') with the bracket style front bumper attachments. It was built in Hamtramck, MI ('B' code production plant)

My other 1974 Plymouth Duster (VL29C4G) was built on July 15th, 1974 ('715') at the St. Louis, MO production plant ('G' code) also has the bracket style bumper attaching.

1974 Dodge Dart Sport #1 (LL29G4G) was built on December 14th, 1973 in the St. Louis, MO production plant ('G' code). It has the bracket style bumper attachments.

1974 Dodge Dart Sport #2 (I just purchased this past week from a FABO member - LL29C4B) was built on April 10th, 1974 (410) in the Hamtramck, MI production plant ('B' code). It has the bracket style bumper attachments.

I find it extremely odd that I have early 1974 model (late 1973 production date) and late 1974 model (early 1974 production date) cars and they all have the bracket style bumper attachments.
it's very strange that DionR's Duster with a November 21st, 1973 build date from the St. Louis, MO production plant could have the shock absorber bumper attachments and yet my Dart Sport #1 from the same St. Louis, MO production plant built a month later still had the bracket style bumper attachments.
In fact my slant six Duster built 8 months after DionR's Duster was still had the bracket style bumper attachments.

im sure they did its probley in his name already even if not then they would try to charge storage for 10 years lol sucks but o well it happens my fault for not having insurance

I would still see if you can get it back and then if they charge fees try to work out the payment if the car is in good shape you might have a gem on your hands.

I just like to argue my point if someone took something from me and I still have the title and wont give it back and if the guy is an *** I would make him sweat it out a little.

Maybe it could be a rescue fund set up TO SAVE THE DART! <---I approve this messege.

-
Back