how would this hood look best

-

shafer

Reaction score
going to richmond on wednesday to pic up my power bulge hood- 1 problem it has been scooped but is a graet deal since i am trading steelys and hubcaps for it

how whould it look best on my car? inquiring minds want to know
i have ideas but am stumped so give me your imput

A- remove the scoop fix the hole in it and paint the hood sunfire yellow

B- leave it alone and paint sunfire yellow
or

C- paint it black add hood pins and change the top color of my car blacklike the b body six packs
View attachment DSCN0533[1].jpg
this is the hood in question

View attachment DSCF2286.jpg
this is the car it will go on

I vote to leave it alone and paint it to match your car.
If you decide it's gotta be changed, then I'll be happy to give it a good home in SoCal!

Paint the hood the body color and the scoop flat black and add pins. that way you get everything you were considering

soo does the hood look stupid with the bulges and the scoop?

Oh man, I can't tell you just HOW STUPID it looks!!! How can you possibly even think it would look good?
Tell you what, send it to me in SoCal so I can get it far enough away from you.

LOL

Oh man, I can't tell you just HOW STUPID it looks!!! How can you possibly even think it would look good?
Tell you what, send it to me in SoCal so I can get it far enough away from you.

LOL

I hear ya- you do realise i am on the east coast can you imagine the cost to ship it there LOL back at ya

Judging by the rust, the bond to the scoop will more than likely fail.

Patching a hole that large will require some good welding skills and a knowledgeable body man.

Honestly…….. I wouldn't use it at all.

If you do use it I would go black with pins (you will never get the color right going yellow without blending into the fenders.)

I say run it... paint it black to save cash, that way if some of these fellas are correct and the scoop seperates you aren't out a ton of cash... I think it looks pretty sweet. I would run it for sure.

Judging by the rust, the bond to the scoop will more than likely fail.

Patching a hole that large will require some good welding skills and a knowledgeable body man.

Honestly…….. I wouldn't use it at all.

If you do use it I would go black with pins (you will never get the color right going yellow without blending into the fenders.)

even though my y2 yellow is only 2years old. I personally think black is best but i get concerned with how it will look with the inserts placed in the bulges. Do i make any sence?

nothing wrong with black and pins!

Attachments

• 101_4292.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 359
Unless you still have left over paint It will be very hard to match in my opinion.

You have a very long line with the fender and the side of the hood and it is an area that will pull your eye straight to it.

I mean….. Unless the match is dead nuts on, you will see it without a blend into the fenders, cowl and maybe more……..

And I personally think the hood is failing.

Like Joeboy said….. Go black and save the cash.

I hear ya- you do realise i am on the east coast can you imagine the cost to ship it there LOL back at ya

Since I'd be doing you the favor of taking that BIG UGLY THING off your hands, I thought the least you'd do is personally drive it out here the next time you're going to Disneyland.
Good weather out here. Time to get away from all that snow, slush, and cold back east.

In fact, tell you what. You deliver it out here and you can have the stock flat hood off my '69 Dart. How's that strike ya'?

Paint the hood the body color and the scoop flat black and add pins. that way you get everything you were considering

I'm with you J4R3D. Very nice contrast with that combo. Hood pins.

Paint it black, that hood has a lot of rust on the bonding seam so it's never gonna be perfect and I have NEVER seen anybody weld up a hole in a hood and it ever look great! too much of a flat surface you would have so much bondo and time in it you could go buy a good uncut hood!

Word of advice:

DO NOT paint it Flat Black - it will show fingerprints and general oil/dust residue something awful...:angry7:

Instead, go with Semi-Gloss Black, which is much easier to take care of...

Don't ask me how I know....:-D

---

Since I'd be doing you the favor of taking that BIG UGLY THING off your hands, I thought the least you'd do is personally drive it out here the next time you're going to Disneyland.
Good weather out here. Time to get away from all that snow, slush, and cold back east.

In fact, tell you what. You deliver it out here and you can have the stock flat hood off my '69 Dart. How's that strike ya'?

already have a stock flat hood

this is my old dart-
View attachment i7406.jpg

i painted that hood using black base coat clear coat only i did not clear it
i thinned down the paint enough to just leave a sheene on the final coat.
eventually i want to decrome my yellow car and add but stripes to it, and it will be painted this color, so for time being i think i will fix the hood around the scoop and paint it black as desribed and change the vinyl top color and drive the hell out of it, thanks for the imput guys

-
Back