Is this "we can't drive" day??

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
LORDIE I just had some unpleasant experiences for such a nice day.

I fire up the Dart and jump on the freeway, only to be confronted by about 8 cars all doing about 50 for no reason at all. This is a nice, clear dry day, on a 65 MPG freeway through town and lots of people push 70

I do a nice safe lane change from left to right, only to find out that some ricer meathead has come SCREECHING down the on ramp at about twice traffic speed, and for some reason thinks I am the problem

Then I get up to the end of the ramp, where TWO cars in front of me refuse to to a "right turn on red" even though the lane is clear for hundreds of feet. It's a 35.

I go downtown on the 35mph 3rd st, and get tangled up in a bunch of bozos who think they must do 22. Nobody will pass anybody.

Next of course is obligatory, expected, assumed. Someone runs "my" green light at the entrance to the park.

To top things off, coming home on the "I" we have an 18 wheeler on the right, an diesel dually on the left pulling a trailer. He is doing close to the speed limit, but does NOT belong in the left lane and there's about 10 of us behind.

THEN the druggie truck driver on a completely straight stretch of freeway does some unknown wiggle waggle which puts the entire left hand set of trailer duals into the left lane.

So finally the dually passes the truck, and I crank up the Dart and pass them both.

I'm pushin the 65 at about 68-69 on the GPS and I look back and this meathead in the daully is TAILGATING ME!!!!

I came home!!!!

Reminds me of the day last week when I drove through there. I was going to try and contact you but was short on time.

Got a trip to AZ coming up in a couple of weeks. Going I will not have the trailer so it should not be so bad, coming home is a whole different story. Swear that the trailer is a idiot magnet.

Sounds like every day that I drive. People tailgating when you are doing 15 over. Damn right I get road rage when that happens.

Typical.. Follow someone at 20 under the speed limit for a mile, pull out to pass, and they race you.. Finally when you pull in and do 10 over, they're all over your butt.

Or they pull out and pass you, swerve back in front, then hard on the brakes to make their turn

Grant

Oh ya, I could write an essay on stupid drivers out there. At least I know I'm not the problem. Its the worst when you have to pull over they are tailgating you so bad.

I go through these changes every day, they must be coming up from California or down from Washington, kinda makes me want to take on the back roads..

I live in mostly rural country.Back roads,are my salvation from insanity.

We get em in FL as well, I had a 77 D200, 4 door, 8 ft bed with loud exhaust, I painted camo. The thing was, I guess some folks could not see it! People would pull right out in front of, or cut off that tank. I live by a swamp, but don't drive in one. Never could figure that one out.... Took my bike out, (week end before last), did not get 1 mile up the road (not really city traffic) before some azz jack pulled out in front of me (had to swerve around his front clip w/out scraping the car next to me). He was extremely apologetic, once he saw my frantic hand gesture (as well as his course in lip reading). But it was awfully close! Be Careful Everyone.....these Mopar parts (or antique Harley parts) are not cheap. And Neither are Our Lives.......Please Drive and Ride Safe!!!!!!!

so i guess u think because the media and movies show truck drivers in the negative sense all the time that because this driver weaved into the lane next to him he,s on drugs or drunk behind the wheel sorry u had a bad day on the roads today but i drive one of them 18 wheelers and i have 4 wheelers pull stupid stuff on me all the time but i dont say there on drugs because i dont know that for sure he may just be an idiot

so i guess u think because the media and movies show truck drivers in the negative sense all the time that because this driver weaved into the lane next to him he,s on drugs or drunk behind the wheel sorry u had a bad day on the roads today but i drive one of them 18 wheelers and i have 4 wheelers pull stupid stuff on me all the time but i dont say there on drugs because i dont know that for sure he may just be an idiot

It was an expression. And I didn't classify any truck drivers GENERALLY, just THIS one. If I had been passing him at the time, and if I'd been driving something large, things could have been very very different

Getting your God Dammed duals completely across the ajoining traffic lane on a straight stretch of clean dry freeway IS NO SMALL DEAL.

And I don't really give a **** if he was an idiot, on drugs, or drunk. It makes no difference at all.

By the way, typing out a bunch of B.S. with no punctuation doesn't say much for you, either.

Haha yep had those days i feel like an asshole magnent. I was doing 45 in a 40 when a tow truck driver comes flying up weaving in and out of traffic doing every bit of 80-90 in a residential. and passing in a non passing. So he tail gates me i give him a brake check and blocked him from passing me because he is really risking peoples lifes like that. He trys to chace me down. and run me and another truck of the rode. Thanks GOD for gun rights i pulled my gun and he left me alone and i got his plates. The police said unless he hit one or both cars they cant do a thing. I had a guy hit me on my bike in Chicago on purpose without even stirring him up; he screamed i hate you bikers and hit gas and went into us and hit me and two others. If the police would of not been there i would of killed that bastard. I had my hands on him. I wish i lived in the country again.

Every day I drive I run into some knuckle dragger truck driver who decides that he needs to get in the fast lane to pass the other truck driver who's doing 55.00000000 by going 55.000000001 mph and proceeds to take half the ******* century to pass and then another year to get back into the right hand lane. There's a special place in hell for them, I'm sure of it.

Two things I can't stand are:

1- slow drivers that speed up and ride your blind spot (or tailgate) after you pass them.

2- drivers that race to get ahead of you, or pull out in front of you, and then don't drive the speed of the traffic flow.

Instead of red light cameras, I wish they'd invest in training, so officers would warn/cite drivers for these actions. Especially the pull outs, as that can be fatal.

I can't count the number of times I've senn thses things occur in the vicinity of a police car that was also on the road, and NEVER do I see the police appear to be concerned.

Every day I drive I run into some knuckle dragger truck driver who decides that he needs to get in the fast lane to pass the other truck driver who's doing 55.00000000 by going 55.000000001 mph and proceeds to take half the ******* century to pass and then another year to get back into the right hand lane. There's a special place in hell for them, I'm sure of it.
Or better yet, the truck that is doing the passing ends up at 49.9999999999. What do they think, they are the only ones on the road?

How about when you try to merge onto the highway, and someone is in the right lane and you watch for them to pass by while you coast on the on ramp. They keep slowing down thinking you'll pull out in front of them (like you aren't supposed to do) You wait for them to drive by, but they don't. As you start running out of on ramp, they keep slowing down in the right lane. They don't drive by, get into the left lane, or let you on, they just keep slowing down.

It's as if they are yielding for me, when I am waiting to yield onto the highway.
What's worse is when you are behind someone doing 55 and they slow down to allow a car on the highway.

How about when you try to merge onto the highway, and someone is in the right lane and you watch for them to pass by while you coast on the on ramp. They keep slowing down thinking you'll pull out in front of them (like you aren't supposed to do) You wait for them to drive by, but they don't. As you start running out of on ramp, they keep slowing down in the right lane. They don't drive by, get into the left lane, or let you on, they just keep slowing down.

It's as if they are yielding for me, when I am waiting to yield onto the highway.
What's worse is when you are behind someone doing 55 and they slow down to allow a car on the highway.

Back in the time when drivers Ed was taught and people actually knew how to drive, you were instructed to always accelerate into the open spot when changing lanes and adjust your speed with the flow of traffic after the merge. You were instructed NOT to slow down, and thereby force the traffic you were merging with to slow down.
It is always the job of the merging driver to look ahead and adjust his speed to enable his car entry into the open space. Merging in smoothly and allowing the traffic being merged with to maintain a steady speed is as much yielding as slowing or stopping to let them pass. Anytime you disrupt the flow of traffic in a lane, you are increasing the possibility of an accident.

Haha yep had those days i feel like an asshole magnent. I was doing 45 in a 40 when a tow truck driver comes flying up weaving in and out of traffic doing every bit of 80-90 in a residential. and passing in a non passing. So he tail gates me i give him a brake check and blocked him from passing me because he is really risking peoples lifes like that. He trys to chace me down. and run me and another truck of the rode. Thanks GOD for gun rights i pulled my gun and he left me alone and i got his plates. The police said unless he hit one or both cars they cant do a thing. I had a guy hit me on my bike in Chicago on purpose without even stirring him up; he screamed i hate you bikers and hit gas and went into us and hit me and two others. If the police would of not been there i would of killed that bastard. I had my hands on him. I wish i lived in the country again.
Gun rights?? You do realize that brandishing a fire arm is a felony in most states? Not to long ago I had a buddy lose his gun rights for a while because of the same thing. Another friend was charged with aggravated assault because he removed his carry weapon and laid it on the table before, ummmm, educating the fellow that assaulted his daughter.

No, what's worse is when you are minding your own business in the left lane doing 70, and the guy in the right lane doing 55 pulls right in front of you to let the guy on the ramp come on the freeway, and HE is doing 35, with no thought of "I might want to speed up."

you were instructed to always accelerate into the open spot when changing lanes and adjust your speed with the flow of traffic after the merge. You were instructed NOT to slow down, and thereby force the traffic you were merging with to slow down.

Sometimes the right lane is so crowded, effed up and "tailgaty" that you HAVE to slow down to find a clear spot to get IN to

I well remember the ramps onto the Bay Bridge in San Francisco/ Oakland from Treasure Island (Yerba Buena). They had timed lights that "spaced" entering vehicles, and you were expected to make a suicide launch down the ramp. Because of the concrete walls, you could not see squat.

They used to post a Marine out there in the afternoon when classes got out to direct traffic. He'd be looking back down the freeway, then frantically wave you down the ramp

The guy who would later be the first owner of my 440 sixpack car, then had a 65 Chevelle with a 67 350, 350hp cam. "We" taught him a little and "tuned it up". It ran pretty damn good. He broke a 4 speed, two 10 bolts, and a couple of clutches before he "went Road Runner." He used to LOVE those drag race on ramps.

In this part of the country, there are many people who THINK it is the job "of the freeway" to get out of their way when on the ramp. If you have a car ahead of you on the ramp, always leave as much acceleration space as possible, because you can BET they will be doing 45 at the end of the ramp!!!

Sometimes the right lane is so crowded, effed up and "tailgaty" that you HAVE to slow down to find a clear spot to get IN to

I well remember the ramps onto the Bay Bridge in San Francisco/ Oakland from Treasure Island (Yerba Buena). They had timed lights that "spaced" entering vehicles, and you were expected to make a suicide launch down the ramp. Because of the concrete walls, you could not see squat.

They used to post a Marine out there in the afternoon when classes got out to direct traffic. He'd be looking back down the freeway, then frantically wave you down the ramp

The guy who would later be the first owner of my 440 sixpack car, then had a 65 Chevelle with a 67 350, 350hp cam. "We" taught him a little and "tuned it up". It ran pretty damn good. He broke a 4 speed, two 10 bolts, and a couple of clutches before he "went Road Runner." He used to LOVE those drag race on ramps.

In this part of the country, there are many people who THINK it is the job "of the freeway" to get out of their way when on the ramp. If you have a car ahead of you on the ramp, always leave as much acceleration space as possible, because you can BET they will be doing 45 at the end of the ramp!!!

Ah yes, I remember them well.
Actually, all the "freeways" around the whole Bay Area seem to be littered with too short, blind on ramps, the 10 in LA too. Ramps like these coupled with the prevailing driver mind think (not necessarily unfounded) that if you leave enough space for a car in front of you, somebody will jump in and plug it can certainly add in a little excitement to the morning commute.

Utube must watch from 1965: Goofy - Freewaytopia
Be sure to watch both parts.

One of the favorites here is a crapload of people in the right hand lane and nobody will move over to let you pull out.
I used to wait, and wait, but now I just pull out and make move or slow down. (Whichever) F em.
Another one they pull here is we have a fair stretch of 45 speed limit that all these people like to cheat as much as they can on the speed limit and looking around to make sure there aren't any cops so they can do 55 and pass like they are getting away with something.
When they start pulling that **** I just kick it up to about 80 and show them I can cheat WAY better than they are willing to.
Usually it's a bunch of women on thier damn cellphones having a get in front competition.
The look on thier faces when I blow through them at 80 cracks me up.

Before I left AZ they put lights on alot of the on ramps. Was always fun when I had my GSXR1000, even the chopper with its 18" exhaust system. Need to get another air compressor for my truck, I do miss alerting others with the air horn. I have seen 2 cell phones come out of the window and one lady wearing her cup of coffee. She was screaming and cursing at me, me laughing at her probably did not help....

-
Back