Miss Maylene

-
I did a big bolt pattrler swap on mine the cheap way, used 78 f body spindles, and 73 upper control armsand calipers/rotors. Works great and did it all under 300 bucks. The rear in my car is a 8.25, the gears I got are 3.55s used for 50 bucks. They are in great shape but now I got 4.10 new from a guy for 80 bucks. After I swap my gears you can have the 3.55s if you want them. I have no use for them now. That is, if you're brave enough to run used gears! Lol. But seriously they are fine ill mark the pattern so you can set them up the same. But they're yours if you want them, just come get them.

Oh I'm not to scared to run them, I might have to take you up on that bud!

Thanks!

Hey folks, still alive over here haha

Just been working, looking for parts, you know living the life! My boss gave me some more hours so I've got some extra change in my pocket. I recently bought a blue tooth speaker so I can have some cheap tunes in the dart. I've talked with a local exhaust shop about getting the dart done but it'll have to wait till the ice and snow goes. I had a couple of decent days so I checked out the running issue. I think I've narrowed it down to the carb tuning being way off. Be then it drop down to the teens again so I haven't been back out yet. I found a complete 8.25 pretty close for a good price, so I'm thinking about grabbing it on my day off. Then I will have to find some discs to swap over and see about getting the bolt pattern drilled. Good times here in the frozen tundra!

Have a good one folks!

Tune with a vacuum gauge is simple. Plug it up to a constant (non ported )vacuum source at idle,and tune one mix screw at a time for max vacuum.That's it.

And a timing light. Make sure your timing is on,and your mechanical and vacuum advance mechanism's are not stuck or leaky vacuum pod on the vac advance..I'm also assuming your plugs etc are new?

So pretty sure I'm grabbing that rear in the morning. The guy also has a 75 duster with a 440, it would run he said..... For $1600 obo....I kinda want it in a bad way haha.

Well the guy sold the rear end despite tell me it was mine. Oh well I guess that is the way things go. Back to craigslist!

Sorry to hear that. Have the same problem with sellers here. Sure the first to pay gets it,but whatever happened to manners? Despiration,a sign of the times...

I figure his karma will come to him. Nothing to fret over, the car will run with the current rear, I would just prefer to change it.

Got a few free minutes so I went out, check how the current tuning screws where set. They didn't seem even close to right to me so set them back to the factory settings. Then checked all the fluids, all where full! No leak over winter which is good. Sides the radiator fluid it was low but that will be fixed here soon. So I went to crank it over but didn't get it to fire before I had to head up to the house. I'm think I need some fresh gas in it as well. I also found an exhaust shop down the street from where I work so she will be up and going soon!

She's alive!!!!

Sorta..... Spent a few hours and got it so she will start and run. I got her move under her own power but died once I got into the drive way...so more work to come!

Here's just a couple pics.

Well I figured it out and she's purring like a loud and angry kitten. Can you guess what was wrong?...... Vacuum leak! The port to the distributor was completely open and the line to the brake booster was torn. So fix those two, tune the idle screw and the fuel mixture a bit and boom runs like new. Now replace the radiator and fixens for that system, should be done by Wednesday then gotta make an apointment for the exhaust and she'll be good to go!

Excellent!! Those little diaphragm pods on the side of the dist can be a hard to find vacuum leak as well. Well done.

Progress!

Had a free hour so I got started on removing the radiator.
The patient and her new bits

Draining...looks pretty decent

Top hose off and looks like nasty

And undoing the trans cooler lines I took most the skin off my finger...some choice words were said

Plus dropped my wrench into the antifreeze

A terrible self shot.... Why not?

Old radiator is rotten! Or close to it..

Fluid looks aweful

So much room for activities!

And first belt off

Then ran into this muther... Will not budge at all. Any ideas?

So I figured it was a good stopping point since I was starting to sprinkle and it was time for dinner.

But I took a few more photos
The last time the car was on the road was 2002 and shes from Missouri originally

I'm technically the second owner, the guy I bought it from had bought it from the originally owners but he never titled it and it sat since 02 basically according to him.

Some original stickers in the engine bay

And then the fender tag, if anyone can read it and tell me some of the things I would appricate it but it's kinda hard to read.

I will have some more pics tomorrow!

Did that! Here's what I got.

VSX EN1
L25 L31 M21 M43 M8?
V1X U G11 G33 H51 U2
EW1 F3X9 TX9 201 19702
E44 D34 W23 628 ????

Anyone make sense if it?

-
Back