Motorcycles

-
Hey Doug.... I do 90% of my riding solo. I have road down to the beach and back which is 500 miles just for the heck of it. But sometimes on the weekends my friends want to go on a ride with me. I hate to say it but they stop to much. They fuel up and I still have a half a tank left... I have to sit and wait. It seems like we are moving in slow motion. When they go their separate ways it is like a different world of riding when I'm by myself. My good friend however is wanting to get a 2011 Vulcan Vaquero. He sat on one today and is REALLY wanting it. Maybe if he gets that rather than the Suzuki Intruder he has he can hang with me.

Here is a picture of my 08 Buell Ulysses XBX-12

copyof1000793.jpg

Still at the fab shop. I borrowed an idea from a member here about moving the brake pedal over. Jim liked the basic idea but not how it was executed. So he re-engineered it a bit. Still has to tweak the go pedal, when the car was cut up to put the 4l80e in it the pedal ened up butted right against the new tunnel. A few other things to do, then back to the painters place for a few more hours of tweaking and hopefully to the booth.

Glade to hear it's moving along, caint wait for some new pics.

The trike thing isn't that hard there are tons of kits out there now or just build one of your own it's not to hard.

We should just start our own club the FABO cruises.

We should just start our own club the FABO cruises.

For Motorcycles Only? :D

Doug, I'm working on a little project for the bike right now. It should be done tomorrow and I'll post a couple pics for ya. I think you'll like it. 8-)

Did someone say motorcycles.... Here's a pic of my current ride. It's actually my daily driver because I sold my truck due to gas prices. I've had a few fast bikes but this beast tries to dislocate my shoulders... Lol

2011-04-28_11-18-41_869.jpg

Love the Duck LooseNutz, i've always been a huge fan of the tripple9's wish I could afford one.

I'm with the rest of you, I don't generally ride in a group more of a solo act. The vast majority of the people i've met that ride rockets are blithering idiots. Passing in a 2 lane in between on coming traffic on a road barely wide enough for 2 cars let alone 2 cars and a bike sandwiched in the middle.

I live in WA and ride year around, not sure whether its because I like people looking at me like i should be in an asylum or because of my love of riding, more than likely a combination of both. Rain, sleet, snow, sub-freezing, I don't care. My favorite part is just me, wind noise, and the power to weight ratio of a 1.5mil Ferrari. The scream of my bike at 10k rpm coming out my Akrapovic titanium exhaust drowning out every POS ricer's car on the road, and the fact that it's the only vehicle iv'e ever owned that I can ride without morons on the road constantly trying to mess with me, even ricers don't want any and i'd swear they'd try and race grandma in a Pinto.

My bike was a 74 Honda 350-4, little brother to the classic 750. Amazingly smooth engine, big seat, upright riding, 70 mpg. The later Ninja style bikes never looked comfortable to me. Honda upped that series to a neat 6 cyl, which is a collector bike today. Can't say I enjoyed commuting by motorcycle. Florida rain and a 55 mph crash took the fun away. Much happier when I got my used 69 Dart.

The hot road bikes then were the 2-strokes. The Yamaha 350 had all the top end anyone needed. You risked your life on the Kawasaki 750 3-cyl. They idled like crap and the ring-ding sound was an aquired taste, plus short engine life. EPA regs forced them out ~1975. My favorite from the '70's was the Kawasaki 2 cyl (450 cc?) for the amazingly low price of $995. It was marketed big on TV during the 2nd gas crisis (Iranian revolution). My youngest brother had one.

Ever think about a quad ??

'bout 160 hp...............

/

That's pretty neat quad.

I wonder what happens if it rains. There has to be four rooster tails coming off those tire. :eek:ops:

For Motorcycles Only? :D

Doug, I'm working on a little project for the bike right now. It should be done tomorrow and I'll post a couple pics for ya. I think you'll like it. 8-)

:clock:

Did someone say motorcycles.... Here's a pic of my current ride. It's actually my daily driver because I sold my truck due to gas prices. I've had a few fast bikes but this beast tries to dislocate my shoulders... Lol

That's a very nice motorcycle.

I'm with the rest of you, I don't generally ride in a group more of a solo act. The vast majority of the people i've met that ride rockets are blithering idiots. Passing in a 2 lane in between on coming traffic on a road barely wide enough for 2 cars let alone 2 cars and a bike sandwiched in the middle.

I never tried that kind of stunts when I had my ZX-10R even though I thought about it. Trying to get home to use the bathroom is a great motivator! LOL

rode it to work today

Attachments

• 2011-05-24_09.21.48.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 2011-05-24_09.22.01.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 97
Love the Duck LooseNutz, i've always been a huge fan of the tripple9's wish I could afford one.

I never thought I would be able to afford one either but my boss is getting out of motorcyle riding and gave it to me for the price of a well used CBR. :wink:

I never thought I would be able to afford one either but my boss is getting out of motorcyle riding and gave it to me for the price of a well used CBR. :wink:

JEALOUS!!!
Keep her shinny side up, they're expensive as hell to fix lol. Love the black!

Thanks. The cool part is I could sell the exhaust for the price I paid for the whole bike. It's pretty much paying for itself just in gas savings. I was planning on buying a supermotard when he offered it to me. Didn't take long to say yes.

Doug and Ax,

Thought you guys might dig this. It's a centerstand stop I made with some nickle plated .45 Colt brass I had laying around. The thought just kind of hit me while I was fabbing it up. I'll get a better pic once it's installed and the paint is dry.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 89
Thanks Leanna. My paint work sucks, lol. I'll be sending you this part this winter along with some other stuff. :)

Now that's unique!

Just wanted to do a little something to make it mine is all. I'm not trying to make a theme bike or anything. :D It'll look better once it's on the bike as the nickle plate will go good with all the chrome.

Powder coat it black??

Black or maybe a dark gunmetal blue but leave the nickle plate untouched. I know Leanna can do it.

Uh oh, lookee what I just found for the KZ.....

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 May. 26 05.39.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ScreenHunter_02 May. 26 05.40.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 85
Joe you making me fill guilty about not working on my 96 ZX! LOL

Im thinking about making it a track bike (another hobby) but I'm to busy to think about it to much right now. It would be fun to get out on a track and learn how to race a little. I'm to old to make it big but still it would be fun. lol

OK, got it installed. You guys can see it right under the left rear footpeg.

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 65
-
Back