My new small block stroker crank .

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My son bought it for my motor. New aluminum Rods and 13-1 Ross pistons on there way

20211006_180709.jpg

20211006_180723.jpg

That's a pretty light lookin crank. It should fling up pretty good.

Wow! I don’t think we’re looking at an Ohio Crankshaft here… Is that a Winberg?

IIRC, Crower offers lightened cranks for our SBM.
Yea! I’d like to know who’s crank that is and what they call it.

Is this one also four inch stroke?
Yes, stroke will be the same 4 inch but the bore will be 4.080 instead of 4.070 due to piston change. He wants to keep the bore and stroke as square as possible. We're going to spin this thing high. The highest on the recall before was 9300 . The best times were shifted at 8000.

Okay so… where’d ya get it and how much was it?
He ordered the crank from a vender he and HTA uses all the time for big builds. I know this one was around $2500. But he got a deal thrown in with multiple crank orders for other customer engines.

The aluminum rods were $1600+ the pistons 13.5 were $1200 plus. I paid that bill. The cost to upgrade the INDY 360-1 heads is through the roof. He is welding up 2 1/8 stainless headers for it . They were 2 inch before. .
Would have been a lot cheaper to build a BB chevy or a LS. Tons of parts here for them.

I can't wait to here this little elephant tamer rev in gear

Last edited:
He ordered the crank from a vender he and HTA uses all the time for big builds. I know this one was around $2500. But he got a deal thrown in with multiple crank orders for other customer engines.

The aluminum rods were $1600+ the pistons 13.5 were $1200 plus. I paid that bill. The cost to upgrade the INDY 360-1 heads is through the roof. He is welding up 2 1/8 stainless headers for it . They were 2 inch before. .
Would have been a lot cheaper to build a BB chevy or a LS. Tons of parts here for them.

I can't wait to here this little elephant tamer rev in gear
BBC/LS are boring. Glad to see a higher end Mopar build!
That’s a nice crank, I don’t think anyone would be unhappy with it. :)
What’s your secret for the top end? Ti hardware throughout?

Yes, stroke will be the same 4 inch but the bore will be 4.080 instead of 4.070 due to piston change. He wants to keep the bore and stroke as square as possible. We're going to spin this thing high. The highest on the recall before was 9300 . The best times were shifted at 8000.
Who’s crank? Crower crank?

BBC/LS are boring. Glad to see a higher end Mopar build!
That’s a nice crank, I don’t think anyone would be unhappy with it. :)
What’s your secret for the top end? Ti hardware throughout?
I know he ordered larger Diameter smaller stem Sodium filled valves. Different seats and guides. Conical springs and small Dia lightweight retainers. Offset roller lifters to run a larger diameter push rod. We have T&D rockers he will reuse.

Thinking of using the new Holley Sniper stealth 4500 . But may go with multiport?depending on electronics. He is building the car to switch it to a procharged mega block in the future. The electronics he installs must support both.

-
Back