Need truck advice

-
He corrected himself on the volare super coupe. Its a 78 with 340, 727 trans. I will get a look tomorrow and take a few pics
Rod

Transferred the title tonight on the truck. I will be picking it up around 10:30 tomorrow morning. Hoping that when they load it onto the rollback the brakes brake loose as he saying they are rusted tight to either or both rotors and drums. Here is the original window sticker.
IMAG1138.jpg
IMAG1140.jpg

Im excited to get it home. Now I will need to find work time, of course this sets the Dart back a few weeks!
Rod

Hoping it does a good job towing. Excited about cleaning it and finding its problem. Will be looking for experiences with trouble shooting as I go. Rod

Hoping it does a good job towing. Excited about cleaning it and finding its problem. Will be looking for experiences with trouble shooting as I go. Rod
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
No help here on anything in this discussion: but I gotta add this. girl across the street bought a new ,long house trailer. the people who brought it in had a remote controlled dozer looking (tracks) thing that they used to move it into place. it`s fairly wet here from the last rain. they had to cross a drainage ditch in front of her lot. of course the trailer started sinking in the yard. They pulled out some steel tracks to keep working under the wheels as they went. at one point the track tower thing got to spinning in the opposite ditch across the street. they called the boss w/ a 4 wheel drive 1 ton ford dually to come and hook up to the end of the trailor that was up in the yard. that ford couldn`t hardly spin the wheels! right rear duals, and the left front, totally worthless in mud, ( just like the 76 4 wheel drive ford I had) and it had great trouble doing that. was totally useless in that sense. this was a fairly new diesel truck too! looked brand new , was the lowest powered diesel I `ve ever seen, I couldn`t believe I wouldn`t spin the wheels in a muddy yard. ' THOT IT WAS INTERESTING"

I think you got a good buy, the body looks good for around here.
Fix and repair as you go, that motor will pull fine, just a little slow on hills.

Also on the shutting down issue, I had a Jeep of about that same vintage, and the oil pressure sending unit was defective and it would shut the motor down, I also had a Dakota that the temp sensor switch went bad and would shut everything down, cheap
$15 dollar fix from napa on both vehicles.
Pay attention to the gauges when you fire it up. If the oil pressure is low or temp reading high, change the sensor.

Last Saturday we picked up the truck. I started a new thread to follow the "getting it on the road". Its going to be a month or 2 until its actually ready as time is limited. Heres the address for the new thread with updates.
98 Dodge Ram question(s)

Thanks for everyones help and advice and I hope there is more advice going forward.
Rod

-
Back