New member formula S 1966

-
Motor likes great!!! but WOW!!! The air cleaner, rear window chrome and bumper cleaned up extremely well!!! May ask what did you use to bring back its ole' luster?!!

BTW...your hub caps center cap logo is 'one year only' for 1966.
Well truthfully, I took my driveway cleaner, same as simple green diluted soaked the entire car let it set for 15 minutes. Used a hot soaked cotton towel and scrubbed with very little effort. The old grim slid off the pain. I was amazed when wiping it down. Looked like the old wax commercial this now that side. Work extremely well for this projects old paint. I did no chrome polish yet that is the chrome after a bath.

Are you having snow today. 63 here in Carolina, cold weather coming in the next few days though

Does get chilly for sure. I have had to go out on long island many times to a direct buy wholesale club I worked for in the past. The only thing I miss would be the grinders. Great sandwich shops for sure

Can't say I've ever seen one with that combination!

Your comment on the internet reminds me of when my very best friend in the world first got internet at home. After about a week on the internet non stop he says..."I think I came to the end of the internet"!! He's one of those guys that just soaks in knowledge.

Yes. I think I made a U turn at the end and continued the search in reverse.......that's it I made up my mind.......ANYONE WHO CAN SAY I AM WRONG THEN PLEASE SHOW ME....I have one of one until I am challenged and please take this challenge prove me wrong. Must be a 4 speed with disc breaks, Air condition with console and lighter must be factory ordered and missing the windshield washer bucket hahahahaha..........and must not run at present

A friend of mine has a 4 speed 66 Formula S with A/C sitting in his shop waiting to never be redone!! He is in his 70's and has waaaay to many projects to finish in this lifetime!!!
I have searched just about the entire internet,
I cannot find a 1966 formula S 4 speed with A/C ?

AC was not too common in '66, especially in compact cars, so I'm sure not too many Formula S cars had AC.

I am finding that out didn't think it would be such a challenge. Take a picture if you have time of your friends car, that would be the 3rd one

I was at an estate auction about 10 years ago bidding on a 1966 Valiant wagon with 273 4 speed and factory air that did not run but 32000 miles. I was out bid and did not want to spend above my limit. I later found out there were only 3 or so of those made and then saw the wagon on E Bay a couple of times. Maybe someone here has it now?

Prior to finding this car, I had bid on an estate auction in Florida grays auction. They had a 15% commission on any sales, it was for an all original 1968 super bee 383 4speed 32,000 miles garaged kept literally looked as the day it was manufactured. I bid up to 27,000 and was out bid. It was red with white interior all owners information included.

Just an update,
Contacted the dealership who had sold the car in 1966 they are a different company now but,
The owner of that dealership is still there and I will be speaking to him later in the day.
Hoping he could shed some information or maybe have archived some paperwork from the original owner......Stay tuned.

Sounds great. Hope you are able to find more history.

I thought someone reported that was closed. Hope I'm wrong, would like to find more information about mine

I thought someone reported that was closed. Hope I'm wrong, would like to find more information about mine
Ok here's the scoop........
The owner son is who I spoke to, his dad was the dealership owner who had passed away in 1988.
7 years ago thanks to good ole Obama, the dealership was on the cut list and the doors were closed the son had to clear everything out the sad part about th conversation was when he told me he did save all the sales records until then and everything was sent to shredder............the son owns a used car business now and was happy to share and think about hod Dad who was 6' 4 and blind.
Who ran the buisness that way. He Did not recall the car as he was only 15 years old then......
He requested a few pictures to see if it might jar his memory. And I will forward them and wait his response.

I went through Chrysler Historical about 3 years ago. Cost was $45.00 and took about 4 weeks IIRC.

They sent three items.

1. Nice letter stating they apologize for the bad quality of the copy of the build card.
2. Copy of the build card. Looks like the old IBM punch cards.
3. A page that shows the dealership and date delivered, and a breakdown of options. For example, mine shows it was an A/C car, tinted windows, disc brakes, optional retractable seat belts, paint and interior colors, gear ratio, etc.

Pretty cool for the price!!

I checked and the Chrysler historical site was closed for a time updating some things, but started taking requests January 1st.

Ahhhhhhhhhh IT LIVESSSSSS GILLS STARTED FLAPPING TOOK A DEEP BREATH AND BOOM FIRED OFF ON THE FIRST TURN and I can't believe how beautiful it ran! Now that I know it runs the checks are going out..... amazing not even a tick smoothhhhhhhhhh ran it for a brief 3 1/2 minutes on a can of gas..... amazing

-
Back