-NOVA- the real 4 letter word

-
That gives me an idea. Next time I see someone with a Nova, I'll have to comment. "Nice Duster" and see what they do. Serious though. If you want people to stop calling your car a Nova, you'll have to get rid of it. Get a Road Runner. That way they can call it GTO.

HEMI/? AROUND HERE THEY RE CALLED HILLTOP HEMIS! I
I WAS RAISED TO BE POLITE, RESPECT YOUR ELDERS (NOW I ARE ONE!) lol, AND BE KIND TO LITTLE CHILDREN AND DOGS.... NO USE GETTIN BENT OUT OF SHAPE, IF THE GUY WAS DISAPPOINTED IT WASN'T A G M PRODUCT!! AT LEAST NOW DAYS DRIVING AN OLD CAR CAN BE CONSDERED COOL. YEARS AGO IT WAS SIOGN OF BEING A BOTTOM FEEDER, POOR A--, MENTALLY NOT QUITE ALL THERE, ETC !lol
32 MI TRIP TO WORK, ABOUT 20 MILES IS DOWN OLD ROUTE 66. YA NEVER KNOW WHEN YA RUN INTO A FOREIGNER CRUISING IT. THEY CAN GET REAL EXCITED ABOUT THE OLD ONES!!! THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM THAN MOST OF US!! THOUGHT ABOUT CARRING SOME REAL MISSOURI ROCKS TO GIVE THEM AS SOUVENIERS????

I like Novas. I like Dusters. I like Mustangs too.
I prefer Mopars not because they are better than anything, but i just happen to like the styling and that's all i know is Mopar stuff.
Maybe someone should build a Nova with a Duster front clip, Dodge rear diff, Mustang tail lights and put in a 302 Ford engine in it, AMC interior, and cover all of the bases.
Then when someone asks about if it's a Ford, Chevy, AMC, Dodge, or Plymouth, you can say kinda..... and everyone will be right always.
Then everyone will live happily ever after.
The End.

I always kinda wanted to do a Buick Apollo build with a stone stock 430 and 4 speed.

That gives me an idea. Next time I see someone with a Nova, I'll have to comment. "Nice Duster" and see what they do. Serious though. If you want people to stop calling your car a Nova, you'll have to get rid of it. Get a Road Runner. That way they can call it GTO.

Lol, The sad fact is, you're probably right!

Here is my old Nova....At least that is what everybody else thought, unless they thought it was a Fairlane, or a Canadian Dart!
It is a standing joke at our track...."Hey, nice Nova"

Attachments

• SCR 2014 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 345
u think that's bad try driving a 340 and have every dumbass kid come up to say wow man is that a 350? like are u kidding me

I always get the same question when I take an old rusted to the scrap yard..."what year Chevelle is that?" I've taken a few 64-66 Cuda bodies there only to be asked the Nova question, but I think they believe its an early Nova fastback, and after seeing a pic of one, I can't blame them! Undressed, they look about the same! I would not be junking a body of one of those early Nova fastbacks though, they're pretty rare!!

Sorry guys, but I can certainly see, especially to a younger person NOT familiar with Dusters and Novas, now you could easily mistake one for the other.

Must be a real beauach to be a Ponch Ventura or whatever the Olds was called owner, and have to fight all the "nice Nova" comments, LOL

1971-pontiac-ventura-pic-44358.jpeg

Buick Apollo......
14769-00025964i.jpg

none eh?
Dusters20.jpg

nothing like a Duster! No resembalence...
Plymouth_Duster_EEK_rear.jpg

My 69 dart has no badges or emblems on it and on more than one occasion I have been asked what year road runner it is.

Most people don't remember how big older cars were

I would have a 68-71 Nova in a heart beat they are one of my favorite cars in my area you just don't see very many of them.

LOL I had forgotten about the Apollo. Olds Omega was "the other one." Whut? No Cadillac? LOL

I guess there is only so much you can do with a popular body style. This one goes to Mopar...

L-Plymouth-Road-Runner-22.jpg
Ford-Gran-Turino_i01.jpg

i think I just love the duster too much to accept that novas are indeed similar. lol

It doesn't bother me at all, I think it's funny. I've even had it called a Mustang...heck the kid was trying to compliment me, so who cares?

MY DUSTER IS NOT! AND I REPEAT... N O T a freaking NOVA. If one more kid at a gas station asks me....I don't know what I will do.

I have a Dart Sport and I hear it all of the time as well.

With that said, I would love to own a 70 Nova SS, 396 4 speed.

I kinda want to 'clip a Duster with a Nova front end now, just for the trolling.

With that said, I would love to own a 70 Nova SS, 396 4 speed.

I had a 69 SS 396 auto Nova back in the early '80s. It was one bad *** car until I blew up the motor. Was going to rebuild it but ended up moving and couldn't take her with me. Back then it seems like all my buddies had Dusters and they were always telling me I need to get with the program and get a Mopar. My response was "I can't afford a Mopar cause even back then parts where $$. Well 28 years later I finally got with the program and couldn't be happier, A little lighter in the wallet but happier......

ummm yea i cant say much. lol i own both a 68 dart and a 69 nova. with them sittin side by side there is a huge diff. but i like them both

My Buddy has a 70 Nove SS 396 Clone. 4 spd bench seat, radio delete. The car is a phucking menace out on the street. Only issue is trying to get enough tire under the car to get it to hook.

If this really bothers anyone, you could
A. Get a window decal.
B. Get a license plate for the front.
I KNOW people will still ask dumb questions, but it would weed them out.
I'm not bothered and only have one badging on my car.
The Dodge on the parrot nose trim.

Attachments

• widow decal.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 227
  • decal.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 205
  • decal1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 258
  • decal2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 225
As stated earlier, the first pic is a 73-74 with a 68-72 front end.

IMO, the 70 Duster did look an awful lot like the 68-72 nova, but...

All novas are sedans with pillars.

Dusters had record setting curvature to their side glass and were hardtops.

I also think the 73-76 Duster looks a LOT better as a re-skin of the 70-72 than the 73-74 nova does versus the 68-72.

I've had several people call my plain white with no stripe 73 Satellite a "Starsky and Hutch" car.

Torino is square and sharp, Sat is curvy and smooth, yet both have the same vibe.

-
Back