Philly cheesesteak anyone

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe | InesKohl Kitchen

EF87AF25-9BC0-474A-9175-F4DB68DEB493.png

Secret is in the roll from the Consohocken Italian bakery...this is why if you have a cheesteak anywhere but in the Philly area it isn't the same. :)

When my ex-wife made spaghetti the first time she dumped in two bottles of Ragu, two pounds of uncooked ground meat, and and onion in the pot. That was her secret recipe. I can’t believe I lived the 13 years we were together.

Its difficult to find one that can cook and this was 30 years ago when i was younger. My ex couldn't cook at all the one I have now is good at all the home maker stuff. I offer to cook but she says "no" most of the time LOL!

Secret is in the roll from the Consohocken Italian bakery...this is why if you have a cheesteak anywhere but in the Philly area it isn't the same. :)
Down here (Florida) they use some crappy second rate provolone rubber cheese w/white limp onion and call it authentic! Bread is t to good down here ether. Then the guy argues with me that he has lived in Philly. That was the one and only time I bought it.

This makes me want to take a 14 hour drive!

When my ex-wife made spaghetti the first time she dumped in two bottles of Ragu, two pounds of uncooked ground meat, and and onion in the pot. That was her secret recipe. I can’t believe I lived the 13 years we were together.
:rofl:I use a pound of burger and a jar of sauce but I brown the burger with plenty of diced onions and garlic and usually ad mushrooms to the sauce.

LOL…maybe that was the point…you weren’t supposed to live.

Down here (Florida) they use some crappy second rate provolone rubber cheese w/white limp onion and call it authentic! Bread is t to good down here ether. Then the guy argues with me that he has lived in Philly. That was the one and only time I bought it.

This makes me want to take a 14 hour drive!
Dude, what Deli are you getting from? that sounds horrible! Lol I seen a show on TV the authentic ones actually use cheese whiz or something similar. There's a couple places down here decent ones but for the most part it's depressing I paid 10 bucks for one last Friday or Saturday and I felt robbed man.... fancy Italian place too, after that I won't even go back for pizza

I used to live near Philly.
I don't like onions.
You should of seen the looks I would get when I would order a cheese steak and hold the onions!!!
But they were still delicious !

Most of them do use cheese whiz up in Philly..I use seared ribeye cut up on artesian bun with fresh boars head provolone....brazilian dry rub reverse sear to be exact....it makes it marvelous...oils,peppers,onions,shrooms......wtf

Most of them do use cheese whiz up in Philly..I use seared ribeye cut up on artesian bun with fresh boars head provolone....brazilian dry rub reverse sear to be exact....it makes it marvelous...oils,peppers,onions,shrooms......wtf
Never Ever seen any place in Philly that would use that stuff!! (cheese whiz) LOL

Dude, what Deli are you getting from? that sounds horrible! Lol I seen a show on TV the authentic ones actually use cheese whiz or something similar. There's a couple places down here decent ones but for the most part it's depressing I paid 10 bucks for one last Friday or Saturday and I felt robbed man.... fancy Italian place too, after that I won't even go back for pizza
Stationary food truck in Rockledge. Otherwise, beside that disaster of a ”Authentic Philly Cheese Steak” lacking opinions, I’d have to say everything else is at the minimum a very very good meal/dish.

I just can’t believe this guy would argue with a northerner who has spent time in Philly. (I’m not from Philly, I’m a New Yorker from the city.) So he loudly trumpeted over me ….

(this is when I knew I was arguing with an idiot and decided not to argue since I’d get beat over the head and loose horribly with his experience)

“I lived in Philly for 10 years and they don’t use any other cheese except Provolone & they never use Cheddar! ONLY PROVOLONE!”

I said;
“Ummmmmm, OK, have a nice day, enjoy, bye now, see ya…..”

I’ve heard of people using Cheese Wiz… ummmmm…..

That would be a big NO THANK YOU!!!
I find the taste and consistency terrible.

Stationary food truck in Rockledge. Otherwise, beside that disaster of a ”Authentic Philly Cheese Steak” lacking opinions, I’d have to say everything else is at the minimum a very very good meal/dish.

I just can’t believe this guy would argue with a northerner who has spent time in Philly. (I’m not from Philly, I’m a New Yorker from the city.) So he loudly trumpeted over me ….

(this is when I knew I was arguing with an idiot and decided not to argue since I’d get beat over the head and loose horribly with his experience)

“I lived in Philly for 10 years and they don’t use any other cheese except Provolone & they never use Cheddar! ONLY PROVOLONE!”

I said;
“Ummmmmm, OK, have a nice day, enjoy, bye now, see ya…..”

I’ve heard of people using Cheese Wiz… ummmmm…..

That would be a big NO THANK YOU!!!
I find the taste and consistency terrible.
Oh don't lie, they make some pretty good cheese steaks and hoagies in New York and Jersey too. and pizza / tomato pie to die for. I miss it, 2002 was the last taste.
You can get cheese wiz at Geno's in Philly, his specialty steak sammie

Oh don't lie, they make some pretty good cheese steaks and hoagies in New York and Jersey too. and pizza / tomato pie to die for. I miss it, 2002 was the last taste.
You can get cheese wiz at Geno's in Philly, his specialty steak sammie
Oh I never said NY/NJ can’t make a great and awesome dish or hero sandwich. Personally IMO, specialty Long Island hero/hoagie shops freakin rule bar none! I know some pizza shops that’ll make you cry there so dang good it’ll make you wonder what gutter your local place pulled out the rat poop and called it pepperoni.

But this place I was talking about here in Fl. and their ridiculous “Authentic Philly Cheesesteak” was an outright joke.

There’s some really good food here in Florida, no doubt. Just not at a N.Y. Awesome level.
Anytime I’ve been in NJ with that side of the family, well, let’s just say they KNOW WHERE TO GO! Because they take their food super seriously. Oh my Lord! Yummmmmm!!!!

-
Back