-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Had this Powerglide built with trans brake to use on a future build but have since changed my mind.

Brand new build with zero use. See pictures and the spec sheet for all the info.

Currently located in PA and strapped inside a crate ready to ship.

Asking $2800 or best offer.

IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg
IMG_2289.jpeg

Attachments

• Bill Schulz Powerglide Build Sheet.pdf
    128.4 KB · Views: 59
@71Demon528 can answer any questions you have.

Thanks, Bill

I attached the build sheet. Putting a HP rating on a transmission is a difficult task especially because people will want to hold you to it. However, I can say the weakest link of this powerglide, is the stock 1.76 gear set, but the 1.76 gear set is known to be able to handle a good bit of power. Most rate the gear set around 650-700hp. Others have used 1.76 in 800+ HP vehicles with success. It truly all depends on the abuse the planetary set saw before being used for racing. I will say if the planetary gears or carrier showed me some concern, I would not have used them in a drag race transmission. With that being said, this transmission is a good unit. I have friends running mid 10s in 3200+ lb vehicles using a 1.76 gearset as well as some other stock powerglide components. Please read the build sheet as I have laid out a lot of information on there and I will answer any questions you have.

RJ

F5A5EF3E-8B0A-4A16-9532-426252A45D96.png

A347C522-D317-48BD-875C-0FFD30AD880F.png

I can’t download the sheet could you tell me what it was built to handle hp wise, and a quick run down of what’s in it? Thanks mark

Mark, it appears even though I posted the build sheet, it’s still little blurry.

The Transmission has the following internal components

Transmission Specialties Powerglide band adjuster pin

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Billet High Clutch Hub

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Billet Servo Cover

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Deep Aluminum Pan

Transmissions Specialties 4340 Input shaft with turbo splines

Transmission Specialties Powerglide two
piece shift lever

Transmission Specialties Powerglide billet dual ring servo

Sonnax Powerglide Oil Pump Gears

Powerglide rebuild kit with Alto red high gear clutches (5)
Raybestos reverse clutches (5)
Regular steels for both high gear drum and reverse

Teflon sealing rings for input shaft and

Powerglide Red Lined Racing Band

Sonnax Powerglide Reverse return springs

Sonnax Powerglide reverse piston heavy duty retainer

JW Performance Powerglide to Small Block Moar Ultra Bell Housing

BTE Racing Billet Transbrake Bracket Valve body

Stock case was used with bell housing milled off for the installation of the JW
Ultra Bell Housing

Case was modified for transbrake usage

Case has additional modification for the future use of a double pump "Pro" brake

Case has additional hole drilled into the reverse piston area and then plugged with a 1/8 NPT brass countersunk plug with epoxy

Should the use of a "Pro double pump brake be acquired in the future, transmission will need disassembled and the plug will need removed from the reverse piston area

Stock front pump body, stator tube, and stator
Front pump was modified for high pressure trans brake valve body
New pump bushing and seal installed

Stock high gear drum with 5 alto red Eagle clutches installed
Red alto eagle are grooved clutches
Clutch clearance is .065”
Billet hub installed in high gear drum

Stock sun gear and pressure plate were in good condition and installed

Stock wedding band was in good condition and installed

Stock reverse piston was installed with 17 new springs and new retainer
Piston was cut down on a laythe .040" to obtain targeted clutch clearance
Reverse clutch clearance .055"

Stock governor support was installed with blocker plate and gasket

Stock tailshaft housing installed

Band adjustment torqued to 72 inch pounds and backed off 3 1/2 turns

Stock 1.76 helical cut planetary set and stock output shaft were installed
1.76 is the more desirable stock planetary set as it is stronger than 1.82 set

Mark, it appears even though I posted the build sheet, it’s still little blurry.

The Transmission has the following internal components

Transmission Specialties Powerglide band adjuster pin

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Billet High Clutch Hub

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Billet Servo Cover

Transmission Specialties Powerglide Deep Aluminum Pan

Transmissions Specialties 4340 Input shaft with turbo splines

Transmission Specialties Powerglide two
piece shift lever

Transmission Specialties Powerglide billet dual ring servo

Sonnax Powerglide Oil Pump Gears

Powerglide rebuild kit with Alto red high gear clutches (5)
Raybestos reverse clutches (5)
Regular steels for both high gear drum and reverse

Teflon sealing rings for input shaft and

Powerglide Red Lined Racing Band

Sonnax Powerglide Reverse return springs

Sonnax Powerglide reverse piston heavy duty retainer

JW Performance Powerglide to Small Block Moar Ultra Bell Housing

BTE Racing Billet Transbrake Bracket Valve body

Stock case was used with bell housing milled off for the installation of the JW
Ultra Bell Housing

Case was modified for transbrake usage

Case has additional modification for the future use of a double pump "Pro" brake

Case has additional hole drilled into the reverse piston area and then plugged with a 1/8 NPT brass countersunk plug with epoxy

Should the use of a "Pro double pump brake be acquired in the future, transmission will need disassembled and the plug will need removed from the reverse piston area

Stock front pump body, stator tube, and stator
Front pump was modified for high pressure trans brake valve body
New pump bushing and seal installed

Stock high gear drum with 5 alto red Eagle clutches installed
Red alto eagle are grooved clutches
Clutch clearance is .065”
Billet hub installed in high gear drum

Stock sun gear and pressure plate were in good condition and installed

Stock wedding band was in good condition and installed

Stock reverse piston was installed with 17 new springs and new retainer
Piston was cut down on a laythe .040" to obtain targeted clutch clearance
Reverse clutch clearance .055"

Stock governor support was installed with blocker plate and gasket

Stock tailshaft housing installed

Band adjustment torqued to 72 inch pounds and backed off 3 1/2 turns

Stock 1.76 helical cut planetary set and stock output shaft were installed
1.76 is the more desirable stock planetary set as it is stronger than 1.82 set
I will tell you what it’s for. I have a small block that makes around 900, it used to be in my 3100 lb duster with a stick. I bought a tube chassis 71 gremlin that was set up for AMC engine and PG. the car all said and done will probably weigh around 2500. I want to use it in no prep small tire and heads up 1/8th mile and some 1/4 mile with a rear gear swap. I was on the phone with ATI and was talking to Charlie about a pro glide with 180 gear set and strait cut gears super case bell top of the line **** and a convertor and it’s not cheap but I think not to bad considering what I’m getting. And I don’t have to run a blanket or shield. What your thoughts on it?

I will tell you what it’s for. I have a small block that makes around 900, it used to be in my 3100 lb duster with a stick. I bought a tube chassis 71 gremlin that was set up for AMC engine and PG. the car all said and done will probably weigh around 2500. I want to use it in no prep small tire and heads up 1/8th mile and some 1/4 mile with a rear gear swap. I was on the phone with ATI and was talking to Charlie about a pro glide with 180 gear set and strait cut gears super case bell top of the line **** and a convertor and it’s not cheap but I think not to bad considering what I’m getting. And I don’t have to run a blanket or shield. What your thoughts on it?

Being that the AMC gremlin is much lighter, and a small tire no prep, the gearset may last a while but it’s a toss up. I’ve heard of them lasting in lighter cars. The 1.80 straight cuts would definitely be the way to go for longevity. The aftermarket case is definitely a nice touch to not running a blanket or shield. I’m sure their pro glide with ultra case and bell is upwards of $5k, if not more. Plus converter. And I agree, for what you’re getting, the ATI is not a terrible price.

If you end up buying this one from Bill, you could always put the 1.80 set in it.
The stock case shouldn’t be an issue for what you’re doing in my opinion. It’s more convenience for not wanting to run a shield or blanket where the ultra case comes in. That and when you start cranking up the pressure from power adders, the stock case comes into jeopardy. I know my car is heavier than 2500, with 850+ HP, and I wouldn’t have an issue putting a stock case in my car. Just my opinion.

Talk with your trans builder. He may have different experiences putting the 1.76 behind your power level and see what he says.

Being that the AMC gremlin is much lighter, and a small tire no prep, the gearset may last a while but it’s a toss up. I’ve heard of them lasting in lighter cars. The 1.80 straight cuts would definitely be the way to go for longevity. The aftermarket case is definitely a nice touch to not running a blanket or shield. I’m sure their pro glide with ultra case and bell is upwards of $5k, if not more. Plus converter. And I agree, for what you’re getting, the ATI is not a terrible price.

If you end up buying this one from Bill, you could always put the 1.80 set in it.
The stock case shouldn’t be an issue for what you’re doing in my opinion. It’s more convenience for not wanting to run a shield or blanket where the ultra case comes in. That and when you start cranking up the pressure from power adders, the stock case comes into jeopardy. I know my car is heavier than 2500, with 850+ HP, and I wouldn’t have an issue putting a stock case in my car. Just my opinion.

Talk with your trans builder. He may have different experiences putting the 1.76 behind your power level and see what he says.
6k with convertor flex plate and crank spacer. I agree with you about the stock case tho. Ok I will think about it and get back to you. Thankyou

I forgot to mention.... I have a brand new JW crank spacer kit that will go with the trans. I believe it comes with starter shims as well but will need to confirm.

-
Back