Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Very nice Camaro. Always been a fan of the first generation cars. Please stick around and keep us posted on what you do with it and how it runs. You're part of the family.

if both cars were listed for sale within a short time after the Dart/Camaro swap was made, then something went south for the parties involved. youngdart75 said the camaro was his dream car, then to sell it within a short time of getting it, something must not have panned out. And after the years of time, effort and money he put into the Dart to then get rid of it, just seems odd to me, but to each their own.

if both cars were listed for sale within a short time after the Dart/Camaro swap was made, then something went south for the parties involved. youngdart75 said the camaro was his dream car, then to sell it within a short time of getting it, something must not have panned out. And after the years of time, effort and money he put into the Dart to then get rid of it, just seems odd to me, but to each their own.
Yeah, it is a little strange, but I doubt anything went south. The guy who traded for the Dart was trying to sell it less than a month later.

Maybe the OP's interests have changed. Who knows.

It could be simple as the market in the area. Maybe the one who owned the camaro thought the dart would be a quicker sell than the Camaro in his area. Plenty of potential reasonings on both ends. Maybe he will login and share with us

Well good evening everyone. As the Dart will be coming back to me on Wednesday and the adventure will continue, I felt the need to start the thread back up.

We will be back racing the Red headed step child, abomination, very soon. With a few upgrades of course.

Well good evening everyone. As the Dart will be coming back to me on Wednesday and the adventure will continue, I felt the need to start the thread back up.

We will be back racing the Red headed step child, abomination, very soon. With a few upgrades of course.
What happened to the Camaro?? Did you guys swap them back?

That’s pretty cool. Tell us the story. I personally saw the car for sale after you traded it off. What happened after that?

That’s pretty cool. Tell us the story. I personally saw the car for sale after you traded it off. What happened after that?
I had some health issues shortly after getting the camaro. Cost of medical treatment each month caused due to sell the Camaro to help cover them all until I could get to a point where it was feasible to have a classic car again.

I picked up a driver while recovery was happening. Things got better faster than expected.

Shortly after that he had some family issues and medical stuff come up on his own and needed to do the same as he had to take precautions for himself and his family. I missed the Dart, my kids missed the dart and it just didn't feel the same without her.

I knew no one else was going to love her like I do, so I made the necessary moves to get her back and she will be here Wednesday.

Helped him and myself out at the same time. Full circle moment.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is a little strange, but I doubt anything went south. The guy who traded for the Dart was trying to sell it less than a month later.

Maybe the OP's interests have changed. Who knows.
She's back home tomorrow and you will be flooded with pictures and videos all over again.

I had some health issues shortly after getting the camaro. Cost of medical treatment each month caused due to sell the Camaro to help cover them all.

I picked up a driver while recovery was happening. Things got better faster than expected.

Shortly after that he had some family issues and .epically stuff come up on his own and needed to do the same. I missed the Dart, my kids missed the dart ND it just didn't feel the same without her.

I knew no one else was going to love her like I do so I made the necessary moves to get her back and she will be here Wednesday.

Helped him and myself out at the same time. Full circle moment.
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but it sounds like you’re on the mend and doing well. Glad you and your car are back.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but it sounds like you’re on the mend and doing well. Glad you and your car are back.
Thank you very much. I am happy with both as well. Luckily everyone has kind of accepted the fact with the car now so not as difficult talking to everyone anymore. Everyone loves it in person.

Can't wait for winter upgrades and racing next season. .

Basically how I feel. But I did put a deposit on a pair of properly made and performing Precision Gen2 Ball bearing 7675 turbos. Time to ditch the cheapo china VSR turbos and get this thing to 60 and 330 instead of just screaming out the back end.

-
Back