Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
She did actually show up Sunday morning, finally after 4 delays.

Got her washed up and cleaned up and started checking things over in case I can make it to this weekends race at pacific raceways.

I did notice he forgot to mention he had upgraded the rear to a set of strange brakes to go along with the moser 35 spline axles and full spool. Also checked out the drive shaft speed sensor and wheel speed sensor he had installed as well.
Few small things to correct and adjust and she ought to be ready to go. Have to fill c02 bottles for sure but that's easy enough.

Luckily I didn't throw my spare set of nhra license numbers away either. Everything feels right with her home now.

20230903_092621.jpg

20230903_101903.jpg

20230904_163707.jpg

20230904_180937.jpg

20230904_183604.jpg

20230904_183637.jpg

20230904_120303.jpg

Driveshaft speed and non driven wheel speed is awesome. Now you can do a really nice traction control.

She did actually show up Sunday morning, finally after 4 delays.

Got her washed up and cleaned up and started checking things over in case I can make it to this weekends race at pacific raceways.

I did notice he forgot to mention he had upgraded the rear to a set of strange brakes to go along with the moser 35 spline axles and full spool. Also checked out the drive shaft speed sensor and wheel speed sensor he had installed as well.
Few small things to correct and adjust and she ought to be ready to go. Have to fill c02 bottles for sure but that's easy enough.

Luckily I didn't throw my spare set of nhra license numbers away either. Everything feels right with her home now.

View attachment 1716137638

View attachment 1716137639

View attachment 1716137640

View attachment 1716137641

View attachment 1716137642

View attachment 1716137643

View attachment 1716137644
It's a stupid question I'm sure, but what's the Co2 for? Shifter?

The co2 is for the boost control. Feed c02 on top of the diaphragm of the wastewater to force it to stay closed, until I make the desired amount of boost down track.
OK got it. Sounds like somethin you better be careful with. lol

Glad you got your health and hot rod back on track!

I have good memories test and tuning up on Rieter rd back in the 90s.

Going to be digging into the Dart a little more this weekend to start the offseason. I have to run up to the DMV and get paperwork switched back over and the plates re-ordered. Wont be losing my LSX MPR plates.

I may run to go pickup the set of wheels I picked up. Almost identical to my old beadlocks that were on it before he narrowed the rear end. Got them for $500 and still have the old set of beadlock rings, so ill be getting them machined and converted over to beadlocks this winter. Luckily i know a shop about an hour or so away that can take care of it for me.

Should have the new Precision Gen2 Ball Bearing 7675 turbos in another week or two once they're removed from his car. Then the fab work fun can begin switching it over to the vband housing's and new setup. While that fab work is going on ill be pulling the exhaust side and having everything properly coated so that it lasts instead of me doing it improperly and it only lasting a few months. May also swap over to a 4" exhaust outlet versus the 3". I feel like it may have been causing some back pressure issues limiting my ability to build boost off the 2 step/trans brake.

I also have to starting end to end testing some of the grounds and things on the harness to see if I can find a culprit for that intermittent cam/crank error loss. i had given it some thought before and having swapped to an external crank trigger, and the factory one while trying to diagnose it, and having the issue stay both times with two different setups but going through the same harness leads me to believe the new harness i installed from holley may have an issue or possibly I boogered something up on the install. So i will be getting to the bottom of that one way or another this winter.

The goal is to get all this done(hopefully a bolt together torque converter from circle d specialties if time and funds allow), retune, and make it to Holley LS Fest West this year as i've always wanted to race there and I think having a 3500lb street racing stripped out race cars and trucks would be awesome. Maybe surprise one or two if i can get it to work right. Race it all season out here before heading back to the east coast next fall.

Plenty of work to do and cant wait to get started.

Screenshot_20230905_101057_Facebook.jpg

Glad to see the beak back in action having fun I hope!
Very soon. Picking up the beadlock rings this weekend. New turbos and wheels hopefully on Monday and meeting with the fab guy right after to get a plan of attack for getting the vband housing turbos setup, remaking the cold side in aluminum and adding alphalocks at each connection instead of the rubber boot style connectors as well. Already have the flanges en route for the turbo swap over, and the oil restrictors to run inline to the turbos as well. Excited for next season in my 3500lb street car.

They definitely complete the look. Unfortunately the company I had lined up local to machine them for beadkocks backed out so I'll wait till we get back east and take them to MacFab

IMG_20230919_162930_592.jpg

Went out for a little cruise to pickup groceries and what do you know....found a pair of precision gen ii 7675 turbos on the shelf with all the clamps and bands it takes to switch em over on my car.

IMG_20230922_170935_513.jpg

20230922_165511.jpg

20230923_133325.jpg

More stuff on the way and showing up. Got the badass maven mounts for the new turbos.

All the new intercooler piping is en route. Scheduled for fab shop as well. With any luck before Halloween it'll be in there. Got the old turbos sold as well. They will be shipping out Friday.

I had to reorder the American flag for the hood, so that will be here in a few days and back on the dart by this weekend.

20231004_140556.jpg

-
Back