-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spook120

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello! Newbie. Currently drive an 08 org/blk Viper coupe. Interested in purchasing a 68 (preferred) or 69 Dart. I want a car that has already been tubbed or has a tube chassis. Complete cars preferred with hemi or built 440. I guess basically what I am looking for is either a race car project or a completed car that can be either raced or street driven occasionally. Have cash for the right car and will travel to get it. I am currently in Minnesota and want a project for our bloody 7 months of winter. Want a good, well engineered car (4 link, ect), either auto or 4 speed that is straight and with decent interior. Thinking I would like to keep the price under 35K but that is negotiable for the right car. You can pm me or post what you have. Thanks in advance. Spook120.

Hello! Newbie. Currently drive an 08 org/blk Viper coupe. Interested in purchasing a 68 (preferred) or 69 Dart. I want a car that has already been tubbed or has a tube chassis. Complete cars preferred with hemi or built 440. I guess basically what I am looking for is either a race car project or a completed car that can be either raced or street driven occasionally. Have cash for the right car and will travel to get it. I am currently in Minnesota and want a project for our bloody 7 months of winter. Want a good, well engineered car (4 link, ect), either auto or 4 speed that is straight and with decent interior. Thinking I would like to keep the price under 35K but that is negotiable for the right car. You can pm me or post what you have. Thanks in advance. Spook120.
You're My Hero

Don't do hero well, but would like to have someone with the right car be my hero! Thanks for the reply. Spook.

Welcome to FABO SpooK! So ... for $35K or under, are you looking for a car that is mechanically finished? Are you looking for something that is leaning more towards a Pro-Street car or a race car? I was asking because of your tubbed or tube chassis preference. Also, when you say you want a project car for your 7 months of winter, what type of work are you looking to take on (ex. body/paint, electrical, etc.). My apologies for all the questions but I was a little confused by your request. BTW: Since we all love pics here, do you have any of your '08 Viper with you on board? If you do, you can post it here or in the "Face with a Name" thread so we can all get to know one another. Good luck with your search.

It's not exactly what you were looking for as far as make and model, but it's tubbed, four link, stroker 440, supercharged, 1100 horsepower, street legal and FOR SALE!. In your price range too. Let me know if you have an interest and I'll hook you up with the guy who owns it.

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I am capable of doing body work, some electrical but am not a car builder in any sense of the word. I have no clue how to post pictures of my Viper. It is by the way a blast to drive, headers and 3.55 rear gears in the near future from Archer Racing in Duluth, Mn. But back to my desire to have something a bit more old school. Saw that "hemi dart" clone roller that sold on ebay. That would bring a smile to my face, but am thinking 30k for a roller, 10 to 25K for a motor, then paint....hmmm pushing 70 thousand I bet before it sees the highway. Perhaps I have a champaign taste and a cocacola budget? Guess that is what I am asking, what is realistic figure for a hemi clone or built car? My needs are rather confusing as I want the technology and stance of a strip car, but the ability to drive on the street. I am not a kid anymore (61) but seem to have an inability to grow up. Sorry for any confusion. Spook.

Don't do hero well, but would like to have someone with the right car be my hero! Thanks for the reply. Spook.
No offence Spook, Just that you have one of my dream cars and it looks like you are in the market for my other one.........good luck brother.

It's not exactly what you were looking for as far as make and model, but it's tubbed, four link, stroker 440, supercharged, 1100 horsepower, street legal and FOR SALE!. In your price range too. Let me know if you have an interest and I'll hook you up with the guy who owns it.

Wow! 1100 hp!!! Ok, we need more pics and info. Wicked machine.

Wylde1.

Hi Spook,
This maybe not what you are looking for but who knows.
Its a lot less than 35K.

I am thinking of selling my 67 Plymouth Valiant My family well disowned me but its time. You may have seen it at Mopar at Carlisle 07,08 and 09 it was parked under the pavilion and its Viper yellow. I have had the car for over 5 years that is the longest I have had any old car.
I just met the man who did the body work this year at Carlisle he would have had to do it somewhere around 7 years ago and it still looks just as good He started with a rust free car and Shaved the doors and bumpers , Minnie tubbed it then painted it Viper yellow. I did nothing to the body but had the frame tied and under the hood smoothed. I put the Fiberglass hood on but still have the original. I put in a 383 that was all rebuilt we put on aluminum Edelbrocks heads and roller rockers. I had my good friend who is a Mopar motor expert and a super perfectionist If you have any questions on the motor I will give you his #.He build the motor with around 9 -1 compression so it’s good on pump gas. Our plane was and is to put a blower on it (if I keep it). We put in a built 727 Rev. valve body trans. With a cheetah shifter (the only way to go). It has.TTI Headers, a 8 ¾ rear with 391s I think? Fuel cell and a outside batt. Turn off. I put buckets in it but still have the stock seat. The int. is stock I liked it that way. All new radials the backs hook like glue and are dot app. I had the Car dynode in 08 at Carlisle. The Dynojet skipped on the passes but it ran 322 HP and 323 Torque. At the rear wheels I also ran it at Mason Dixon Mopar this year for the first time and it ran a 12.56 @ 109.9 first time out. I am new to drag racing and I know it will go much better, Still I felt good at that with a 9 – 1 motor in it. You can see the runs on Utube if you look up Mason Dixon and Mr. Happy and the dyno under 67 Plymouth Dyno Carlisle I have 100s of pictures. you should see some. http://cartoon6pk.smugmug.com/galler...23179341_qJWKc
I would like $18,900 for the car and parts. Or trade. I may sell it as a roller for $13,900. If you have a trade and some cash that would be Great.

P.S. Its nice to see someone that still has Cash.
Thank You.

Ok, so if I take pictures of the Viper, then what do I do to send them by email? Computers are obviously not my thing. I did post some stuff on craigs list once with pictures and that was a chore. I apologize for being so lame, but like I said, computers are not my forte'. Thanks. Spook.

I started a thread on this car a few weeks ago, but no one seemed interested or it got overlooked. Here is another shot I have of the engine. It's a Scott Dickinson built 440. The car is fully street legal and driven when the weather is nice (well, it's rained lightly on it once or twice) It's run a high 9 second e.t. but isn't quite dialed in yet. A car like this takes lots of time to get right, and with limited time and $$ it's only been to the strip a few times. It is basically a 74 Duster skin over a chassis that my friend Greg built himself in his garage over a few years. The car is a factory sunroof car. He usually runs it with pulleys on the supercharger to de-tune the engine down to 850 or so H.P. to make it more streetable.

IMG_0961.jpg

Ok, so if I take pictures of the Viper, then what do I do to send them by email? Computers are obviously not my thing. I did post some stuff on craigs list once with pictures and that was a chore. I apologize for being so lame, but like I said, computers are not my forte'. Thanks. Spook.

No problem Spook. Take the pics, download them to you computer and email them to me at the address I posted above. I will then post them for you.

Will try to get the pictures emailed today. No promises as I have never emailed pictures. This could be an adventure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back