Saying hi and wanting to spend money!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, tried to send pictures of the Viper. Let me know if they went through. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing when it comes to this computer crap. LOL. Spook. Also thanks for the offer on the rolling chassis but am going to find a 68 dart somewhere....at a decent price hopefully, not some pie in the sky dreaming from Iowa!!! Thanks.

Spook,
Try Lee Hopkins at Hopkins Restorations in Inman,S.C. He had a killer 69 dart for sale. It is tubbed, has a tubed chassis( I think) runs in the 9's and is cool as hell. Good Luck.

Spook,

I am in the process of constructing a web page to sell my 68 Dart GT. I am planning to list the car here on FABO after I take some good pics and video of it.

It is not "exactly" the finished product you are looking for but could be a solid (and way less expensive) alternative, and/or a great platform to put your dream car together with the savings.

Anyway, have a look at www.68Dart.blogspot.com. I'm asking $19,000 or reasonable offer. I will be adding to the web page over the next few days but the main stuff is on there now.

Bruce.

Thank you for the replies. Any contact information on Hopkins Restoration would be appreciated. ABody, nice looking car, will take it under consideration as I continue my search. Spook.

I have an Orange '08 Viper coupe too! I also know where there are a few '69 GTS's for sale. Call or Email me.

Eric
715-426-HEMI
[email protected]

08 Orange Viper resized pic 1.jpg

Spook,

I am in the process of constructing a web page to sell my 68 Dart GT. I am planning to list the car here on FABO after I take some good pics and video of it.

It is not "exactly" the finished product you are looking for but could be a solid (and way less expensive) alternative, and/or a great platform to put your dream car together with the savings.

Anyway, have a look at www.68Dart.blogspot.com. I'm asking $19,000 or reasonable offer. I will be adding to the web page over the next few days but the main stuff is on there now.

Bruce.

Very nice car!!!

Spook,

Bruce.

Awesome Car!

Spook,
Try Lee Hopkins at Hopkins Restorations in Inman,S.C. He had a killer 69 dart for sale. It is tubbed, has a tubed chassis( I think) runs in the 9's and is cool as hell. Good Luck.

Is it possible that it is Hodge Restorations? Here is the website. http://www.hodgerestorations.com/aboutus.html

The owner is Le Hodge and it is in Inman, SC.

I was trying to help Spook out with a little google search.

I've never heard of this place but wow they have a heck of a collection of cars.

Thank you for posting those. Thought they got lost in etherspace somewhere. Spook.

Im not really a fan of the viper style wise but that is one sharp car!!!.....wish I had your budget lol,my duster would be done and I wiould still have like $30,000.00 in the bank lol. I am planning on building my duster from the ground up for around $4,000.00 including what i bought it for!. I also do all my own body work,interior work,mechanical work and paint...so I save ALOT on labor costs. anyhow, I don't think you should have much trouble finding the car you want with that kind of budget...good luck to you on finding your car!

Thanks Duster. One of the advantages of being old is that you can finally afford things you always wanted when you were younger. Life is short play hard. As for finding the car, so far some intesting replies but not exactly what I am looking for so keep the 68-69 leads coming. Thanks again. Spook.

will do....if I see anything I will pass it along to you. Im still early 20's so Im in that "always broke" faze I guess lol but....slow but sure,the project moves along...whatever you end up finding,be sure to keep all of us posted!

Will gladly trade you your youth and up coming adventures for my Viper. Even trade!! Spook.

Thanks Duster. One of the advantages of being old is that you can finally afford things you always wanted when you were younger. Life is short play hard. As for finding the car, so far some intesting replies but not exactly what I am looking for so keep the 68-69 leads coming. Thanks again. Spook.

Spook, with the kind of budget you described above, I am sure you have thought of just building a car from ground up instead of buying one partially done that may or may not fit the bill. Due to the state of the economy, many good builders are negotiating their project rates and I would think that might be a real possibility for you. This way, you could find yourself a nice foundation car and go from there. Just my $.02.

HAHAHAHA....I tihnk I will have to pass but I am sure one of these fabo guys would jump at the chance lol. glad to have you here on fabo and add one more mopar guy to the list.....this is more than a chat forum, its a family if you will....everyone here is VERY nice and helpfull and alot of jokes.....its a great place!

GTX thanks. I thought of that, but it is sometimes cheaper by thousands to buy a nearly finished or finished car and just live with it for awhile. I just sold (prior to the Viper) a 55 Chevy that I had "built". It took 8 YEARS to finish and I swore never to put myself at the mercy of somebody elses schedule. I literally had to kiss peoples posteriors for them to finish the work that they got paid to do (had over 100K in the car. ) I sold that car with 56 miles on the odometer because it had just become a nightmare. A testament to all that is wrong in the world of custom cars/people. Nice car, won best of show at Goodguys, but it was so perfect you couldn't drive the bloody thing. Had a 748HP 540 bigblock and tremac 6 speed. That is why I am looking for an dart that has the majority of the work done. Good suggestion however. Just wish I had the skills to do the work myself. Man needs to know his own limitations and after the 55 I certainly know mine. Spook.

My neighbor has a 64 dodge dart with a slant 6....has been stored inside a garage for years and years and years and years in awesome condition...could probably be bout for a couple thousand if that...also a 74 duster,a 76 amc javelin fully restored,81 corvette,86 corvette,57 chevy,32 ford t bucket roadster...all sorts of different stuff

My neighbor has a 64 dodge dart with a slant 6....has been stored inside a garage for years and years and years and years in awesome condition...could probably be bout for a couple thousand if that...also a 74 duster,a 76 amc javelin fully restored,81 corvette,86 corvette,57 chevy,32 ford t bucket roadster...all sorts of different stuff

I'd like to find out about that Javelin and what year it is. BTW: The last year for Javs was '74.

GTX thanks. I thought of that, but it is sometimes cheaper by thousands to buy a nearly finished or finished car and just live with it for awhile. I just sold (prior to the Viper) a 55 Chevy that I had "built". It took 8 YEARS to finish and I swore never to put myself at the mercy of somebody elses schedule. I literally had to kiss peoples posteriors for them to finish the work that they got paid to do (had over 100K in the car. ) I sold that car with 56 miles on the odometer because it had just become a nightmare. A testament to all that is wrong in the world of custom cars/people. Nice car, won best of show at Goodguys, but it was so perfect you couldn't drive the bloody thing. Had a 748HP 540 bigblock and tremac 6 speed. That is why I am looking for an dart that has the majority of the work done. Good suggestion however. Just wish I had the skills to do the work myself. Man needs to know his own limitations and after the 55 I certainly know mine. Spook.

Good luck in your Mopar quest Spook but if the 55 you decribed was mine I would have showed it for a year or so and then drove the wheels off of it, but that's just me. You can always restore it again. ;) As you can see from my username and avatar I kinda like 55's. ;) I had to sell mine a few years back before I got it done and it's been one of the biggest regrets of my life. A year ago I had a bit of cash to spare but not enough for for another tri-5 or even a Chevelle (my other Chevy love) so a buddy was selling a 65 Cuda. The little fish grew on me and I pulled the trigger on my first Mopar ever. No regrets so far and it's coming together nicely. It would be coming together faster but work has kinda sucked lately.

Suprisingly the Viper is actually quicker than my 55, must be a weight thing as the 55 was close to 3850 without me in it. And it drove like a truck, no power steering, no power brakes, no air or heat, just a big motor. Still do miss it though, but not the hassle it involved. Thanks for the reply. Spook.

I'd like to find out about that Javelin and what year it is. BTW: The last year for Javs was '74.

it must be a 74 then....pretty sure he said last year....has the dual vented looking hood scoops,white with black stripes...fully restored years ago and some guy was buying it for his kids graduation present...kid screwed up ,went to military,guy never bought it and it has been sitting in a car port ever since....probably a few grand would buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back