Show Your Big Block A body!

-
I don't have a big block in an "A" body, in fact I'm building my first small block to go in my '64 Dart Gt, (I've had all big blocks in bigger cars 'til now) but I do have a friend with a big block Dart :-D
it won 2007 NHRA Super Stock eliminator. it's fastest run was 9.58 last I heard. it runs in SS/FA. I used to work for Dave Smith at ProTrans when Darren was just a little kid. funny but the A904 behind my slant 6 was built by ProTrans, talk about overkill!
here's a photo before it got crashed into in the pits. it's back together now.
img_0650.jpg

Man after seeing all these nice BB A body's I'm a little ashamed to show mine. Well here goes nothing. 383 BB, 727 Reverse Manual valvebody.

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

Here is my 69Dart. 512c.i. stroker ,reverse body 727,3.23 gears in 8-3/4.
Strictly a street car but a hell of a lot fun.

PC130002.jpg

PC130003 (2).jpg

PC130004.jpg

PC130003.jpg

dartsport76 never be ashamed of you car, hey atleast it's in one piece and you do what you can with it right? P.S it's a really cool looking car, love the dual quad tunnel ram :thumrigh:

Thanks for comment, people (other than us Mopar freaks) do not under stand how much work goes into these things. I had one guy mistake my Dart for a Buick!!!!:bootysha: some people are just clueless Any way, I like looking at everyone els's cars it help give me ideas for mine. I"ll be selling that engine in my Dart in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.

Man after seeing all these nice BB A body's I'm a little ashamed to show mine. Well here goes nothing. 383 BB, 727 Reverse Manual valvebody.

What's to be ashamed of Dartsport nice car, besides there's something about a tunnel ram that always gets me going.

Terry

I see several 440's in A bodies with Mopar Performance cast aluminum valve covers. No problems with them hitting your heat/blower motor?

This is my 1968 Dodge Dart with a 340 in it.
IMG00244.jpg

This is my 440 that is going in it with Schumacher Creative headers and motor mounts
IMG00305.jpg

A factory 4 speed car we made a racer out of it. Ran high 12's on an 80,000 mile stock motor with only headers and a 4.10 Gear.
Eventually swapped in 440 and 727 for brackets and ran pretty easy 10.70s

16449775.jpg
[/IMG]
17264836.jpg
[/IMG]

Lot'sa beautiful cars here. I feel overwelmed looking at the workmanship of you guys.
Mine's a 67 GT with a 505 inch 440 running about 10:1 compression, Edelbrok RPM heads, all hydraulic roller valve train, Demon 850 carb, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear axle with 3.23 gears.
67dart.jpg

Bob welcome to FABO , nice car , where is Mass. are you ?

Welcome to FABO Bob. Beautiful car, a Dart almost identical to yours sold on here about a year ago. When I saw your car I thought it was the same car.

-
Back