Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Biggest thing with a federal application you need to hit the KSA's Remember a bean counter sees it first and checks them off before moving it on.

System has changed a lot. KSAs (Knowledge Skills and Abilities) were dropped. You do need to hit any selective placement factors and pay attention to the terminology in the announcement. Way simpler now.

Been prob 25 years since I did one. Pretty funny story when I first went rescue, knew nothing about aircraft. Well the H=60 supervisor job got posted. Used my intel stuff and that I ran a night shift of 44 people on it. Holy hell I was one of the ones selected. Pretty funny interview, I went to it. Basically told them was sick of the good old boy system on the base and wanted to do something about it! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Base commander loved me from then on!

FB_IMG_1704896573552.jpg

Well, it didn't dip into the 30s last night, that's a change, but it doesn't look like it will make it to the 60s today either :rolleyes: . 30 mph gusts perhaps and get your boards and wetsuits ready, 12-18' surf :eek:.

Morning everyone, 21deg here and the dogs could care less. Walk was a little cold but got it done and now it's coffee time.

So the block heater change went perfect with the shop vac. Only took a few minutes to swap it. Just need to clean vac now.
Decided to flush my heater core in avalanche. New rad came with a drain. Hose fitting, nice! Nope, no coolant will come out. Pos. Coolant everywhere but in drain bucket. And dropping tools repeatedly gets frustrating. Ah, its done, just have to fill and see if it improved.

For 1 position. Crazy.
One of the jobs I applied at years ago - Alaska oil and gas position in Prudhoe Bay. 5,000 + applications. 1 opening in extreme arctic of the top of Alaska. Wasn't even a hiring service like LinkedIn or Indeed. Just their website.

I has kin an Alaska. When we were young my uncle worked for the power company during the winter season. It paid so well he took the summers off. To occupy his summer time he fished salmon commercially. Pretty good paying summer job there. Being a lineman in Alaska in winter, not my idea of fun :lol:

Well here is all that remains from our “blizzard”

View attachment 1716190250

View attachment 1716190251
Can't wait to get up there to see that beautiful place in person, we got hit with our first sleat yesterday at 3pm. No snow yet cuzz
I has kin an Alaska. When we were young my uncle worked for the power company during the winter season. It paid so well he took the summers off. To occupy his summer time he fished salmon commercially. Pretty good paying summer job there. Being a lineman in Alaska in winter, not my idea of fun :lol:
Yep, can't pay me enough to do it up there, I was a lines man here in northeast Arkansas, removing telephone lines for ma bell, worst jobs was sent to me. One time I hade 17 poles I had to clime using a John boat, after the first two was done the last 14 was easy, sorta.. I was a contract labor, still pulled a good weekly pay check while raising my wife and two sons, never had a problem looking for work here in northeast Arkansas, we made the genius book of ... ****, what yeah call it..oh, Records in 1980, a recession.. we grew more in Jonesboro then any other city of 70 thousand.

-
Back