Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
For whatever reason the “new” satellites have been growing on me of late. I have looked at several. I really like the one you just posted. I am giving some very serious thought to building one for the nice little 360 nestled in my shop for a rainy day. I have been flip flopping between the satellite and an old jeep. The 360 is just taking up space, might as well put a wrapper on it!

1090.jpg
Trav's car has bourbon inside.

It is a balmy 2F degrees with a bit of wind. I already went down to the shop and turned on heat in the lounge. Fired up the brass tumbler for prepping another load of brass. Got tangled up with a buddy and some bourbon last night so I am a bit dehydrated this morning. But I got almost 2000 rounds of 45acp ready to reload yesterday. A solid day.
headache.jpg

When I was 16 I worked in an airport restaurant as a dishwasher and the cook (female) had a Satellite. She threw me the keys one day and told me to make sure I double punched the gas pedal, which I did, holly **** I wasn't ready for that and she musta been crazy to let me drive it. Think it was a Sebring tho and had a BB

We are all electric. We are to far out for Nat gas, arghh. I was reluctant to put in a wood stove, but I am sure rethinking my position. I can likely build a wood stove in a couple three weeks or so. But the honking pipe is super expensive. Cost me almost 900 dollars in pipe. I can buy the steel and build the stove for half that. I am guessing the pipe is so pricey due to insurance and liability? I have a virtually unlimited supply of fuel on our back sixty acres. I have been cutting in a road at roughly ten ft a session. It is gnarly.
My cousin the river rat and home owner put a 7inch steal drainage pipe he had found in a driveway at a farm he worked at, farmer took it out and piled it on his scrap pile, 16 foot long, now he has a giant wood burner hooked to it , a thick steal stove is sill working after 20 plus years, yep insurance can get crazy, but I am quessing not covered for it out by the river (Black river) .
For whatever reason the “new” satellites have been growing on me of late. I have looked at several. I really like the one you just posted. I am giving some very serious thought to building one for the nice little 360 nestled in my shop for a rainy day. I have been flip flopping between the satellite and an old jeep. The 360 is just taking up space, might as well put a wrapper on it!
Yep, I have been a fan of that year and body style for about 8 years, I missed out on a forest green wagon 6 or 7 years ago at auction, 78 thousand miles, one owner, I bid on it till my pocket was empty, hit 1,700 hundred, the buyer got it for 1.800. I was a mess for a few months because I couldn't get it

Ok, got no pain there. Im gonna wait to get to Viet Nam to have it repaired. **** is Waaaay to high to do in America..... :thumbsup:
I have one now that has started to split. They were going to repair, but looks like insurance is covering more of the crown now. I think they said my out of pocket is under 200.

We are all electric. We are to far out for Nat gas, arghh. I was reluctant to put in a wood stove, but I am sure rethinking my position. I can likely build a wood stove in a couple three weeks or so. But the honking pipe is super expensive. Cost me almost 900 dollars in pipe. I can buy the steel and build the stove for half that. I am guessing the pipe is so pricey due to insurance and liability? I have a virtually unlimited supply of fuel on our back sixty acres. I have been cutting in a road at roughly ten ft a session. It is gnarly.
I'm sure things are different in the back woods, but they have really tightened the leash on wood stoves. I've heard of some areas insurance won't even cover you all or at least unless everything is by the book. Also, I don't even think they can sell one without a catalyst for smoke (mine has that). Not sure how any of that might come into play if you make your own. That said, they have never checked mine, but I'm not sure if they know about it either.

I got all excited about a 66 or 67 Satellite Wagon I seen on CL. Hot rod for the granbrats here we come! I read the ad and sonuva gun the dang thing had a Slanty and 3 on the tree in it :BangHead:

Been talking to a guy I sent a spoiler to and he has it mounted on his car and getting ready to test it on a road trip at high speeds to see if it holds up. He is real happy with it but had to do a bit of modifications nothing major.
So I'll change a few things and get a for sale trend up soon now that I have everything in order.
Not worried about it not holding up I made it strong enough.

Morning guys a balmy 65 here at 5am this morning. Yesterday we played in a veterans golf tournament held at a beautiful course. I played well and won my flight. Cheryl struggled early but played well enough on the backside to win her flight. Talking to a lady there and we knew her brother back home small world. Then we walked through the hotel lobby later and saw someone we knew from Kansas weird. We watched the Chiefs kick butt last night it looked cold. Today wear heading back to the Sony Open golf tournament. Our friend Sam Stevens is in third place and playing today in the final ticket. I texted him last night and will have tickets for us today. He’s one off the lead be nice to watch him win one. Have a great day!!

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

-
Back