Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Always gave my 2 girls everything they needed, and some of what they wanted. Taught them to do for themselves within there age limit,etc. With my oldest daughter I was a single dad, no mom in sight. I needed her to be self sufficient as she could be. Pack her own lunch for school etc. Now I got a 20 y/o that can't take a can of tun fish and turn it into a sammich. I'm kinda :wtf:

it took me 3 or 4 solid sessions to get a handle on what was going on under there
Yep, no doubt car will be not running for a while, I really don't want another non-running car. But I don't want a burned to the ground car either. Most guys don't understand car wiring, so why try to improve on what Mopar put in is beyond me...

Yep, no doubt car will be not running for a while, I really don't want another non-running car. But I don't want a burned to the ground car either. Most guys don't understand car wiring, so why try to improve on what Mopar put in is beyond me...
Mine was a mess, multiple hot leads off the battery, and he was doing good if it had a wire nut on it. I scrapped the harness.

lol I found a boat style battery isolator wired tied up where the drivers airbox would be.

20140910_144120.jpg

mine was mostly about organizing the cluster f**k... no ties, no plastic tubing.. most of it just hanging there

I got a idea of my wiring mess when I started tracing wiring to Alt when Voltage Reg failed. OMG!

When I'm done I can actually look at the diagram I draw as I go and actually understand it. lol

Car has the headlight system with relays, BUT they are not hooked up, just has the headlights plugged in the original way. So I have to figure out why that is. Batt is in trunk, and is mounted in there like crap, need to fix that.

Has two switches that are wired into something but they do nothing that I can see. OUT they go. I think one was put in to disconnect the Charging system for racing. I will get that working again, good for 5-10
HP

The only hard things in wiring to understand is the turn signal circuit. That is what wiring diagrams are for.

The only hard things in wiring to understand is the turn signal circuit. That is what wiring diagrams are for.
mine was FUBAR!! - thankfully they left most of the original wiring in there - just not hooked up - I had to install a directional switch on the steering column.. that was fun..

I spied a bright red '66 Dart Convertible just now. It had the 270 trim on the fenders I think. Didn't get the camera up fast enough and there was too much traffic to loiter.

I did manage to catch this, though:
IMG_8353.JPG

Looks like a Camaro to me. Not sure about the tow vehicle but I imagine it is GM, too.

-
Back