Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mornin, Kids! Almost Thanksgiving. Can you smell the turkey yet? What about the tire smoke? That's later today I hope. I ended up getting the Plastidip in the spray cans because it's all they had. I got black, white, glossifier and metallizer. I have no idea what I am doing, of course. But that is how all of my projects start. I practiced with the black by painting a blower idler pulley and found out it can randomly shoot out a blob which is not good. I think I will heat the cans in a pail of hot water before I do the dash spraying.

Good Morning Memike. What is the rope tied around the tree?
Glad you asked, I have had that thing for near 20 years, it has pulled a few trucks out of a tuff spot and moved a small building with it by wrapping it around it and lifting
My Unk and I was in an old abandon cotton gen and it is the big long belt that ran everything, I believe it is made out of hemp, can't be cotton because it is as it was when we cut it out of the pulley system in an old gen that was well over 60 years old at the time. all my friends know where to come if they need it :thumbsup:

Mornin, Kids! Almost Thanksgiving. Can you smell the turkey yet? What about the tire smoke? That's later today I hope. I ended up getting the Plastidip in the spray cans because it's all they had. I got black, white, glossifier and metallizer. I have no idea what I am doing, of course. But that is how all of my projects start. I practiced with the black by painting a blower idler pulley and found out it can randomly shoot out a blob which is not good. I think I will heat the cans in a pail of hot water before I do the dash spraying.
Yes ! Shake them up well, warm them up to 100 degrees and shake more and I believe you will be happy

I just ran a quart of hot water through the coffee maker into my mug.

Pro Tip:

Put coffee in the filter, THEN turn on the coffee maker.

The thing is with that stuff is you can peel it off easily if you don't like it. I had a friend paint his Mercedes with it

`
Damned sinus bug isn't letting me go to sleep. I think I will stuff some left over pizza into my belly and see if that does it.

I got it too. My ear tubes get blocked then the pain comes. I wake up with a hangover headache. Chewing hum helps, coffee helps, cough drops and steam helps. Twice a year, Spring and Fall.

My oldest son is a head coach for the girls high school B Ball team and he love his job, a bunch of hours this time of year

Need some advice.

as you know, my wife's grandfather passed yesterday. Originally, we were scheduled to go over there as is tradition for Thanksgiving tomorrow. With his passing, no one has even mentioned it, focus right now is on the final arrangements and his final affairs. So we have no idea if the get together is still on for tomorrow or not. If it is, great, if not, I was thinking of surprising my wife by cooking our own Thanksgiving meal for the first time ever for us, the kids and maybe her parents. I have all the items needed already. Question is, would it be inappropriate for me to ask if the family is still planning on doing the original schedule tomorrow?

Tough call, I would think your wife could call , maybe , not sure here bud :(

I think she's more in shell shock at the moment. She's trying to play it off like its nothing but I heard her crying last night in the shower, ended up grabbing a towel, throwing it in the dryer for a couple minutes to warm up and taking it to her but she denied the crying, said it was the radio.......

i mean i dont see how anyone would want to cook with what happened so quickly. I'm just thinking of taking care of it all to give the wife something happy for the week.

`

I got it too. My ear tubes get blocked then the pain comes. I wake up with a hangover headache. Chewing hum helps, coffee helps, cough drops and steam helps. Twice a year, Spring and Fall.

Got it once. In vegas. Flying home, the landing was one of the most painful things i ever experienced.

Part of my job was pressurizing c-130's, hated doing the whole checkout to check the pressure relief valve brought it all the way up on the ground think it was 22 inlb till the valve blew open then it just dumped out the pressure, that can hurt bigtime!

Part of my job was pressurizing c-130's, hated doing the whole checkout to check the pressure relief valve brought it all the way up on the ground think it was 22 inlb till the valve blew open then it just dumped out the pressure, that can hurt bigtime!
ouch.

Yeah, we always had a finger on the switch to pump that up again fast as possible. I like to take around 2 minutes to bring it back to ambient, that even hurt some people.

Need some advice.

as you know, my wife's grandfather passed yesterday. Originally, we were scheduled to go over there as is tradition for Thanksgiving tomorrow. With his passing, no one has even mentioned it, focus right now is on the final arrangements and his final affairs. So we have no idea if the get together is still on for tomorrow or not. If it is, great, if not, I was thinking of surprising my wife by cooking our own Thanksgiving meal for the first time ever for us, the kids and maybe her parents. I have all the items needed already. Question is, would it be inappropriate for me to ask if the family is still planning on doing the original schedule tomorrow?
I hope I'm not too blunt but with grandpa dead, isn't it only natural to ask if the plan is go? It'd be terribly awkward to show up expecting a dinner to a grieving house, no?

Let me throw this out, since I was kind of in the same place when my dad died we just went out for dinner, also kept the memories at bay over everything, worked out ok.

I hope I'm not too blunt but with grandpa dead, isn't it only natural to ask if the plan is go? It'd be terribly awkward to show up expecting a dinner to a grieving house, no?
no you're not. And that is exactly my concern.

-
Back