Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Need some advice.

as you know, my wife's grandfather passed yesterday. Originally, we were scheduled to go over there as is tradition for Thanksgiving tomorrow. With his passing, no one has even mentioned it, focus right now is on the final arrangements and his final affairs. So we have no idea if the get together is still on for tomorrow or not. If it is, great, if not, I was thinking of surprising my wife by cooking our own Thanksgiving meal for the first time ever for us, the kids and maybe her parents. I have all the items needed already. Question is, would it be inappropriate for me to ask if the family is still planning on doing the original schedule tomorrow?

Sorry to hear about your fil...

No, I don't think it's inappropriate to ask what everyone is planning to do for turkey day, you need to make plans and cook a meal... If you don't ask, some people may not know what to do for dinner tomorrow...

My oldest son is a head coach for the girls high school B Ball team and he love his job, a bunch of hours this time of year

My buddy Doug's wife is a cheer leading coach for one of our local high schools... :thumbsup:

fixed... :lol: :poke:

I don't think Chris would send you one of those as it may end up on refrigerator magnets going to people you send parts to.... (It would haunt him forever....) :rolleyes:
Hey my return address labels are this thong pic! Still have never had a return since I started using them!

Need some advice.

as you know, my wife's grandfather passed yesterday. Originally, we were scheduled to go over there as is tradition for Thanksgiving tomorrow. With his passing, no one has even mentioned it, focus right now is on the final arrangements and his final affairs. So we have no idea if the get together is still on for tomorrow or not. If it is, great, if not, I was thinking of surprising my wife by cooking our own Thanksgiving meal for the first time ever for us, the kids and maybe her parents. I have all the items needed already. Question is, would it be inappropriate for me to ask if the family is still planning on doing the original schedule tomorrow?
Morning guys. Nothing wrong with asking. A big meal like Thanksgiving takes time ahead to buy and prepare. Many in your family might not feel like cooking where others may find it therapeutic to cook for the family. The holidays are a tough time without Grandma or grandpa. May be just order pizza's or take out if that's what everybody likes. We have a grocery chain here that sells T-giving meals right down to the pumpkin pie. Lots of options for you all.

Morning guys. Nothing wrong with asking. A big meal like Thanksgiving takes time ahead to buy and prepare. Many in your family might not feel like cooking where others may find it therapeutic to cook for the family. The holidays are a tough time without Grandma or grandpa. May be just order pizza's or take out if that's what everybody likes. We have a grocery chain here that sells T-giving meals right down to the pumpkin pie. Lots of options for you all.
Good point, went ahead and sent the text to ask. figured its a no win situation regardless.

s-l300.jpg
If it is this no problem to run it up.

View attachment 1715113673If it is this no problem to run it up.
looks very similar. will double check.

Move to a real town.... :realcrazy: :poke:

What do you live under a rock??? :D

I live in a small farming county. I live on the northwestern edge of the county. closest town of any size is nearly 15 miles away, through the hills and river bottoms. I love it. Neighbors all get along out here and the closest one is 1/2 mile away, close enough to exchange greetings on occasion and far enough to not care or know what each other is doing. There's less than 15 houses in a 3 mile radius.

looks very similar. will double check.

I live in a small farming county. I live on the northwestern edge of the county. closest town of any size is nearly 15 miles away, through the hills and river bottoms. I love it. Neighbors all get along out here and the closest one is 1/2 mile away, close enough to exchange greetings on occasion and far enough to not care or know what each other is doing. There's less than 15 houses in a 3 mile radius.

Closest town 15 miles away.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl:

I have at least 5 of every national chain store withing a 15 mile radius of me.... :steering: :steering: :steering:

But back when I was born, there were many farms around here and only one grocery store... Now, I there are only 2 corn fields left as most of the farms have been sold and turned into neighborhoods/malls... Things have changed...

But where I am now is across from a forest preserve... There are bike/run trails that now go from just over the border in Indiana to 22 - 26 miles inside of Illinois... Our houses are a comfortable distance apart with .8 acre lots average... Sorta the boonies, but on the edge of the city.... some people in our neighborhood have horse stables as there are bridal paths also through the forest... We've been walking our Dalmatians on them for over 50 years

Last edited:
Closest town 15 miles away.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rofl:

I have at least 5 of every national chain store withing a 15 mile radius of me.... :steering: :steering: :steering:

But back when I was born, there were many farms around here and only one grocery store... Now, I there are only 2 corn fields left as most of the farms have been sold and turned into neighborhoods/malls... Things have changed...

But where I am now is across from a forest preserve... There are bike/run trails that now go from just over the border in Indiana to 22 - 26 miles inside of Illinois... Our houses are a comfortable distance apart with .8 acre lots average... Sorta the boonies, but on the edge of the city.... some people in our neighborhood have horse stables as there are bridal paths also through the forest... We've been walking our Dalmatians on them for over 50 years
yeah and .5 miles from the GDKs and VLs

what are GDK's and VL's???
Inner city gangs.

Gangster Disciple Killers=GDK
ViceLords=VLs

If you ever see graffiti with Tritons, its either the GDKs or the VLs, both use Triton symbols in their graffiti, depending on which direction the triton is pointing.

-
Back