Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had my doubts about 904s when I got my Swinger. When I was a youngster seemed like we were always pulling them out and replacing them with 727s when more performance was desired. I talked to these guys when they were still in SoCal View attachment 1715964649 about the 904s. "We can build a 904 for any amount of power you want to put in front of it." was their response.
And 904's take less horsepower to turn them.

And 904's take less horsepower to turn them.

From what I've read, in the A-bodies at least, the 727s were placed behind the 361 and above motors with the exception of 1964... 318 cu/in and below had the 904 ( A-904; A-904-LA; A-904-G and A-904-A) between 64 and 69

I had my doubts about 904s when I got my Swinger. When I was a youngster seemed like we were always pulling them out and replacing them with 727s when more performance was desired. I talked to these guys when they were still in SoCal View attachment 1715964649 about the 904s. "We can build a 904 for any amount of power you want to put in front of it." was their response.

But can they build a pushbutton 904?

From what I've read, in the A-bodies at least, the 727s were placed behind the 361 and above motors with the exception of 1964... 318 cu/in and below had the 904 ( A-904; A-904-LA; A-904-G and A-904-A) between 64 and 69
My 68 GTS had a 727, that I rebuilt here in my shop.....

She is out and in recovery , only one stint but it was blocked 75 percent blocked, she is by my side eating and giving me orders lol doctor said she will feel a bunch better.

She said to thank all my fabo family for all the caring prayers and thoughts.

Thanks everyone, you all are super friends, never forget you guys

Hey men. Chris if the fluid is not burned I'd first look at the valve body. Could be a stuck valve. Before removing the transmission....and of course adjusting everything....

904 behind my 408 is built stout. Guy is close ish to you. Did a great job. In PA. Fair price....

Hey men. Chris if the fluid is not burned I'd first look at the valve body. Could be a stuck valve. Before removing the transmission....and of course adjusting everything....

Morning Tim

OK cool...I'll do that as soon as I figure out how :rolleyes:. That's the fun right?

Fluid was definitely not burned coming out of the trans. Only negative indicator were the shavings in the pan which was disconcerting.

All the fluids have been clean and clear. Even when I backflushed the heater core, nothing funky at all...coolant color and then ran clear for 15 minutes.

I'm a carburetor guy myself. There seems to be a lot of used ones for sale. Makes you wonder.
It’s because carbs are now bringing a premium in used shape considering Holley and Edelbrock both are 8-12 weeks behind on inventory

He already removed a cable, that’s when this started. So adjusting the cables HAS to be done now.

She is out and in recovery , only one stint but it was blocked 75 percent blocked, she is by my side eating and giving me orders lol doctor said she will feel a bunch better.

genuflect.jpg
Amen! :thumbsup:

Amazing isn't it how fast they get done. It only took the surgeon 30 min to repair my Mom's broken hip. Hi to Treva and you have a great day brother!

Good to hear Mike. They can run those stints up in there pretty quick and from what I have hears the patient get's almost instant relief.

That’s great Mike, we got your back!

Man gotta love it. After school daycare just raised their rates out of the blue, by 60 bucks a kid. Roughly doubling the rate from May. That’s an extra 480 bucks a month :BangHead::BangHead:

it’s getting to the point where it’s cheaper to NOT work

Man gotta love it. After school daycare just raised their rates out of the blue, by 60 bucks a kid. Roughly doubling the rate from May. That’s an extra 480 bucks a month :BangHead::BangHead:

it’s getting to the point where it’s cheaper to NOT work
How many kids you have??? 8????

-
Back