Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, this past week she had an incident with the New car. Not her car, not my car, but her brother's car he bought to use as a transportation service for people in the area. But she is keeping it at our house. She went out the other night to her girlfriend's house and drank beer, and when she got home, around 23:00 this is what I found. :BangHead: :wtf::mad:
1000003724.jpg

Last edited:
So, this past week she had an incident with the New car. Not her car, not my car, but her brother's car he bought to use as a transportation service for people in the area. But she is keeping it at our house. She went out the other night to her girlfriend's house and drank beer, and when she got home, around 23:00 this is what I found. :BangHead: :wtf::mad:
View attachment 1716234885
Glad everybody's ok, hopefully not too much to get fixed.

View attachment 1716234885
Oops!

Glad everybody's ok, hopefully not too much to get fixed.
She is lucky that she did not get stopped on the way home after that by the police. Here in Vietnam, they are very active against drinking and driving. They have a zero BAC tolerance. If you have any alcohol in your system they will take your car or your bike and your license

I guess the good news is, that apparently she did not hit another car or a motorbike. I went over to verify this at her friend's house. Apparently she was parked rather close to the fire hydrant in the picture and she hit it head on as she left....kkkkkkkk
PXL_20240407_053846267.jpg
1000003747.jpg

She is lucky that she did not get stopped on the way home after that by the police. Here in Vietnam, they are very active against drinking and driving. They have a zero BAC tolerance. If you have any alcohol in your system they will take your car or your bike and your license
Never saw them but heard they have alcohol wands in Japan, the wave them in the car and I guess they light up with odor of alcohol then it's a big deal. Hopefully a wake up call for her, would suck to not be able to drive

Not good, but could have been a whole lot of worse explanations!
If you look close you can see the white paint on the fire hydrant. And there is also red or orange paint on that part of the car that was wrecked....

Morning got tired of waking up hourly the last four hours so I'm up with coffee in hand.
Cheryl is off to Kansas City for the day. I had intentions of heading to our woods and cutting brush today, but with 40mph gusts all day I'm staying out of the woods. I need to clean up the two garages so sounds like a plan.

Scott sounds like the car is finally done soon.
I put some money into both my cars up front when we got them and then enjoyed them for several years...no regrets!!
You'll have a lot of fun taking it to shows and as Cheryl and I told people "To enjoy talking and sharing your car with car people".

Good morning everyone. I ran the lawn mower yesterday after work to chop up a bunch of the leaves. Looks much better, lots of work yet. Rain today and Craig's wind tomorrow.

Good morning everyone. I tan the lawn mower yesterday after work to chop up a bunch of the leaves. Looks much better, lots of work yet. Rain today and Craig's wind tomorrow.
Ahh tomorrow we have a veteran's golf tournament...weather 80 degrees with 5-10 mph wind perfect!!

Scott sounds like the car is finally done soon.
I put some money into both my cars up front when we got them and then enjoyed them for several years...no regrets!!
You'll have a lot of fun taking it to shows and as Cheryl and I told people "To enjoy talking and sharing your car with car people".
Hi Craig, good morning. Modifying the steering column is the last piece of the puzzle. Valve covers went on yesterday after more modification. I am picking up the car the week of the 22nd. I will then detail it and get some small things like carpet installed and ready for the shows. :thumbsup:

Hi Craig, good morning. Modifying the steering column is the last piece of the puzzle. Valve covers went on yesterday after more modification. I am picking up the car the week of the 22nd. I will then detail it and get some small things like carpet installed and ready for the shows. :thumbsup:
Outstanding! Congratulations and I do hope you update us with pictures and possibly a list of everything you have done, do you a a restoration thread ?

Morning Y'all...

If anyone our there needs motivation so they don't feel like a slacker, they need to read this thread. You guys are constantly getting at it.

Cardio day in the basement gym.

Morning everyone! I was planning on emptying the scrap pile today but it's pouring rain. But now I'm wondering if wet scrap will weigh a couple extra pounds

Outstanding! Congratulations and I do hope you update us with pictures and possibly a list of everything you have done, do you a a restoration thread ?
Thanks Mike. :thumbsup:

-
Back