Stuff I do while Truckin

-
Laredo to Tuscaloosa Alabama View attachment 1715104547[/QUOTE
Keep it real out there BD, or should I say Z man zooming across America ..

image:10657.jpg

I gave some thought to being a truck driver when I was growing up. My stepfather taught me how to drive a rig when I was 12. We had a 74 Kenworth conventional with a twin turbo Cat in it. Man that thing RIPPED without a trailer on it! I do have a question about driving: Do you really feel a sense of freedom by being out on the road all the time? I feel really couped up at my job and wonder if I should have pursued it as a career. But, I do like going home at the end of the day! Do you live in your truck?
I feel cooped up in my truck.The money isn't like it use to be.Our socalist facing country is taking our freedoms.I just lost about 700 buck a week with these E Logs.I'm waiting on my wife to graduate collage and I'm done.My health is bad my truck is old,and I'm hateing everyone!If they would hit a tree it wouldn't bother me.

What kind of tank is that?
We call it a pig.It holds several loads of powdered cement or lyme.When they are on a good pour they fill the pig up to keep up with demand when they can't get a truck on time.Or trucks can blow off in the pig so they don't have to wait in production!

Had to buy a parking spot in Slidell LA at the TA truckstop.There were only 4 reserved spots left.I got here at dark!Can't move till Monday.Mississippi and Alabama has no traveling on Sunday

It used to be after noon on Sat until Monday for oversize loads or heavy equipment but I haven't noticed them enforce it lately. Wish your layover had been in T-town while I had sometime off. Maybe another time you are passing thru, Joe

g our freedoms.I just lost about 700 buck a week with these E Logs
Same thing happened to me. My truck is on the auction block right now. Good riddance.

'm waiting on my wife to graduate collage and I'm done.

Good move. I sold a house a while back and my wife used some of the money for a degree. Best move I ever made, in anticipation of all the trucking regulations. I thought the laws were supposed to be written by people we elect.

sorry I missed seeing you when you came thru but thanks for the phone call, Joe

I thought the laws were supposed to be written by people we elect.

In the truckers laws that are written, they are probably done by a bunch of biscuit eaters sitting around a table and have never had to make a living..........living out of a truck.

-
Back