Tesla roadster: 8.8 1/4 from the factory.

-
Car Goals

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3088.JPG

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

If I could buy an EV/hybrid kit that retrofits an A-body, that allowed me to sip gas daily, but also dig out of corners will AWD and generally just drive like a total ***, I would do it, without question.
The infrastructure(and willingness to support) and technology isn't quite there for full electric in my opinion. I think the next step for "every day driving" will be a small displacement, turbo charged, hybrid.

I guess I'm not reading where the speed of the Telsa is being denied. What it runs, it runs. For $200k, it better do something :D Nope, I have no shame to loosing a race to an EV. And if it takes the world to new wonders and in 20 years and we all drive an EV, then so be it.
But.....
  • to say one enjoys a gas engine more, then that is their right and choice of opinion. It's not denying anything.
  • And to say people "better get used to it or be a fossil" is just ridiculous. NOBODY knows for sure IF EV's will be the way of the future.
  • What will the electric vehicle offer to compete with the new Diesels that do heavy duty farm work? Maybe someday something better, but do we know? Any of us? ....No
  • I do know this; for an EV to be competitive, they'll need one that performs, cost, and be as reliable for 10 years to 200,000++ miles as the gasoline cars are now.
  • EV..... Gasoline.... Solar.... Hydrogen... :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy: .... it may very well be public transport if we don't keep an eye on Washington! :D
P.S. - the article sounds like a "works in the making", concept, 2020...?? Again, let's wait and see.

These Teslas are like the Chick working out tirelessly w/sculpted gams, looks like a million, costs it, and great fun 'till after You get Her in the sack,.....then You discover.....
You've got the Jack.................

Electric vehicles are already here, and in large numbers. Driving wheels with electric motors has long been proven to be better than mechanical drives. The 100% electric vehicle is only waiting on battery technology to catch up to be pervasive.

Diesel electric trains have been around for decades. Why? Because electric drive motors are far superior. Instant torque, infinitely variable and total control. Whether the electricity comes from batteries or onboard fossil fuel generators doesn't change that. Hybrid cars do the same. Ships use electric thrusters.

Anyone who thinks EV drive and 100% EV vehicles aren't the way the entire vehicle industry is going simply isn't paying attention to technology development. It will be in everything (and already is in many) from ships, trains, automobiles, farm equipment, fork trucks to all the rest.

Internal combustion mechanical drive systems are only 38% efficient and electric systems far surpass them.

It isn't a question of "if"...

Electric vehicles are already here, and in large numbers. Driving wheels with electric motors has long been proven to be better than mechanical drives. The 100% electric vehicle is only waiting on battery technology to catch up to be pervasive.

Diesel electric trains have been around for decades. Why? Because electric drive motors are far superior. Instant torque, infinitely variable and total control. Whether the electricity comes from batteries or onboard fossil fuel generators doesn't change that. Hybrid cars do the same. Ships use electric thrusters.

Anyone who thinks EV drive and 100% EV vehicles aren't the way the entire vehicle industry is going simply isn't paying attention to technology development. It will be in everything (and already is in many) from ships, trains, automobiles, farm equipment, fork trucks to all the rest.

Internal combustion mechanical drive systems are only 38% efficient and electric systems far surpass them.

Trains are a great example......
We make transmission components for Ford, ZF, and Chrysler. We are very much in tune, projecting, and watching what may or may not happen with the EV program. Transmissions as we know them will not be a part of a 100% EV.
  • But in the end, and make NO MISTAKE about it, it will be the consumers that drive the market. PERIOD. Example, look at the hybrids, when gasoline was at all time highs, 60 mpg was attractive but still didn't reign the market. Gas prices get cut in half, and people want huge pickups, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros, because Americans want what Americans want. So that is why I say "lets wait and see", because EV are NOT new by any means, but selling it to the consumers hook, line and sinker is new..

This isn't a question as to electric motor vs internal combustion, this is a question of bogus enviro-driven fantasies. The technology hasn't caught up yet, and the logistics
haven't either. If everybody traded their cars in today, and plugged in their EV's tonight, the power grids would probably suffer brown-outs. Question for You, You get home
after a long commute from work, plug the car in with about 20% left in the cell. Sit down for dinner, anticipating a nice hot shower when the phone rings. It's Your Son-in-
law, Your pregnant Daughter's water broke & She's bleeding profusely, She's been taken by ambulance to the nearest Hospital. You and Your Wife want to go immediately
to the Hospital, a 5 1/2 hour ride away,......Your car is gonna get You maybe an hour away..............tick tock tick tock..............................................

This isn't a question as to electric motor vs internal combustion, this is a question of bogus enviro-driven fantasies. The technology hasn't caught up yet, and the logistics
haven't either. If everybody traded their cars in today, and plugged in their EV's tonight, the power grids would probably suffer brown-outs. Question for You, You get home
after a long commute from work, plug the car in with about 20% left in the cell. Sit down for dinner, anticipating a nice hot shower when the phone rings. It's Your Son-in-
law, Your pregnant Daughter's water broke & She's bleeding profusely, She's been taken by ambulance to the nearest Hospital. You and Your Wife want to go immediately
to the Hospital, a 5 1/2 hour ride away,......Your car is gonna get You maybe an hour away..............tick tock tick tock..............................................
You'd do the same thing that you would do if your car had broken down. You would rent of borrow another vehicle, take a bus or something similar. if those options aren't available, then you charge up the car and get there when you can.

To the post # 49 get in the other ev in the garage and go .
After all in this fantasy most people will have more then one car like they do now.

SO My EV is officially broken down every evening after a day of normal operation,...............:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'll leave it there.........................................................

Pieces of **** like everything else they build..got a Tesla repair facility close by laugh at all the flatbeds going there every day with Tesla shitboxes for repairs..

Would never want one myself. Got a friend who argues its so environmentally friendly... Yeah minus all the mining and manufacturing to make the batteries...

Bla bla bla. My slant six Duster would spank one.... let’s race to Cali and back.

-
Back