-
That's more like it. I like it :)

Well, the new plan is:
2006 Magnum R/T 5.7L hemi
retaining the factory fuel injection
Factory Ram computer
Ram 1500 5 speed auto
2800 stall TCI converter
Waiting on a lot of the parts in the mail right now, just need to buy the fuel system set up to complete all the parts I need.

Still using:
HDK with coilover suspension
R&P Manual steering
Hotchkis rear suspension (already installed with spring offset kit)

Got a little visit from UPS guy today. TCI Breakaway converter, 2800 stall:

Attachments

• converter.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 787
Well, the new plan is:
2006 Magnum R/T 5.7L hemi
retaining the factory fuel injection
Factory Ram computer
Ram 1500 5 speed auto
2800 stall TCI converter
Waiting on a lot of the parts in the mail right now, just need to buy the fuel system set up to complete all the parts I need.

Still using:
HDK with coilover suspension
R&P Manual steering
Hotchkis rear suspension (already installed with spring offset kit)

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for parts. Great plan. I approve :)

Check out the photo I put up on my build. You know how patina is in fashion, well this photo editing trick takes that to another level.

JR, the car is coming along great!!! I seen the pic of the car on blocks with the rear tires on ( I know of another dart that is in the same state) Lol. Once I figure out how to get my pics resized, I'll start my build page:) keep the pics coming!!

Thanks Carl. I am looking forward to read your build. You keeping the cam or going bigger?

I just bought these today for my Dart. They are Jeep SRT8 manifolds and work perfect for the A-Body Hemi swap:

Attachments

• manifolds.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 722
Likely a lot less than Dougs or TTI.

Nice. I may try out the cheapo Summit headers... maybe that makes me a cheapo.

Nice build! It seems to be coming along nicely! Any more info on those headlights? I can't seem to find them on ANZO's website. I would really like a set if they are safe and don't break the bank. Any pics of them on, and maybe what they look like in the dark? I like the look of halos and I think they would look great on a dart. How did you wire the halos in? Are they on a separate switch, or wired into the marker lights?

I also did the 8.8 swap. Very cheap alternative, and works great!

I have not ran the headlights at night since the install being the car is apart. I did turn them on at night, and they are definitely, obviously brighter than stock. I have the halos hooked to the marker lights now, but will put on there own switch. They come with their own resistors, glass lenses, and CCFL halos (very bright). I did glue a little 3/16" spacer on the back around the rim to make for a snug fit. The headlights are on the Jegs website. I googled the part number and had them price match for $41.29. Here is the jegs link:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Anzo/018/8610...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLD-5t-l0bkCFZOe4AodSEAAIA

and here the link I used to price match:
http://www.xloffroad.com/anzo-usa-861069-universal-halogen-headlight-replacement.html#.Uje0j9KsiQI

Got any pics of your painted up HDK?

Here is a picture of the powerplant getting prepped:

Attachments

• hemi.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 980
I got the Hemi Denny K-Frame all bolted in and measured for the coil overs. Here is how the stance will be when finished. I will be running 245/45/17's up front, which are 3/4" sorter than the 215/65/15 that are on the front now. And 1.2" shorter than the 18's that are on the back.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 579
Lookin good. Way ahead of me.
What did you order for coilovers?

just spittballing....

w/ the QA1's...I like the DS403. Keep in mind as the car is moving /accelerating, the front normally raises appox 3/4" to a 1".

you very likely can stuff the DS501 in there, however, I like the compressed spec/length of 11-1/8 on the 403 for your application.

I think your initial spring selection is right on the mark

Denny,
Any thoughts on mono vs twin? What would "steer" you one way or the other?

I've got a 27" tire up front, almost the same as the rear, so may need a little taller shock.

JR, do you know your intended ride height measured from the frame behind the front tire? Just curious how we are going to compare. I'm planning about 7".

Hey Denny, I just emailed you also. QA1 recommended no ball joint boot for your set up.... does this make sense to you?

Hey Denny, I just emailed you also. QA1 recommended no ball joint boot for your set up.... does this make sense to you?

not really.....did they say why?

the ONLY reason I can think they would say that is because they do not have a boot for the extended ones. not putting a boot on it ...race or street is foolish in my opinion. The grease will draw dirt/dust like a magnet.

I had the extended ball joints on my car all last years. I made some 1" long X 3/4"id spacers that slid over the lower part to hold the boot up. just a little hot rod ingenuity.....some would call it ******* engineering

Denny,
Any thoughts on mono vs twin? What would "steer" you one way or the other?

I've got a 27" tire up front, almost the same as the rear, so may need a little taller shock.

JR, do you know your intended ride height measured from the frame behind the front tire? Just curious how we are going to compare. I'm planning about 7".

mono vs twin??? are you talking dampening?

on the HemiDemon.....with a 25" tall tire (P215/65/R15) 15" X 6.5" rim with 3-5/8" backspacing) the center of the upper fender lip is exactly 25" off the ground, that put the front of his front framerail right at 6.5 on one side.....6-3/8 on the other.

-
Back