What is with people Today?

-

t-granger

Reaction score
So I want to pose this question to all, to get your opinions.

Why is it that when you do business with someone now a days, and that person says they will call you back they Never do?

Perhaps it is because I am from California and have lived there for most of my life and now live in Texas, but it seems like no matter what I do, or what I buy the person I am dealing with will say that they will call me back, and I end up calling them back days later.

And what excuse do I get for them not returning my call? "You were on the list of people for me to call" What list? Where was I at on the list? The bottom, and when were you going to call me, just this side of never?

Even when I offer someone a free couch, in good shape they still do not call me back. I am buying a Fifth wheel and yet still no call back from the salesman regarding the final price, I had to call.

Perhaps I am too impatient, but after two days hey call me especially when you said you would call me later that day, 2 days ago.

OK my wife is calling me so I gotta go, but lets hear from you what does everyone else think about this issue.

Am I too impatient or are people getting lazy?

LOL Ya put your # up will all call you.

3 am in Texas

Ring Ring Ring

t-granger- Hello.

Burnt- What ya thinking?

I get that alot but i have done it to . I will go on doing some thing and forget im good at that lol

People aren't getting lazy, they are getting stupid! Take a better look around at other people when you go to large events or when your in a crowded city you will see what I mean.

Yeah! I hate selling anything anymore. People tell you they really what it
( whatever it is). Say I'll call you back. I always call back, or e mail back.
Been going on over a month trying to sell my Volare wagon.
The guy says he wants it, but never gets back.
Last I heard was; I'm on vacation. A week ago!
About ready to say to H*ll with it.

I remember a saying from a while back; I love mankind, it's people I hate!
:protest:

I got the same treatment when I bought my motorcycle. I know how you feel. I would went somewhere else but heck I would have got treated the same way more than likely. I had a friend years ago and we was going to go out crusing around in his Nova. He told me he would be over in a little while. I waited and waited and he never showed. I asked him the day after what happened and he said he got caught up doing something else. WTF!!

I learned then not to let people hang. At least give them a call and tell them whats going on.

I think it is that people are too big of pussies to tell you the truth. They don't have the balls to be honest and tell you, "I am not interested", or "I can't afford it" or "I changed my mind" (what little there is of it)...

They think that they look better stringing you along and playing the "I'll call you later" game.

Or some people just think that it is not "politically correct" to tell you the truth that they do not even intend to call you back.

Also, keep in mind that "common sense" is not common any more... Sad...

Also respecting other's property has gone also. When we grew up you were taught to respect others property and treat it better than if it were yours. Now it's the "if I can't have one myself, I will ruin/break/damage his..." Their jealous *** thinks that if they can't have one, nobody else deserves it also.

I see it all the time, it's like people have given up on life. Zero motivation for some people.

I think it is that people are too big of pussies to tell you the truth. They don't have the balls to be honest and tell you, "I am not interested", or "I can't afford it" or "I changed my mind" (what little there is of it)...

They think that they look better stringing you along and playing the "I'll call you later" game.

Or some people just think that it is not "politically correct" to tell you the truth that they do not even intend to call you back.

Also, keep in mind that "common sense" is not common any more... Sad...

Also respecting other's property has gone also. When we grew up you were taught to respect others property and treat it better than if it were yours. Now it's the "if I can't have one myself, I will ruin/break/damage his..." Their jealous *** thinks that if they can't have one, nobody else deserves it also.

Definitely.

I also agree that you should not mention that you're from California. People do that all of the time around here, like I'm supposed to somehow realize that they are smarter or superior to me in some way, and bow to their wishes. Are you saying that Texans don't have integrity, and Californians do?

Hey man, your In Texas now..life is a little...slower...laid back....heck, it takes 'em 6 hours to cook a brisket! Its the digital age, Get with the program! Im waiting on a guy to get back with me on a sale and its been 5 days, WTF?

I agree with the calling back issue, as well as the 'not emailing back' issue. I have a 70 Duster up on Craigslist, UsedNanaimo, etc etc, and I get emails all the time about parts. Each person that emails says "I'm REALLLLLY interested, get back to me as soon as possible with more pictures blah blah blah". I go out of my way to get pictures of specified parts, and I don't even get a response after I send the pics. I even email them back once or twice asking, "Hey, you still interested in the parts?" .. Nothing back. F YOU! Just email back saying you're not interested, or you can't afford it!! Gah.

Wow, I think I hit a nerve and yes everyone is right people are stupid and lazy and like to string others along even though they cannot afford the item.
As for common sense I agree I think it is a thing of the past.

I guess I should tell people to text me back, it seems like they would rather text than talk. Maybe then I would get a faster response back.

There is nothing better than people watching and here in Texas you get all kinds of people and you wonder how they have made it this far.

I mean I have done stupid things sometimes, but they should just not breed.

And by the way Burnt I never tell people I am from California anymore they seem to think different of you because I was from the "Big City" I don't want to tell them that were I lived SoCal an average day of traffic is 20 worse than they have ever driven.

OOh yea and my phone number is *** *** **** I scrambled it all you need to do is
wait wife is calling got to go.

Definitely.

I also agree that you should not mention that you're from California. People do that all of the time around here, like I'm supposed to somehow realize that they are smarter or superior to me in some way, and bow to their wishes. Are you saying that Texans don't have integrity, and Californians do?

It is not about integrity it is about your word. If I say I am going to call you back in an hour then even if I have no new news I am going to call you back in an hour.
No state is better than the other, people do not hold their word anywhere in the world anymore.

That is all I am saying.

Last summer I wanted my driveway re-done. Called four different businesses and left messages with the person who answered the phone. Each of them said someone would call me back. Never heard a word from any of 'em. Two weeks later I called four others. Of those, two called me back and scheduled estimates. One showed up. Guess who got the work. And this is supposed to be a time when people can't find work....?

A few days ago I called a business and told them I wanted to purchase about $240.00 worth of their product. The girl on the phone said one of their representatives would call me back when they got the job worked up. Two days later, no call. So, I called them. The girl apologized and said they were just too busy to get to it and woul definitely call me the next day. Two days later I was driving by the store so I thought I'd just stop in to see what they had figured out. When I went in there were four girls in the office who noticed I was there but never acknowledged that I was present. Each worked there way out of the area. I stood there for a few minutes and got tired of waiting so I looked around the other door into the work area. There were all four girls examining the new tattoo on one of the girls legs and then spending several minutes joking about Jamie's party. Too busy to work up the final product for me. Tomorrow I'll try another shop and see if I have any better results!

It is not about integrity it is about your word. If I say I am going to call you back in an hour then even if I have no new news I am going to call you back in an hour.
No state is better than the other, people do not hold their word anywhere in the world anymore.

That is all I am saying.

Yeah - I don't know what is up with that either. I need to get back into the service industry side of things. I deal with "mom and pop" suppliers, all sorts of vendors and multi-national corporations. All the same. It almost seems like I have to beg people to take money these days. No one follows up on leads, few follow through on promises. You get a quote with a four week lead time and six weeks later you are on the phone trying to get them to ship product on an open PO. Don't they want the business?

I used to run a shop. We would have customers drop a car off in the morning then call them back with a quote typically by lunch time. If a customer wanted a quote over the phone I would write down notes on my notepad, run the numbers, check parts availability, then call them back. All these digital devices were supposed to make all this easier. What happened? I never had trouble keeping track of getting back to my customers on my "big chief" tablet.

If you're dealing with Craigslist AKA Flakeslist I totally understand.

I was looking at a few things on Craigslist and found a Jeep that I was pretty excited about, emailed the guy a few times, he sent pictures the pics showed a rougher Jeep than I thought. The screamin' deal became an okay deal, and I lost interest. What'd I do? I emailed the guy, thanked him for his time, but decided to go in a different direction. His response, he emailed back and thanked me. I was really glad I didn't just look at the pics and hit delete.

I make it a point now to answer EVERY email from an actual human that sends me one.

So I think a few things are happening.

1. When doing stuff over the internet, things are impersonal so people are often rude even when they don't want mean to be. For me personally, I love to do business over the interwebz, I can do it at 3:00 AM, I can write EXACTLY what I want. But, I won't deal with a company that doesn't respond to emails, in a timely manner.

2. Companies only compete on price, quality and especially service isn't valued by many (notice I didn't say all), so companies force down prices by hiring people who don't care, end result calls not returned.

3. Companies don't hire enough people. Again they are competing only on price, not price, quality and service. So they don't hire enough people to service their customers effectively. Ever shop at Wal-Mart (I try not to but occasionally go in to the store) it's always a disaster, messy isles can't find anything, no one to help you, but hey its f-ing cheap. Wal-mart won't pay for enough quality employees and it shows. Unfortunately that seems to be the predominate business model in the US now.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Take control. Doesn't always work, but tell people, if you want to do business, call me tomorro between noon and 5 p.m., I'm not taking calls after that.

LMAO ! Very well put ! I gotta tell ya', I've had several dealings on the A and B body sites and less the 50% actually do what they say.

For example; I posted a complete 340 4spd set up (flywheel; bellhsg; etc) here for $500 plus $125 to crate and ship everything.

I recevied 7 PM's with everyone wanting the stuff - but no one returned my emails when I tried to follow up.

KK, you're on the money; it doesn't cost a dime to simply say, "sorry but I just can't swing it" or "I'll send you a deposit to show you I'm for real", or...

I think it's rooted in maturity - or the lack thereof. Thanks for the rant forum. I feel much better now... ~{:>)

Southernman

So get this something new happened.

I called 5 different companies 2 weeks ago to try and find a brick person to do some repairs on my house. (Gotta love Texas, houses move and bricks break) anyways one company sent me a text saying they were not available until October. That's Right I said a TEXT, who does that?
Another guy called me Monday week later saying hey you just called regarding brick work.
I told he "no stupid I called two weeks ago, I am spending my money somewhere else thanks"

So that is my steam I think I blew it all out. Glad to see that everyone else is dealing with stupid lazy people and companies.

That is my .02 worth

Good luck to everyone with common sense, like Social Security it seems to be running out.

-
Back