Whats my Dart worth?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I ask this question for two reasons. I had to put a price on my Dart for Hagerty insurance. Also several people have asked me it it was for sale and I always says yes you just have to want it more than me. I wanted some honest real numbers on what you think my car is actually worth?

68 Dart 270
Cali car
All custom Interior
Built 727 (tranzact) MRVB
PTC 9.5" TC
STR (Tshell k frame)
Wilwoods on all fours
QA1 single adj coil overs
custom tri four link nascar 9" 3.50 gears, detroit locker, strange carrier
325/50/15 & 26x6 tires
Billet specialties wheels
35% tint
Champion radiator 3 row custom fan shroud
complete aeromotive full return fuel system with 20 gal cell eliminator pump, efi bypass reg, 100 micron and 10 micron filter.
All black AN hoses and black AN fitting on everything
Remote mroso oil filter
TTi motor mounts
TTi headers 2" primary
TTi 3" exhaust X pipe with Borla mufflers
6.1 forged Hemi
6.1 ported heads, 625 pac springs, titanium retainers, locks, etc.
Custom comp cam 229/234 598 lift 113las
2.8 Kenne Bell supercharger
On pump gas the car makes 650 rwhp

Ton of fabrication and custom parts.
[ame=http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t73/jbellyus/?action=view&current=88a95a76.mp4]
th_88a95a76.jpg
[/ame]
a169755d.jpg

e7153c6e.jpg

8ee11351.jpg

72a412d5.jpg

02c39f8c.jpg

a86305b3.jpg

4623287f.jpg

f7272367.jpg

c826e652.jpg

940549a7.jpg

Your car is much nicer than mine. I have an agreed value policy with Hagerty for 30k. You have to consider what it would cost to replace it including your time.It doesnt have to match what it would sell for.

I just insured mine with Grundy for 50K. They were much cheaper than Hagerty.

Attachments

• TinCup's.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 352
Insure it for what you have in it, I'm sure it is a lot. These cars are not cheap to build.

Yep, parts and a good guess on labor at say $25-$30 hr.
I once had a piece of jewelry appraised and was told it would retail for $1,200 then they proceded to tell me they wouldn't put a insurance value any less then $5,000. OK?
As far as resale value, who knows? Could go to a auction and bring 20k or 80k, if someone really had to have it.
I love the car and if i had the coin to buy i would certainly make it worth your while. I'm sure, if you wanted to sell, and could be patient the right buyer would be out there for you.

what is it worth?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right around 24k

insurance value....40k

I think i see what's going on here. You've put alot of money and time into this build and it's finished and now your second guessing yourself. STOP IT. You have build withdrawal syndrome. You just went on a road trip and even with the minor hickup you enjoyed the sh*t out of it. Unless your family circumstances have changed and you have to sell, just crack open a beer and sit in the garage for a while and admire the work of art you created, which it is! If that doesn't satisfy you enough you can always start another project. Sincerely, Rick:D

No I'm not 2nd guessing myself, but this was a 5 yr project. Now that it's finished I don't anything to do. I enjoy the car through and through but always get asked what I have in it or what I'd sell it for. I don't have any plans to off the car anytime soon unless someone makes me an offer I can refuse.

I just insured mine with Grundy for 50K. They were much cheaper than Hagerty.

Did you ask them about driving it. I didn't go with them because you can't jump in the car and go for a Sunday drive if you want.

Really dig the car but its a difficult question, how's the fit and finish of the car? What steps were taken when it was painted? ie...stripped, scuffed or just sprayed over the old paint?

A side question?? Why no O/D trans?

Professionally painted.. Again this was a Cali car so there was literally no rust. It was taken all the was down. I wanted to get the car on the road so I opted 727, which last wkend cruising 70 mph my Rpms were @ 3000

I wouldn't let it go for less than $35k+. Probably half of the build cost

I wouldn't let it go for less than $35k+. Probably half of the build cost

while the car is bad-arse, it is a limited market, and value. if someone is going to spend 25k + on one of these a bodies, they are more inclinded to buy a true gts or another type of high performance from the factory car.
while the e bodies still bring great money modded to personal taste, alot of the a bodies do not bring that kind of money.
i will say they start to top out, so to speak.
i know he has alot into this car, and it shows, but if i was going to buy one already done, and it had a price tag of 35k, and the new challenger has a price tag of not too much more. you know what would be sold. by putting the modern engine in the car, it takes alot of nastlgia away from it, to be more modern, and at that price, people will just want the whole car to be modern!.
id buy a numbers correct gts or cuda, or something along thosae lines

I would agree with the 45-50 range and would at least talk to Grundy. I have both mine with them and no complaints. I had talked with others and when the others got pics they wanted to add extra charges for the 499 cu in, wheels, custom interior among other things. When I called Grundy I told them everything the others wanted to charge extra for and asked if it was a problem with them and they said no. I told him I didn't want to waste his time or mine if it was. He told me that the way he looked at it was "If you haven't torn it up in 30 plus years since it was new you damn sure won't after investing this much money in it". They up coverage as needed, Joe

Professionally painted.. Again this was a Cali car so there was literally no rust. It was taken all the was down. I wanted to get the car on the road so I opted 727, which last wkend cruising 70 mph my Rpms were @ 3000

It's worth what someone is willing to pay...... I scored this 68 Barracuda with Hillborn Fuel injection for a very nice price.

IMG_0360-1.jpg

IMG_0338-1.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

while the car is bad-arse, it is a limited market, and value. if someone is going to spend 25k + on one of these a bodies, they are more inclinded to buy a true gts or another type of high performance from the factory car.
while the e bodies still bring great money modded to personal taste, alot of the a bodies do not bring that kind of money.
i will say they start to top out, so to speak.
i know he has alot into this car, and it shows, but if i was going to buy one already done, and it had a price tag of 35k, and the new challenger has a price tag of not too much more. you know what would be sold. by putting the modern engine in the car, it takes alot of nastlgia away from it, to be more modern, and at that price, people will just want the whole car to be modern!.
id buy a Tnumbers correct gts or cuda, or something along thosae lines[Quote

Seen probably 20 New Challengers rollin around in the last week, none had the mix of nostalgia and cool-factor as USCG's dart does.

Thx for the kind words fellas... Honestly I don't think I can let it go for less than $55. My buddy sold his last yr for $45 identical to mine minus the forged 6.1, ported heads, and kenne bell. His was a stock 6.1.

-
Back