Where does Santa hide stuff untill the big day?

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
At our place, he packs the trunk of the Fury. Who'd have thought Santa has a B5 blue sled? It's the only time of the year my wife actually likes the car. She tolerates my hobby well.

no need to hide it here
i have always explained to our kids that Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and even though we celebrate it by giving gifts to our children, they know these gifts are purchased by us, the parents

(my oldest is 6, youngest is 3)

now, i do need to hide some gifts for the missus, but they are usually not too terribly big

No doubt at our place that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and the only reason for the season. But if we don't hide them, our 8 yr old will find them and ruin his own surprise as well as his little sister's. Besides, it's fun.

No doubt at our place that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and the only reason for the season. But if we don't hide them, our 8 yr old will find them and ruin his own surprise as well as his little sister's. Besides, it's fun.

you want to talk about ruining the surprise...my sister doesnt share my faith

last october my oldest and her oldest (who is just a few months younger then mine) had a sleep over at my parents house
she came down crying the next morning because my boy filled her in on the fact about santa
(i had never thought they would discus that, this early in the winter, otherwise i would have told him to keep it on the down lo)

having said all that, our kids dont really go hunting for presents (not like i did, i used to tear the house up) so pretty much anywhere in our room is safe
but if i felt the need to really keep them out, i would put it in the "armory" which is basically a walk in closest with a locked door and lined with lockers

I found out that the stores do a pretty good job of keeping them safe, so we just let them keep em (forever) :D

The trunk of my Dart is working out nicely right now.
But my grand daughters biggest gift is sitting out in front of her and she hasn't even noticed yet. I just put a fender cover and a few tools on the top of the box, she's ignored it.

The trunk of my Dart is working out nicely right now.
But my grand daughters biggest gift is sitting out in front of her and she hasn't even noticed yet. I just put a fender cover and a few tools on the top of the box, she's ignored it.
You know you can't keep ponies in a box, right?

Don't need to now that the kids are all grown and gone. But years ago we used to hide them in the trunk of the '69 340 Swinger I owned back then - I had the only key so no worries about snoopers.
Another great place we used, but it required more work, was the return air vent for the forced air furnace in the house. We'd remove the vent grill cover, hide the presents inside, and then reinstall the vent cover.
One year I bought my then-wife an antique treadle sewing machine. I simply put it out in the garage, threw an old blanket over it and put a few car parts and tools on top. She never bothered to move the stuff and peak under the blanket. Didn't have a clue until Christmas morning.

Always hide the wife's birthday, anniversary and Christmas presents in the trunk of the Dart but once the cover is on they just go inside behind the front seat. I broke one during the summer couple years back when I had the Dart out for some exercise!

Like Christopher Walken's character in Pulp Fiction......up his ***?

there is only one Santa, and none of you are him. he shows up to our house sometime after midnite in a 65 440 powered pickup via the shop.

there is only one Santa, and none of you are him. he shows up to our house sometime after midnite in a 65 440 powered pickup via the shop.
Well might not be him...but there is more then one member on here who looks like him

Don't need to now that the kids are all grown and gone. But years ago we used to hide them in the trunk of the '69 340 Swinger I owned back then - I had the only key so no worries about snoopers.
Another great place we used, but it required more work, was the return air vent for the forced air furnace in the house. We'd remove the vent grill cover, hide the presents inside, and then reinstall the vent cover.
One year I bought my then-wife an antique treadle sewing machine. I simply put it out in the garage, threw an old blanket over it and put a few car parts and tools on top. She never bothered to move the stuff and peak under the blanket. Didn't have a clue until Christmas morning.
I bought my grand daughter a trampoline, the box is huge and heavy. its just sitting in the garage next to the Duster with a fender cover and and I put a couple of tools on top. She's walked past it every day since Thanksgiving and hasn't even noticed.

I hide them in the duster until wrapped, then they go into my enclosed trailer.
I had a step son that would un-wrap his presents and re-wrap them when he was a kid, he was ticked when he could not find them one year.

my wife has a old sheet over some boxes of school stuff (Kindergarten teacher)in the garage.I put her present under the sheet :)

-
Back