Which adjustable shocks?

-

SSG_Karg

Enhanced member
Reaction score
Sugestions on "entry level" adjustable rear shocks. For Duster with stock leaf springs, 4 speed, and 10.5 slicks. Budget is under $200. Thanks.

I have a set of those on another vintage car I have. And I like them. But on our Detroit iron an external adjustable Rancho (believe it or not) micro adjustable rear shock (RS99116) that fits the platform is prob the hot ticket. I use them with my full CalTracs set up on my Dart & cant fault 'em.

Cheap, Competition Engineering within budget easy. Generally they can be used effectively.
Step up, QA1
Top shelf, Viking

Cheap, Competition Engineering within budget easy. Generally they can be used effectively.
Step up, QA1
Top shelf, Viking

Agreed. Not looking for top shelf for a street car that only sees the track 6 or 8 times a year. Just a nice shock with some adjustability that won't break my wallet. I am still leaning towards the Konis listed above. If someone has experience with these on an Abody, speak up.

Thanks for the input guys. Researched a few different options and went with the Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks RS99116. Got a pair on eBay for a "good" price.

you running a slick they will be ok but if its a radial there not good

Yes, I air down to 19psi at the strip and dead hook.

60391970-DSC07017.jpg

-
Back