White Castle burgers..?

-
Krystal has them beat slap to heck and back. Sorry.

Used to be one in downtown Pittsburgh YEARS ago. Folks took us there when I was knee high, was confused about the shrunkin size. I see a few as I drive around the east coast but cant say I have tried them since my youth.
On the subject of lethal "nuclear waste producing food", we have a local greasy spoon home cookin restaurant in my home town. I like a good bowl of home made soup for lunch,with just a glass of ice water. The first time they had ham and bean, I ate 2 bowls it was so good! At 3:00, I got the cold sweats and the disturbance in the force was physically distorting my abdomen ON THE OUTSIDE! I really thought I was having a heart attack, had to go home, unbuckle, hit the recliner and eat half a bottle of Gavascon chewables.

The first time they had ham and bean, I ate 2 bowls it was so good! At 3:00, I got the cold sweats and the disturbance in the force was physically distorting my abdomen ON THE OUTSIDE! I really thought I was having a heart attack, had to go home, unbuckle, hit the recliner and eat half a bottle of Gavascon chewables.

Ahhahahahahahaaaaaaa

Funny you should ask. No White Castles here in Oregon, but we, here in Medford just got the first In-N-Out in Oregon! The line as of last night at 7PM was over 50 cars long and it's been like that or more since it opened about a month ago, I've only been once but not because I don't want to go more often. Any A body guy's who'd like to meet for a burger-n- fries? lots of parking at the mall right next door.

Never went to white castle. I don't eat burgers hardly ever. I got a craving for one on Friday, bought it back to the shop and gave some to a mouse that would practically eat out of your hand. Woke up at 3 am sick as a dog. Went to the shop Monday morning and the mouse was dead, apparently he died of food poisoning.

Krystal has them beat slap to heck and back. Sorry.

I always thought krystal and while castle were the same co, just different names for the north and south??????
headquarters chattanooga tn if I remember right?

I
ve had some once years back in KC ks, but I survived!???? ha then decades back in Albany ga in the 60's! we they a .05 then??? oh those good days!

White Castle, lol, it was like one of the big treats for us when my siblings and I were kids. Best I recall we went to, I think, Archer and Kedzie in Chi. They were like 10 cents each or so. Dad would by a couple sacks and drive us to Midway so we could watch the planes takeoff and land.
Another outfit closer to the airport show was Henry's that he liked. Not the same slider but we still got to watch the "air show".

Not to my knowledge.....I guess they could be. I've had both and Krystal gets my vote.

Course, nuthin beats a Nu Way hot dog.....

http://www.nu-wayweiners.com/

hot dogs!!! back in the 70's before I moved to Missouri. Albany had a place that sold ONLY dogs!! best dogs I ever had. cheese dogs, chili dogs, slaw dogs, kraut dogs... what a minute i'm sounding llike F Gump and his danged shrimp!!!!!!!
there was pool haul in Tifton in the late 60's that had as good a chili dog as I ever had!!!!!!!
running top end over 1 75 2 a m ....... ah the days. 3 abreast 2 mid size cars and a stang. yep they would fit on the overpass! ha

prefer "older" movies, but the harold and kumar movie about white castle was pretty good. Anyone with a high speed computer - post up a clip from it.

2-66 Cudas,,, West Newton..... I know it well.
Round here it's In and Out. The owner of the chain raced a 69 Dart.She sponsored a Top Fuel FunnyCar at one time.That's fast food !!

Yep, when i lived in N.J. , we would all party on friday nights. One was picked early in the evening to be the sober one for the castle run usually around midnight. We called em rat burgers, and tuck in the tails, used to get a huge sack of em and wash em down with our beer. Sadly i cant get em anymore where i live now, but the friday night burger run memories with drunken friends LOL.

Anybody out in Clifton N.J. remembers the Hot Grill on lexington ave, or Rutts Hut out in Delawanna N.J. both aome of the best hot dog joints ever

Matt

This past week wife wanted to go, had the usual, 2 double cheese with extra pickle.

They are best when fresh and hot

They also have great chocolate shakes

Have made White Castle stuffing for thanksgiving before. They have a cook book for all you can make with White Castle burgers

In comparing Krystal's to White Castle, had heard they tasted the same, I don't thing so, White Castle hand s down, gal,I work with from Georiga said the Krystal's is better, think it must be from where you grew up

Years ago they had a Christmas commercial with a train set in a garage and in the center was a White Castle building. Sent White Castle an email to see if it was available. Was told no, about 3 months later they sent an email and said if I wanted one to send money to........ So now my wife has her own White Castle building .............LOL

I would highly recommend White Castle to anybody who was constipated. The grease in them will definitely loosen you up. Ate there once. Took a few bites, and threw everything except the soda away. ABSOLUTELY the worst burger I have ever eaten.

I would highly recommend White Castle to anybody who was constipated. The grease in them will definitely loosen you up. Ate there once. Took a few bites, and threw everything except the soda away. ABSOLUTELY the worst burger I have ever eaten.

Adds new meaning to the term "sliders" eh?

i remember the gut bomb"s were .10 to 13 cents in downtown st. paul always got a 25 bag of sliders to ride back to wisc with lol

Stop at the "WC Lounge" once a week. They are not fried, but steamed. They take reservations on Valentine's Day and do fancy table linens, table service and in store entertainment. Started out as a joke, now, it's a big deal. Rumor was that if you ordered "sliders" or "gut bombs", they would refuse to serve you. Now they have embraced the term "sliders". White Castle stuffing for turkey or chicken is outstanding. Two great things happened in 1921 - the birth of my Dad and of White Castle.

-
Back